Let's talk here....

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Intrepid, Jun 24, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

You are sickened by what you see in the video. Well, I don't blame you. But it is quite a bank shot to equate the bad works by some in Uganda with the good works by others elsewhere, alleging that good efforts elsewhere are not worthy unless they are first directed against the the wickedness in Uganda. It is a bit nonsensical to think that no one can carry off good works anywhere unless they first solve certain attrocities in Uganda. By that standard, Martin Luther King was a piker.

But if you are interested to go with Todd Bentley and the Fresh Fire Ministry to Uganda in August, then please fill out the following application. If you qualify, I'm sure Todd would be happy for you to help with their mission trip.

http://www.freshfire.ca/Missions/ApplicationFull.pdf

2. Titus

Titus New Member

Diane, Your experiences sound fascinating. When I first started my doctorate in naturopathic health (just before the mm hit) I took a survey course in energy healing. Energy never dies...it is just transferred. So it is no stretch to believe that energy, even healing energy can be transferred or even "sent out".

My mother's touch was soothing and energizing. I met a man in Haiti who seemed to have a powerful (some would call it life force, some would call it annointing) energy source. We spoke for some time and I'll never forget him.

3. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

The folks who reject faith healing will really reject this one, a faith healing chiropractor. I was talking to my chiropractor earlier today. I asked him whether he believed in faith healing and he came back with a personal experience. He was on a mission trip to the mountains of Jamaica, bad sickness and infirmaty at every turn. Folks who had pain and various other disorders came to him for healing. He said he really didn't know how to treat them because he had no x-ray equipment. He did not know the vectors, the directions for the adjustment. So after considering whether he should use his NUCCA training or just crack their backs so to speak, he decided to ask the Lord for assistance. Immediately on the first patient he knew the vector just like he would have if he had an x-ray in front of him. He was able to treat a whole line of folks successfully by employing that same technique.

4. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

There is no doubt in my mind, Dianne that there is something out there directing the whirlwind. I can remember being a kid at summer camp. I was on the top bunk in the cabin. Just above me was a window that opened upward and attached by a hook and eye on the ceiling. I was laying there supposedly to take a nap. All of a sudden knowledge came to me that the window was about to fall and catch my head. Instinctively I sat up in the bed, at which time the window came loose and swung down mightily hitting the bed frame just above where my head lay a couple of seconds earlier. Someone told me that the window was about to go. I could not have known that by myself. It easily could have killed me.

Regarding my friend's healing, I may not understand your question. Yes, I believe that different channels of healing are used. In fact, what you say is biblical. Sometimes God will use one channel, say the faith channel; sometimes he will use the desperation channel as He seems to have done with Kim. And sometimes God heals just because he wants to, just because he can. God is sovereign. Although I cannot give them readily, watching the revival I have recently heard the Biblical support for these different channels. Regarding my friend again, he is a person of faith. Of that there is no doubt. But God's reason for healing him, if that is what happened, God only knows.

5. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

The first 15 reasons why God's miracles happen
    by Todd Bentley

1. GOD'S LOVE

The Father's heart of love for people is the number one reason miracles happen. His love, expressed through the Abrahamic covenant thousands of years ago, now blesses us as 21st century believers with salvation, deliverance, prosperity, and healing. Under the New Covenant, we can receive those same blessings because we are redeemed from the curse of the law (Gal. 3:13, 14). Love, compassion, and tender mercies motivated Jesus' ministry. "And when Jesus went out He saw a great multitude; and He was moved with compassion for them, and healed their sick" (Matt. 14:14).

2. GOD KEEPS HIS COVENANTS

God's covenants are extremely powerful and sure because God is a God of His word. His promises are even surer than His name, than His very nature as God. If He promises something, He does it. It's as simple as that! God's promise of healing, "by whose stripes you were healed" is a sure thing we can stand on (1 Peter 2:24).

3. GOD WILLS IT

God wants to heal, and He's willing to heal you. It's easy to believe that He wants to heal, but harder to believe that He's willing to heal you. The leprous man said, "Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean" (Matt. 8:2). Jesus responded, "I am willing. Be cleansed." Remember the Gentile centurion who didn't even have to ask Jesus to heal his servant? Jesus simply said, "I will come and heal him" (Matt. 8:7).

Similarly, the disciples prayed for God to release Peter from prison. Someone knocked at the door and Rhoda answered. It was Peter! (Acts 12:13). Their answer was so immediate that they didn't believe Rhoda's report. Believe for an answer while you're still asking. God wills it. He wants to heal you! Jesus is just as willing to heal us. Believe in His goodness and His desire to heal. He is saying to each of us, "My son, my daughter--I am willing. Be made whole."

4. MASS EVANGELISM

Lost souls are God's passion, and healing is the number one tool for harvest. A great multitude followed Jesus "because they saw His signs that He performed" on the afflicted (John 6:2). Jesus reached the entire nation of Israel with the Good News because He healed all kinds of sickness and disease and His fame went through all of Syria (Matt. 4:24). We tell the world that God is real, but they cry out, "Show me!" Jesus showed them. He healed them and reached them, and they followed.

Two men, who didn't even receive prayer, were totally healed when Jesus touched their eyes. They became known as the "two blind men." People were amazed by their testimony of God's healing power, and the news spread all over the country. That's the evangelistic power of healing and miracles.

5. DEMONSTRATION OF DEITY

The healing power of God provides convincing proof of God's deity--it proves that He is God. Moses understood this truth. Remember when God told Moses in Exodus 33 and 34 that He wasn't going to accompany them into the Promised Land, and that He would instead send an angel to travel with them? Moses told God that they wouldn't go unless He did. Moses said that without God's glory they would lose their distinction as God's people. Without the miracle-working power of God, Christianity is just another religion. What makes God God other than the demonstration of His deity? Jesus proved His deity through the miraculous.

Jesus began His ministry by turning water into wine. The Bible says: "This beginning of signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory; and His disciples believed in Him" (John. 2:11). This miracle was a manifestation of His glory as God in the flesh. This was the first miracle to demonstrate His deity. It was necessary so that His disciples would be thoroughly convinced that He was God. Later in John's Gospel, Jesus said to His disciples, "Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves" (John 14:11).

6. TO FULFILL THE PROPHETIC WORD

Isaiah gave us a prophetic promise of healing, hundreds of years before Christ. In Isaiah 53, he spoke of Christ's suffering for our pain, sin, and sorrow before declaring: "By His stripes we are healed" (v. 5). Those many centuries ago, God prophesied healing in the Atonement. Isaiah prophesied that Christ would suffer for our pain, sorrow, and sickness just as He would suffer for our sin. Healing is for all, in the same way as the forgiveness of sin is for all. It's not just for some. All! No one is excluded from salvation or healing.

The Gospel of Matthew (Matt. 8:16, 17) confirms that Jesus' healing ministry fulfilled Isaiah's prophecy. Jesus healed all in order to fulfill Isaiah's prophecy that He would eventually pay the price for our healing. Jesus didn't come just to die for our sin, but also for our sicknesses. Jesus, through His healing ministry, established forever the prophetic promise of healing for those who put their faith in Him.

7. FAITH

Faith is one of the vital reasons miracles happen. James 5:14 and 15 describe the power of faith: "The prayer of faith will save [or heal] the sick." The faith of the person praying is important, not necessarily the faith of the sick person. As we pray for others in faith, they are healed. When we pray for healing, we are to believe for it before we see the healing manifested in the natural realm (Mark 11:24). In other words, believe before we receive.

This is a powerful principle. That's why it's so important to develop the eyes of our hearts--to see by faith things that don't exist yet on earth (2 Cor. 5:7). Faith of the sick makes them well, too. Often Jesus told people that their faith had healed them. Consider the woman with the issue of blood (Matt. 9:22). Another person's faith is very important too. Believers can stand in the gap for others who may be too weak or beaten down to fight in faith. By standing in the gap they exercise faith on the other person's behalf. Consider the nobleman's dying son, healed because of his father's faith (John 4:47–50). Faith in Jesus and His desire and ability to heal is a vital ingredient for miracles.

8. HEALING ANOINTING

This is the power of God's manifest presence. When it comes, it drives sickness and disease out. It doesn't have anything to do with people's own ability to believe God for their healing, but it has everything to do with how much of God's presence is manifest on the person ministering healing. With a strong anointing, sickness comes under the authority of the presence of God.

On one occasion, Jesus was ministering and the "power of the Lord was present to heal them" (Luke 5:17). Read about Peter (Acts 5:15). People who were sick on beds in the street waited for Peter's shadow to touch them. He carried so much of God into the street that miracles happened. Some of the Old Testament prophets described how this anointing will be seen in the last days (Hab. 3:3–5; Mal. 4:2, 5). The presence of Jesus drives away sickness.

9. TO PROVE THE MINISTRY

The release of healing power is an important way of proving or validating the ministry of God's people. How will people know that we truly serve a living, powerful God, unless they see the demonstration of His power in our lives? Peter said to the crowd at Pentecost: "Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested [proven] by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst" (Acts 2:22). What proved the ministry of Jesus? Miracles, signs, and wonders did.

10. TO KNOW HIM

Here's a wonderful reason for God's power: every miracle is an invitation to know Him! Jesus rebuked the people because they didn't recognize the true purpose of the signs, "Most assuredly, I say to you, you seek Me, not because you saw the signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled" (John 6:26). There is nothing wrong with signs as long as we understand the reason for them.

According to Jesus, signs should prompt us to seek Him. The sign is a whole lot more than the "Wow." He didn't rebuke the people for seeking signs, but for seeking physical blessings like bread, instead of the Bread of Heaven--Himself. He was saying, "The signs were an invitation to know Me. I revealed Myself, My love, and My goodness by healing you." You can be sure that you've had a touch of the divine when you have a massive cancer and a finger reaches from heaven, touches you, and the cancer is gone.

It leaves you with a greater desire to know this awesome God. Jesus ultimately wants us to seek Him, not for the loaves or the benefits, but to know Him personally. He wants a relationship with us. In John 6, the Lord spoke of Himself as the Bread of Life and called people to eat His flesh and drink His blood. That was His call for us to come into intimate relationship with Him. It's His desire that when He heals us, we will want to know Him--the Source of healing--not just want more of His blessing.

11. HE IS STILL THE SAME TODAY

We can also expect miracles because Jesus is risen and alive today. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Heb. 13:8). He acts the same as He did two thousand years ago. He still does miracles and wonders today because He is alive and He is the same. That's why miracles happen! Miracles couldn't have passed away with the apostles, because then He wouldn't be the same today. He is the "Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning" (James 1:17).

God's methods may change, but His nature never does. He is the God "who heals you" (Ex. 15:26). If He doesn't heal the sick today, then He has changed. But God cannot deny His own name and nature.

Jesus made this powerful statement : "I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death" (Rev. 1:18). God heals today to demonstrate His resurrection power and sovereign dominion over the influence of hell and death.

12. HEALING COMMISSION

Miracles happen today because Jesus commissioned us to work the miraculous in His name. He heals us and works in power through us because of this commission (John 14:12). He also gave us another healing commission in Mark 16:15–18, telling us to go into the entire world to preach the gospel, and promising that signs would follow those who believe. Signs and wonders don't automatically follow us because we are Christians. It's a belief in signs and wonders--in the unseen--that releases the miraculous. It's "according to your faith let it be to you" (Matt. 9:29)

13. REPENTANCE

Repentance! With every miracle comes a responsibility to change. Healings can actually bring a judgment against entire cities. I believe God does miracles in some cities in North America as a sign to them that they don't know God--that they are godless.

Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the day of judgment than for you. And you, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to Hades; for if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. (Matthew 11:21–23)

God does miracles in cities, and in the lives of believers, in the hope that they will repent of their sin and unbelief. Supernatural signs demonstrate how real and awesome our God is--they call us back to the Father so our hearts are totally after Him.

14. SO THAT WE MIGHT BELIEVE

God does signs and wonders today so that we will believe in His power to do the impossible. Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead so that people would believe that He was from God (John 11:42).

The apostle John confirmed this purpose for the miraculous: "And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name" (John 20:30, 31). John was saying that Jesus performed signs to make people believe. And it is clear, from Mark 16:17, 18, that healing and miracles are some of the signs that provoke faith.

15. GOODNESS

Miracles happen because of God's goodness. Jesus said, "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!" (Matt. 7:11). Our heavenly Father is a very good God--the Scriptures and nature testify to this over and over. He wants to lavish good gifts on us. "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above" (James 1:17).

God gave His only Son to die for us and then He gave us the Holy Spirit to teach, comfort, and empower us. He also wants to continually pour heavenly blessings on us who will receive them by faith. God is so good that He wants to do "exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think" (Eph. 3:20).

6. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Here are the next 15 reasons by Todd Bentley:

16. GOD IS SOVEREIGN

This is a simple reason that is good enough for me. Clearly, the Bible shows us that God sometimes acts in sovereign ways and doesn't necessarily explain everything to us: "Do not be hasty to go from his presence. Do not take your stand for an evil thing, for he does whatever pleases him" (Eccl. 8:3). Why healings? Why miracles? Because He is sovereign and does whatever He pleases!

In Scripture we read how God sent an angel to the pool of Bethesda at a certain time to stir the waters so that the first person in would be healed (John 5:4). In the original Greek, God sent the angel at a kairos time (a set, convenient or due season). This was a sovereign healing visitation not based on the fulfillment of any conditions by those who were sick.

Yes, God does give us principles as well as reasons for the things He does--but not always. If He wants to do something, He just does it; He doesn't have to explain it to us. He is God and we are not.

17. CHARITABLE GIVING

You will see more miracles in your ministry through charitable giving and prayer. Our alms and offerings open the heavens! Tabitha's good works and charitable deeds caused God to raise her from the dead (Acts 9:36-41), and God brought salvation to Cornelius's house because of his giving (Acts 10:1, 2). Alms are not tithes. They are resources given to the poor beyond the tithe. They are love offerings--special gifts to the poor or for children--for the sake of mercy. "Blessed is he who considers the poor; the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble. The LORD will preserve him and keep him alive, and he will be blessed on the earth; You will not deliver him to the will of his enemies" (Ps. 41:1, 2). Scripture also promises that He will give us victory over our enemies and strengthen us on our sickbeds (Ps. 41:2, 3). These verses declare not just healing, but divine health. God will preserve us and keep us alive. He'll strengthen us on our beds of illness. Why would the Lord do all this? Because we consider the poor. That's one reason God does miracles today--charitable giving.

18. IT'S THE GOSPEL

Miracles happen because of the Good News. We need to preach the gospel! As the apostle Paul said, "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes" (Rom. 1:16). The gospel is the power of God for everyone who believes. A person cannot be saved without power. The power of God to save is found in the preaching of the message. In the Book of Romans, Paul talks about his ministry among unbelievers. He goes on to talk about the ministry of Jesus given to him: "In mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God, so that from Jerusalem and round about to Illyricum I have fully preached the gospel of Christ" (Rom. 15:19).

Do you know what Paul just said? He clearly said that he has not fully preached the gospel if he does not do it with miracles, signs, and wonders in the power of the Holy Ghost! Wow! Signs and wonders are a powerful confirmation of the truth of the gospel. "So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs" (Mark 16:19, 20).

What did they do? They preached everywhere. What did they preach? It was the full gospel message of salvation with power--signs which included deliverance, healing, and miracles. Healing signs specifically accompany the message of the gospel of Christ.

19. FRIENDSHIP WITH GOD

Friendship with God is another reason God heals today. Jesus said to His disciples:

No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. (John 15:15, 16)

When you become a friend of God, the first thing you get is the inside scoop on what He is doing. Why? Because you are friends. Whatever you ask of the Father He will give to you. God hears the prayers of His friends. There is a wonderful connection between intimate friendship with God and working miracles today. As we abide in the Vine, we ask for whatever we wish and it happens. He is saying, "I am going to answer your prayer and you are going to bear much fruit" (John 15:7, 8).

20. THE GLORY OF GOD

Miracles bring glory to the God of Israel (Matt. 15:31). Jesus healed the maimed--a creative miracle that restored arms, legs, or other missing body parts. He also healed the mute, lame, and blind. Why? So people would give glory to the God of Israel. God sometimes does miracles so that we will praise Him. Miracles make us aware that God is good and all-powerful. Through healing, He reveals His powerful goodness. Our faith grows and we experience breakthroughs when we see His faithfulness. Abraham grew strong in faith by giving glory to God (Rom. 4:20).

God may use miracles to bring favor on our lives and ministries, but if our motive for ministering healing is for the attention to turn to us, then we are stealing God's glory. We need to be passionate in our pursuit to give God the glory. Yes, God does miracles so people will glorify Him and be drawn closer to Him when they see Him as the God of great power and goodness. Miracles are for the glory of God.

21. THE CURSE OF THE LAW

God also heals today because, according to Galatians 3:13: "Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law." God will heal you today because Christ redeems from the curse of the law "that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus" (Gal. 3:14). God wants us to receive the blessing of Abraham. God wants to free us from all the diseases described under the curse of the law in Deuteronomy 28.

That description includes just about every sickness that you can find in the world today as well as blindness, tumors, boils, skin conditions, insanity, confusion, mental illness, chronic conditions, and miscarriages. Although certain diseases today may have different names, they still fit under the criteria of "every sickness and every plague, which is not written in this Book of the Law" (Deut. 28:61). The bottom line is that to redeem us from this curse of the law and to fulfill His covenant with us (which was paid with Jesus' blood), God has to heal us from every sickness and disease. Christ paid the price for our complete freedom from the curse of physical sickness.

22. DESPERATION

Remember blind Bartimaeus who, when he cried out, was told to be quiet, yet he cried out all the more? (Mark 10:46-48). He received his healing. The woman with the issue of blood pushed through in desperation to be healed. In fact, she risked her life, but she got what she was seeking (Mark 5:25-34). Jesus at first seemed unmoved by the pleas of the Canaanite woman to heal her daughter. The disciples tried to make her go away, but she persisted (Matt. 15:27). Jesus responded to her desperation and healed her daughter. When people cry out to God in spite of those who discourage them--when they press through the crowd, over the obstacles, and beyond their fears--God heals.

23. TO DESTROY THE DEVIL'S WORK

If God did miracles for no other reason than this one, it would be enough. He does miracles to destroy the devil's work! Think about that truth for a minute. Here's what the Bible says: "God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him" (Acts 10:38). Jesus went about doing good and healing people to set the oppressed free! "For this purpose the Son of God was manifested that He might destroy the works of the devil" (1 John 3:8).

In God's eyes, any sickness or disease is oppression and a work of the devil. This doesn't mean you are demon possessed if you are sick; rather, there is a demonic source behind the illness. The Enemy is at work to afflict and destroy people's bodies. We can resist sickness because Scripture tells us that every sickness and disease is of the devil. Rise up in God's righteous anger to destroy the Enemy's works--just as Jesus did.

24. THE NAME OF GOD

One of God's redemptive names is Jehovah Rapha--a Hebrew name that means "The Lord Heals." This word also means "physician" or "doctor." In Exodus 15:26, God said to His people: "I am the LORD who heals you." The word Rapha refers more to physical healing than inner healing, relational healing, or national healing. He is Jehovah the Great Physician. By definition, He heals and makes healthy. His wisdom and power over disease is far greater than that of an earthly doctor. Let's put our faith in Jehovah Rapha, our Healer.

25. COMMUNION

It is vital that we understand the power of communion in healing and miracles: "For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep" (1 Cor. 11:29, 30). When we understand that believers in every denominational stream are just as important to Christ's body as we are, then we become strong and healthy.

Revelation of the power of communion--the healing power in Christ's body, found in the atoning sacrifice--brings rivers of healing to the church. When we take communion, we see and know the healing that is found through His broken, beaten body. We understand the forgiveness of sin, and the sozo--the salvation, healing, and deliverance at the moment of salvation for the body, soul, and spirit.

We need the revelation in communion that He suffered for sickness and desires us to be forgiven and healed. Christ's body was broken for our spiritual wholeness as well as our physical wholeness. Partaking of communion in a worthy manner, with full revelation of the atoning sacrifice and of Christ's body, brings us God's revelatory power for life and healing.

26. GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT

God has given His children the gifts of the Spirit so that we can walk in the same power Jesus did. As the apostle Paul said about these gifts: "To another [is given] faith by the same spirit, to another gifts of healing by the same spirit, to another working of miracles" (1 Cor. 12: 9, 10). Why do healings happen today? That verse is clear--He heals through and because of the gifts of the Spirit.

27. THE NAME OF JESUS

Why did God heal the lame man at the Beautiful Gate? The answer is found in the apostle Peter's words: "Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk" (Acts 3:6).

Clearly, healing happens because of the name of Jesus Christ. Peter confirmed the power of Jesus' name saying: "And His name, through faith in His name, has made this man strong" (Acts 3:16). The name Jesus comes from the Hebrew root, Yeshua, meaning, "Jehovah is salvation" (again pointing to sozo--see later), while the name Christ means "the Messiah" or "Anointed One," such as a priest or king. As the Christ, Jesus was anointed with the Holy Spirit to release healing power. Healing is in Jesus' name and He is still the same today; He has not changed His name. That wonderful name is the only reason we need for healing and miracles today.

28. FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT

Soak in the reality of Romans 8:11! This scripture reveals that the same Spirit that lived in Jesus also lives in us. Being filled with the Spirit is a powerful key to the manifestation of God's healing power and anointing in life and ministry. Divine healing comes through His Spirit who dwells in us and brings life to our physical bodies. The healing anointing is in us--it comes through the Spirit that dwells in us, not the Holy Ghost on the outside. The same Spirit that empowered the ministry of Jesus to heal those oppressed by the devil lives in us, and the same Spirit that came on Jesus in power and raised Him from the dead lives in us. This same Spirit was involved in the creation of the entire universe and He lives in us! This revelation will bring healing to your mortal body and life to your soul. The healing power of the Spirit is within you.

29. I AM SAVED

In God's eyes, salvation (or sozo) doesn't simply mean spiritual salvation and freedom from sin. Remember what Scripture says about Jesus' healing ministry? "And as many as touched Him were made well" (Mark 6:56). That word well is sozo or salvation--so everyone who touched Jesus was saved from their sickness. When we come to Jesus for salvation, we get the whole package--salvation, healing, and deliverance. (Other sozo Scriptures are Luke 7:50 and Romans 10:9.)

30. THE KINGDOM

Jesus said, "But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you" (Matt. 12:28). Another kingdom Scripture worth noting is Matthew 6:10. The disciples asked Jesus to teach them how to pray and Jesus replied, "Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven." The kingdom of God is "as it is in heaven." God's kingdom comes when heaven and earth synchronize--when heaven touches earth. His kingdom comes when heaven shows up in your world and your life lines up with God's world. That means no sorrow, no pain, no sickness, or disease in your life. Those things don't exist in heaven.

The Enemy will do anything to oppose this wonderful divine plan. So when you pray, welcome the kingdom. Pray for the kingdom to come. Invite the atmosphere of heaven into your life, into your church, and into your city. God does miracles and healings in the church today because they are a sign and a manifestation of His kingdom. When people see miracles manifested on the earth, they know that the kingdom of God has come upon them.

7. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

30 reasons why miracles do not happen.
    First 15
    by Todd Bentley

1. LITTLE FAITH Greek: Oligopistos, small, and pistis faith “describing a faith that lacks confidence or trusts too little. It is also referred to as “undeveloped faith” as opposed to outright unbelief. Undeveloped faith is the faith that grows like a mustard seed when action is applied to knowledge. Examples of this word are found in these verses: Matt 8:26 Disciples are in the boat at sea. 26, "Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?” Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. Matt 14:31 Peter walks on the water and begins to sink. 31, “And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” Matt 16:8 They forgot to take bread and they feared they would starve. This happened twice after they had an opportunity to develop and use faith. They saw God feed the 5,000 and the 4,000 with only a few loaves and fish. God expected more from them because of what they had already seen. 8, “But Jesus, being aware of it, said to them, “O you of little faith, why do you reason among yourselves because you have brought no bread?”

?2. UNBELIEF Mark 6:1, 5, 6 1, ”Then He went out from there and came to His own country, and His disciples followed Him.” 5,”Now He could do no mighty work there, except that He laid His hands on a few sick people and healed them. And He marveled because of their unbelief.” There is more than one kind of unbelief, like personal unbelief that hinders healing. There is unbelief in a city like Nazareth that can hinder the corporate healing. Then as we will see in Matt. 17, unbelief in a nation or generation can hinder healing as well. Matt 17:19-20 19, “Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not cast it out?” 20,”So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.”?

3. UNFORGIVENESS In this passage of scripture, Jesus describes how one servant was forgiven a big debt and then that same servant failed to forgive his servant of a small debt. The man forgiven the bigger debt after begging his master for forgiveness did not show the same mercy he received to his servant, so the Lord turned him over to the tortures. Matt 18:34-35 34, “And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him. 35, “So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.” There is a direct link to sickness and unforgivness. The word for torture and torment here means: agony of body and mind, torment by demons inflicting intense pain to the body or mind. Just recently I heard on CNN that scientific tests have concluded anger causes high blood pressure, heart problems and disease. Bitterness also causes mental problems, cancers and chronic conditions. Matt 6:14-15 14, “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15, “But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.” Matt 5:23-25 23, “Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 “leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. 25 “Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer and you be thrown into prison.” This passage describes offenses and how God doesn’t just want us to be sure we are not offended but that if we know one offended with us we are to go to them and be peace makers. I was in a situation one time as young Christian where an elder corrected me and disagreed about my understanding of the Holy Spirit. I was doctrinally correct, but when I said I believe the Holy Sprit can be grieved as a person, he hit me. I saw the man a few days later and the Lord said go to him and ask forgiveness for how he perceived the situation that he justified hitting me. I said, “Lord, he is wrong.” I have forgiven him and I am free of offence. The Lord said he is not and even though I was right the Lord said make peace. When I did, the man said that’s all right, don’t do it again. I had to make the choice to not to be offended again. Many of you are in a place where you know another has an issue with you and you are right. I can not help it if they are offended, I did nothing. For the sake of your brother or sister, lay down your gift at the altar and go be reconciled. If you make the first step even though you have no offence, if they stay offended, at least you are free. God's healing came for Job by forgiving those who judged him and were even wrong. Many people say I am not asking forgivness for something I did not do wrong. Job 42:10-13 10, “And the Lord restored Job’s losses when he prayed for his friends. Indeed the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.” 11, “Then all his brothers, all his sisters, and all those who had been his acquaintances before, came to him and ate food with him in his house; and they consoled him and comforted him for all the adversity that the Lord had brought upon him. Each one gave him a piece of silver and each a ring of gold.” 12,”Now the Lord blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning; for he had fourteen thousand sheep, six thousand camels, one thousand yoke of oxen, and one thousand female donkeys.” 13, “He also had seven sons and three daughters.”?

4. INTIMACY Will you have relationship with me? Will you pray and go deeper. John 6:2 2, “Then a great multitude followed Him, because they saw His signs which He performed on those who were diseased.” Jesus wanted them to know the bread of heaven. The people wanted God for what he did and the blessing. Jesus said I want heart relationship. John 6:53-54 53, “Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.” 54, “Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.”?

5. SIN James 5:16 16, “Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.” Jesus spoke to the man crippled 38 years at the pool about sin and sickness. John 5:14 14, “Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, “See, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you.”?

6. PRAYER AND FASTING When there is not enough prayer and fasting it can also hinder healing in our life. Matt 17:21 21 “However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.” Psalm 35:13-14 13, ”But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth; I humbled myself with fasting; and my prayer would return to my own heart. 14, I paced about as though he were my friend or brother; I bowed down heavily, as one who mourns for his mother.” Isa 58:6, 8 6, “Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke? 8, “Then your light shall break forth like the morning, your healing shall spring forth speedily, and your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.”?

7. PRIDE 2 Kings 5:10-11 10, ”And Elisha sent a messenger to him, saying, “Go and wash in the Jordan seven times, and your flesh shall be restored to you, and you shall be clean.” 11, “But Naaman became furious, and went away and said, “Indeed, I said to myself, ‘He will surely come out to me, and stand and call on the name of the Lord his God, and wave his hand over the place, and heal the leprosy.” Namman nearly failed to receive healing because of his pride and position. I have been in meetings where God would not heal somebody because they judged in a pride attitude. I don’t have to go up to the front to be healed; or I am not falling down. They resist God through pride and fear of losing position if there seen having a man lesser or younger than them pray for them. Be first at the altar to receive from children and young people. Respond to the man of God, I will do anything the Lord says. I don't care if I seem vulnerable and somebody might think why he is at the altar. Our ministry persona may hinder the blessing of healing because too many times we are the ones doing ministry to the people to receive from another is to suggest we do not have it together.?

8. RELIGIOUS SPIRIT AND ATTITUDES Matt 11:16-17 16, “But to what shall I liken this generation? It is like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling to their companions, 17 and saying: We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we mourned to you, and you did not lament." In this passage, Jesus describes a generation that misses God because they want predictive Christianity. They want to orchestrate how the people respond and when. It is tradition and formulas that can hinder God’s healing power. We want to keep in control. If we play the flute, the people dance. Matt 16:1 1, “Then the Pharisees and Sadducees came, and testing Him asked that He would show them a sign from heaven.” The religious spirit wants to challenge God even after miracles happen and are evident. They say I won't believe unless God does this kind of a healing, or if God heals the sick, prove it to us then and heal this one. Luke 11:54 54, “lying in wait for Him, and seeking to catch Him in something He might say that they might accuse Him.” Religious spirit wants to find the faults and criticize and judge. They are in a place where they can not receive from God because they are in, “I will find something wrong, I knew it attitude.” They have already made up there mind, watching for an error, rather than a touch me mindset and humbly saying “God if it’s real please touch me.” A form of Godliness 2 Tim 3:5 5, “having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!” Religious forms can hinder the healing power of Jesus. When we are more concerned about keeping the tradition, time, rules, methods and appearances it hinder the manifest power of Jesus.?

9. LIMIT GOD Ps 78:41 41, “Yes, again and again they tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel.” We limit God in many ways to a word of knowledge or a package. We fail to receive because it has to happen in this style or through this scenario. God can only heal when this is happening or God only heals some. We limit God in our expectation and shut God out of doing it any other way than unless this one or that one lays hands on me.?

10. FEAR Job 3:25 25, “For the thing I greatly feared has come upon me and what I dreaded has happened to me.” Many times fear is the door the enemy uses to pass along generational sickness when we believe we are going to inherit this because my Mother and great, great Grandmother had it. Fear kept them out of the land of promise and the fear of a few spies spread too many. Saul was called out as king and to appear before the people but his fear kept him hiding in the baggage equipment. When we see the giants of opposition in our life, the doctor’s reports or the impossible situation itself, it can inspire fear which can not only cause, but hinder healing in our lives.?

11. UNSCRIPTURAL DOCTRINES Matt 22:29 29, ”Jesus answered and said to them, “You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God.” Do you know what a stronghold his? A stronghold is when we have believed a lie. It is a thinking pattern and process of thoughts patterned after what we believe because of what we have heard or experienced. I have met many that have failed to receive healing in their bodies because they have heard and been taught that God only heals some or think that miracles passed 2000 years ago. God uses sickness as Fathers discipline, Paul’s thorn in the flesh. It is a part of suffering for Jesus. Even though they do not believe that those religious doctrines have been known to hinder healing today.?

12. DEMONS Demons not only cause but hinder healing today. Sometimes it is not a matter of praying for healing, but casting out devils. Luke 13:10-11 Spirit of Infirmity 10, “Now He was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath. 11, And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up.” Matt 17:14-15 Epileptic 14, “And when they had come to the multitude, a man came to Him, kneeling down to Him and saying, 15 “Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is an epileptic and suffers severely; for he often falls into the fire and often into the water.” Depression Isa 61:3 The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; Mark 9:25 Deaf and dumb demon 25, ”When Jesus saw that the people came running together, He rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, “Deaf and dumb spirit, I command you, come out of him and enter him no more!” Matt 9:32-33 Mute Demon 32, ”As they went out, behold, they brought to Him a man, mute and demon-possessed. 33,” And when the demon was cast out, the mute spoke and the multitudes marveled, saying, “It was never seen like this in Israel!” Matt 12:22 Blind demon 22, “Then one was brought to Him who was demon-possessed, blind and mute; and He healed him, so that the blind and mute man both spoke and saw.” Acts 10:38 All Sickness a devils work 38, “how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.”?

13. EXCUSES John 5:7 7, “The sick man answered Him, “Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up; but while I am coming, another steps down before me.” Nobody laid hands on me. I am too sick to get to the meeting. They did not call out my word of knowledge. I am not worthy. They did not pray long enough for me. I can not make a commitment. I work all the time. I can't get in that line of a hundred so I won't get prayer. I have to leave by 8:00 pm. Excuses blame everyone and everything else for our not receive healing.?

14. MOTIVE Matt 11: 7-9 7, ”As they departed, Jesus began to say to the multitudes concerning John: “What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind? 8, “But what did you go out to see? A man clothed in soft garments? Indeed, those who wear soft clothing are in kings’ houses. 9 “But what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I say to you, and more than a prophet.” What did you go out to see? Did you go to receive a word or to be wowed. Is it the he man or does the package offend you. What are your expectations? Why are you here? John 6:26 26, “Jesus answered them and said, “Most assuredly, I say to you, you seek Me, not because you saw the signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled.” You just want the blessing and benefit. 1 John 5:14-15 14, ”Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15,” And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.” These motives can be a hindrance to healing because many times we ask God amiss and we want to be healed, so we can go on eating the foods that cause illness. Will we change our lives, our eating and nutrition? Sometimes or motive is self glory. I told the John Lake story about a man who heard a crippled boy lost and crying out on the mountain. This man made sure no one was looking and ran over and healed him before anyone could see it was him and then took of before anyone could attach his name to the miracle.?

15. COMPLAINING, MURMURING & GRUMBLING Numbers 21: 4-5 4, ”Then they journeyed from Mount Hor by the Way of the Red Sea, to go around the land of Edom; and the soul of the people became very discouraged on the way. 5,” And the people spoke against God and against Moses: “Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? For there is no food and no water, and our soul loathes this worthless bread.” Negatative confessions. I knew it would happen to me, I always get sick. I deserve this because, I never receive from God. God why did you heal her they don't deserve it I do. God never blesses me. Why should I tithe it doesn’t change anything. Why pray it’s too hard? God doesn’t speak to me anyway why the word read. Murmuring, “why does this happen to me?” God, “why did you bring us here?” It was better over there. Ps 78:18-20 18, ”And they tested God in their heart by asking for the food of their fancy. 19,”Yes, they spoke against God: They said, “Can God prepare a table in the wilderness? 20,”Behold, He struck the rock, So that the waters gushed out, and the streams overflowed. Can He give bread also? Can He provide meat for His people?” And, v 32-33 32, “In spite of this they still sinned, and did not believe in His wondrous works.” 33,”Therefore their days He consumed in futility, and their years in fear.”?

8. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

30 reasons why miracles do not happen
    Second 15

16. DISOBEDIENCE Many times we can fail to receive healing because we will not do what the Lord say's. Whether it is to forgive, jump in the pool 7 times, do something you could not do. Many times we are disobedient to the Lord's strategies for our healing. Steps of obedience release healing. Has God spoken to you about an area of obedience? Have you responded? JOHN 2:5 5, His mother said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do it.” Do whatever He tells you. I know people that refuse to respond to a word of knowledge or separate themselves from an area of sin. I have been in meetings where God ask people to do something in faith they could not do and they refuse because they say I don’t feel or see change. What if God told us to spit in an eye or on a tongue? The blessing came to the widow’s house in the days of Elijah because she was obedient to the Lords word. 1 KINGS 17:11-16 11, And as she was going to get it, he called to her and said, “Please bring me a morsel of bread in your hand.”12 So she said, “As the Lord your God lives, I do not have bread, only a handful of flour in a bin, and a little oil in a jar; and see, I am gathering a couple of sticks that I may go in and prepare it for myself and my son, that we may eat it, and die.”13 And Elijah said to her, “Do not fear; go and do as you have said, but make me a small cake from it first, and bring it to me; and afterward make some for yourself and your son.14 “For thus says the Lord God of Israel: ‘The bin of flour shall not be used up, nor shall the jar of oil run dry, until the day the Lord sends rain on the earth.’ ”15 So she went away and did according to the word of Elijah; and she and he and her household ate for many days.16 The bin of flour was not used up, nor did the jar of oil run dry, according to the word of the Lord which He spoke by Elijah.?

17. PRAYERLESSNESS 2 KINGS 20:1-6 1, In those days Hezekiah was sick and near death. And Isaiah the prophet, the son of Amoz, went to him and said to him, “Thus says the Lord: ‘Set your house in order, for you shall die, and not live.’ ”2 Then he turned his face toward the wall, and prayed to the Lord, saying,3 “Remember now, O Lord, I pray, how I have walked before You in truth and with a loyal heart, and have done what was good in Your sight.” And Hezekiah wept bitterly.4 And it happened, before Isaiah had gone out into the middle court, that the word of the Lord came to him, saying, 5 “Return and tell Hezekiah the leader of My people, ‘Thus says the Lord, the God of David your father: “I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; surely I will heal you. On the third day you shall go up to the house of the Lord.6 “And I will add to your days fifteen years. I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for My own sake, and for the sake of My servant David.” We need to be like the persistent widow. When the disciples ask Jesus how to pray effectively his response was do not give up until it happens. LUKE 11: 5-8 5, And He said to them, “Which of you shall have a friend, and go to him at midnight and say to him, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves;6 ‘for a friend of mine has come to me on his journey, and I have nothing to set before him’;7 “and he will answer from within and say, ‘Do not trouble me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give to you’?8 “I say to you, though he will not rise and give to him because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will rise and give him as many as he needs. Then we have the parable of the persistent widow LUKE 18:1-8 1, Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart,2 saying: “There was in a certain city a judge who did not fear God nor regard man.3 “Now there was a widow in that city; and she came to him, saying, ‘Get justice for me from my adversary.’4 “And he would not for a while; but afterward he said within himself, ‘Though I do not fear God nor regard man,5 ‘yet because this widow troubles me I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.’ ”6 Then the Lord said, “Hear what the unjust judge said.7 “And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them?8 “I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?” Many times we fail to receive healing because we give up after not seeing immediate results. The bible says in Heb 11:6 God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.?

18. UNGODLY ATTITUDES TOWARDS LEADERS NUMBERS 16:1-3 1, Now Korah the son of Izhar, the son of Kohath, the son of Levi, with Dathan and Abiram the sons of Eliab, and On the son of Peleth, sons of Reuben, took men;2 and they rose up before Moses with some of the children of Israel, two hundred and fifty leaders of the congregation, representatives of the congregation, men of renown.3 They gathered together against Moses and Aaron, and said to them, “You take too much upon yourselves, for all the congregation is holy, every one of them, and the Lord is among them. Why then do you exalt yourselves above the assembly of the Lord?” I have seen this in the church today. People speak out against leaders because they feel that they are just or more anointed then them. Running from church to church or not even going. The worst sin is complaining and speaking against the leader or pastor. It’s the lone wolf, lone ranger spirit, the spirit of division and undermining. God's response to this attitude was NUMBERS 16:31-33 31 Now it came to pass, as he finished speaking all these words, that the ground split apart under them, 32 and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them up, with their households and all the men with Korah, with all their goods.33 So they and all those with them went down alive into the pit; the earth closed over them, and they perished from among the assembly. Then we have the story of Miriam and her leprosy NUMBERS 12:1-2, 9, 10 Then Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married; for he had married an Ethiopian woman.2 So they said, “Has the Lord indeed spoken only through Moses? Has He not spoken through us also?” And the Lord heard it. SO 9, So the anger of the Lord was aroused against them, and He departed.10 And when the cloud departed from above the tabernacle, suddenly Miriam became leprous, as white as snow. Then Aaron turned toward Miriam, and there she was, a leper. Sometimes we need to repent for speaking out and criticizing others especially leaders and even moves of God or manafestations.Remember Michal and how she became barren because she judged and spoke out against David as he danced before the Lord.?

19. IGNORANCE Many times we fail to receive healing because we do not know what God's will is HOSEA 4:6 6, My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge.?

20. NATURAL MEANS Sometimes God gives us good wisdom about nutrion, eating and vitamins. Still God can use doctors and medicine. Hezekiah's healing 2 KINGS 20:7 7, Then Isaiah said, “Take a lump of figs.” So they took and laid it on the boil, and he recovered. Paul told Timothy to take a little wine for his stomach. Remember all healing still comes from God even if medicine is used.?

21. OUR CONFESSION (WORDS) PROVERBS 18:20-21 20, A man’s stomach shall be satisfied from the fruit of his mouth; from the produce of his lips he shall be filled. 21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit. PROVERBS 15:4 4, A wholesome tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit. PROVERBS 12:14 14, A man will be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth, and the recompense of a man’s hands will be rendered to him. PROVERBS 12:18 18, There is one who speaks like the piercing of a sword, But the tongue of the wise promotes health.?

22. BROKEN SPIRIT PROVERBS 17:22 22, A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones. PROVERBS 18:14 14, The spirit of a man will sustain him in sickness, But who can bear a broken spirit? Sometimes hindrances to healing can be a trauma and wounds of the past. We don't always need physical but emotional healing.?

23. ANXIETY, FEAR, WORRY Sometimes what is going in our hearts can hinder our healing and even be the cause of sickness. PROVERBS 14:30 30, A sound heart (Tranquil, peaceful) is life to the body, but envy is rottenness to the bones. When we are not at peace in the heart it can be the cause of sickness. PROVERBS 4:23 23, Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life.?

24. HARDENED HEART Hardened means: To form a callous or petrify, make hard, spiritual deafness or blindness. Those who repeatedly resist the word become insensitive and lose the power of understanding. MARK 8:16-18 16, And they reasoned among themselves, saying, “It is because we have no bread.”17 But Jesus, being aware of it, said to them, “Why do you reason because you have no bread? Do you not yet perceive nor understand? Is your heart still hardened? 18 “Having eyes, do you not see? And having ears, do you not hear? And do you not remember? The heart becomes hardened when we forget what he has done. Jesus asked them do you not remember. Our healing can be hindered when we fail to remember his works in the past. It causes the heart to become dull. PSALMS 78:9 9, The children of Ephraim, being armed and carrying bows, Turned back in the day of battle. This happened after they forgot his past works The heart also becomes hardened by the deceitfulness of sin or even areas of little compromise and inward toleration. HEBREWS 3:12-13 12, Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God;13 but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. We also become dull in our and hearing because we fail to be a doer of the word HEBREWS 5:14 14, But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. The cares of the world also cause the heart to become dull (Parable of sower) Rebellion is also a key to the heart being dull. When we continually resist the word or do not meditate on the word. EZEKIEL 12:1-2 Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying: 2 “Son of man, you dwell in the midst of a rebellious house, which has eyes to see but does not see, and ears to hear but does not hear; for they are a rebellious house.?

25. NEGATIVE INFLUENCES MARK 5: 35 35, While He was still speaking, some came from the ruler of the synagogue’s house who said, “Your daughter is dead. Why trouble the Teacher any further?” Jairus nearly lost his daughter because the people and the circumstances said give up. Do not feed your spirit with naysayers and those who are trying to keep you from what God really wants you to have. There will always be those negative voices speaking it is not God's time. did you see what the report said? The devil wants you to focus on the contrary winds and will even use family and friends to try to discourage us. See nothing happened or If God did not heal me then why would he heal you. Why do you need to press in for healing isn't salvation enough? Bear it and grin it the Lord is teaching you. The woman whose son died and was raised from the dead had those discouraging voices. 2 KINGS 4:23 23, So he said, “Why are you going to him today? It is neither the New Moon nor the Sabbath.” And she said, “It is well.” Blind Bartamaius nearly lost his healing because the outside influences said be quiet and give up. He is passed you by now LUKE 18:39 39, Then those who went before warned him that he should be quiet; but he cried out all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”?

26. GREED 2 KINGS 5: 20-27 20, But Gehazi, the servant of Elisha the man of God, said, “Look, my master has spared Naaman this Syrian, while not receiving from his hands what he brought; but as the Lord lives, I will run after him and take something from him.”21 So Gehazi pursued Naaman. When Naaman saw him running after him, he got down from the chariot to meet him, and said, “Is all well?”22 And he said, “All is well. My master has sent me, saying, ‘Indeed, just now two young men of the sons of the prophets have come to me from the mountains of Ephraim. Please give them a talent of silver and two changes of garments.’ ”23 So Naaman said, “Please, take two talents.” And he urged him, and bound two talents of silver in two bags, with two changes of garments, and handed them to two of his servants; and they carried them on ahead of him.24 When he came to the citadel, he took them from their hand, and stored them away in the house; then he let the men go, and they departed.25 Now he went in and stood before his master. Elisha said to him, “Where did you go, Gehazi?” And he said, “Your servant did not go anywhere.”26 Then he said to him, “Did not my heart go with you when the man turned back from his chariot to meet you? Is it time to receive money and to receive clothing, olive groves and vineyards, sheep and oxen, male and female servants? 27 “Therefore the leprosy of Naaman shall cling to you and your descendants forever.” And he went out from his presence leprous, as white as snow. It was Greed in the case of Simon the sorcerer that hindered him receiving an impartation of healing power. ACTS 8:18-20 18, And when Simon saw that through the laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Spirit was given, he offered them money,19 saying, “Give me this power also, that anyone on whom I lay hands may receive the Holy Spirit.”20 But Peter said to him, “Your money perishes with you, because you thought that the gift of God could be purchased with money!?

27. CURSE Many times we do not receive healing because we first need to break the curse of infirmity. Generational curses can cause sickness and disease. Many times the same curse upon another in our family is passed down. DEUTERONOMY 28:46 46 “And they shall be upon you for a sign and a wonder, and on your descendants forever.?

28. HEALING CAN BE DELAYED WHEN WE FORGET THE POOR? PROVERBS 21:13 13, whoever shuts his ears to the cry of the poor Will also cry himself and not be heard. Cornlius was answered because of his gifts to the poor. ACTS 10:1-4 1, There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of what was called the Italian Regiment, 2 a devout man and one who feared God with his entire household, who gave alms generously to the people, and prayed to God always. 3 About the ninth hour of the day he saw clearly in a vision an angel of God coming in and saying to him, “Cornelius!” 4 And when he observed him, he was afraid, and said, “What is it, lord?” So he said to him, “Your prayers and your alms have come up for a memorial before God. ISAIAH 58:7-8 7, Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out; When you see the naked, that you cover him, And not hide yourself from your own flesh?8 Then your light shall break forth like the morning, Your healing shall spring forth speedily,

?29. OFFENDED AT THE VESSEL MARK 6:3 3, “Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and brother of James, Joses, Judas, and Simon? And are not His sisters here with us?” And they were offended at Him. How could God use them attitude.?

30. NO EXPECTATION ACTS 3:5 5, So he gave them his attention, expecting to receive something from them. Many people fail to receive healing today because our attitude is not aggressive enough. We sit back and wait to see if anything happens. If God wants to heal me he can do it here in my seat. I will take what he gives me. I guess it is his will because I am not healed. What about the story in Acts 12 after they pray all night for Peter to be released from prison. When he is released by an angel and knocks at the door they do not believe it is him. Many people in the church can pray all night but do we expect the answer is coming. ACTS 12:14-16 14, When she recognized Peter’s voice, because of her gladness she did not open the gate, but ran in and announced that Peter stood before the gate.15 But they said to her, “You are beside yourself!” Yet she kept insisting that it was so. So they said, “It is his angel.”16 Now Peter continued knocking; and when they opened the door and saw him, they were astonished.

9. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

there is no way i can read all of this

ciao!

10. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

It will be there each time you come back. Take it in small bites.

11. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

too much to take even in small bits. I prefer personal ideas and thoughts but all of t hose words are just too much. I read some of it but after awhile I just became lost in the volume of words.

12. old timer

old timer Guest

Thanks for this , Trish. I found it really interesting and I will be doing more exploring on the subject.

13. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

The question was asked earlier in this thread why God would heal certain people and not others. Within these last entries are the answers to that question, right from the Bible. That is why I found these entries and brought them into the thread. Yes, it is long. But no one can make a long answer shorter than it really is and still adequately answer the question. If that could be done, books would be only a few lines. Think of the savings in publishing costs!

I think a 31st reason that miracles do not happen may just be a general lack of effort on the part of the one who needs healing. Yes, it may take a little effort to get through this information, but is that a bad thing? Why should folks who obviously need healing, who are interested enough to ask or ponder the answers to such a worthy question, not have the little bit of resolve it takes to try and understand the answer? I guess the question is easier to ask than the answer is to master. But with respect, sometimes the effort is worth it. Sometimes a pearl of wisdom shines through, something that one can take and use to one's benefit and the benefit of others for an entire lifetime. And what puzzles me are the folks who decide that what I offered here is too long for them to receive benefit, but then feel the need to take their prescious time to comment to that effect. I mean, why even comment if it is something you are not interested in? What am I missing here? Once again, if you don't want to read it, then don't read it. But why take the time to answer something for which time is the objection, by answering my entry with an entry of your own that just says you don't want to take the time to read my entry? I mean, if time is the problem, you are wasting it just answering with your own comment! If I answered all the posts that I do not read by saying I do not want to read them, and if everyone did the same, then what kind of forum would that be? Come on folks. If you find no value in something, then that's fine. I'm sorry that I littered your screen with all that stuff you don't want to read. But respect it for what it is, a massive amount of work by the person who researched it, a little bit of work by the person who brought it here, and a germane answer to a relevant question previously posed in the thread.

14. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

not an attack on you Henry. Sheesh!
    I have difficulty with a profusion of words. After awhile my brain cannot process any of it.
    Why post about this? I thought you might somehow issue an abbreviated version that was easier to follow. The best part of all of it is your statement that the person to be healed has to be receptive. I don't believe the answer is in the Bible. Bit and pieces might be, but the Bible is only one source of information.

15. Titus

Titus New Member

Thanks, Hank. See you in Lakeland :)

16. pardonme

pardonme Guest

17. old timer

old timer Guest

deleted

18. Trish

Trish Guest

----------

19. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Paul,

I do not feel attacked at all. I know that I am not attacked. You are a good guy and would have no reason to attack me. I know that. But just as your post and others were only gratuitous, had no other purpose than to point out that the the information I posted was lenghthy, I, myself, felt like pointing that out with my own gratuitous comment. Your objection was not the content, but the length of the information. I would rather read something germane to the content, such as that you do not think that the answer is in the Bible, than to read that you just do not want to digest such a lengthy post. You see, because what you wrote originally tells me that anyway, that you do not believe that the answer is in the Bible, but without being direct about it. Had you really felt that the answer of why you have not received a miracle is contained in my post, you would have printed it out, highlighted it, retrieved your Bible off the shelf and not come up for air until you had figured out the answer. So your original post told me what your second post told me, just without telling me. Really, it is no skin off my nose and I am not offended. But just as you freely posted a gratuitous comment about the information I posted, then I did the same thing. And then you were offended by mine and wondered why I was offended by yours. Aren't we doing the same things to one another?

No, I'm good. It would take more than that to offend me. You would have to talk about my momma or something like that :) .

20. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

And we are sure about that? We humans think an awfully lot of our self-given attributes sometimes.