Let's all get paranoid

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Intrepid, Oct 5, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Titus: " I'd be reluctant to start a Wellness thread or even a bible study thread today. Sad situation....for me."

Well then, I guess they win, don't they. Time to get a grip, Ms. Kim. You are doing in one sentence exactly what you decry in the previous sentence. Positivity does not spring from negativity. Positivity is not the opposite of negativity. Positivity is the absence of negativity.

And as far as this thread not being about mental illness, that is BS. Paranoia is a mental illness and it is invalid for anyone, especially a psychology major, to claim that it is not. Who are we fooling here and for what purpose?

2. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Paranoia is a mental illness.

You not-so-indirectly bashed those who have undergone MEDICAL treatment for vaccine injury, mercury toxicity, etc. You imply that many of us ARE "putting out fires that haven't started," and that is a kind of bashing of our intelligence, choices, etc.

Who are you to judge what fires we may be facing?

You don't really know what some of us have had to deal with besides for Meniere's symptoms.

Personally, I think it was a GOOD thing that I (in your words) "tried everything under the sun to stave off" my Meniere's symptoms from returning.

I am now symptom-free. I think it was worth it. Not only has it brought me peace of mind, but it improved my health in other ways as well. In addition, I believe that I may have helped a few people here.

I think your original post was totally out of line. Your tongue-in cheek "humor" in no way detracted from the judgmental, negative, unsupportive, and dismissive nature of your comments.

I do agree with one thing you said. It IS hard enough to deal with what we have.

So maybe you can stop trying to "save" us from ourselves, and just deal with what YOU have.

3. studio34

studio34 Guest

TM -- have you ever noticed that there is a running theme in nearly all of your posts?

4. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

wisdom and knowledge are the keys

so many of the things we worry about never ever come to pass

we often worry about things out of our control rather than to shape/change those behaviors that need correction that are in our control

mental illness is very real and very disheartening at times - most people at one time or another experience mental disorders and left untreated they brink on the border of either becoming a condition or a disease. Some mental illnesses are visited upon those thru no fault of their own - hereditary, injury and/or elements in life and nuturing process... I applaud those who can speak openly about their conditions and disease - they are truly brave and to be respected.

5. Seadog

Seadog Ambidextrous dumb-ass with out coffee

Fight, fight, fight

6. tm53

tm53 New Member

Feel the love

7. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

oh gosh - i only read one or two posts so I am not sure of whom you speak

or if dog is trying to get me into a fight with him over my remarks on his weather stick

8. June-

June- New Member

Everyone wants validation.

9. Seadog

Seadog Ambidextrous dumb-ass with out coffee

Naaaa you are just paranoid;}

10. June-

June- New Member

Speaking of paranoid .... :D

11. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

I am not paranoid - they really are out to get me (well some people/groups)

12. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

i second that

13. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Actually, Intrepid brought it up on her original post, as can be seen in my very first response, where I copied her original post before she edited it. But nice try, studio.

14. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

this is off topic here - but I had (in another post) spoke of my past and where I had tried cocaine - twice - I am not proud of this but I am honest --to say the least. There were several reasons I quit and the first was the paranoia that went along with free-basing, secondly - I am not addictive type but if I continued doing coke I would or could have become and I wanted more for my life and ....thirdly - the paranoia.....

15. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

I do agree a lot with the original post though.

16. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Solari made no such suggestion to me--did he pm you? Or did I miss a post of his?

If you are going to accuse me of, let's see:

"anti-vaccine posts"
    "anti-medicine posts"
    "anti-bunch of stuff posts"
    "diffusing irrational fears" (what does this mean?)
    "making it seem like 99% is going to get it"
    "assuming a lot out of fear"

then I think you are going to have to document where I have done those things. And you need to prove every bit of what you write, including that I "make it seem like 99% is going to get it" and that I am "assuming a lot out of fear."

You are also going to prove where I even mention that "we are going to develop strange conditions from toiletries, food, root canals, medication or non-organic lettuce," or where I mention that "we are all going to get autism from the MMR shot."

Perhaps, though, it might be a better idea for you to concentrate on dealing with YOUR symptoms, rather than attempting to waste good forum space in lies. You might start investigating why you are spending your energy attacking rather than supporting. This is, after all, a dedicated support forum. The rest of us (well, most of the rest of us) are here to support.

Those who can, do.
    Those who can't, bully.

Oh, and I request that you NOT pm me. I have better things to do with my time than to be bullied by you, either by post or by pm.

17. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Perhaps you need to reread what I wrote, more carefully this time.

I gave no false impressions.

I merely requested that you not PM me.

I hope you are not developing paranoia....;)

18. Titus

Titus New Member

Hank,

I was stating fact when I spoke of the religion room being filled with negativity. When I post there I try to be positive and compassionate. Sometimes I fall short. When I see something negative or someone trying to bait me, I move on.

Life is too short and too precious to waste time fighting.

We should spend more time loving and supporting one another.

Disclaimer: The above represents an opinion. If anyone disagrees I will gladly accept and welcome said disagreement.

19. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

I have a few phobias but they are about things which although they are extremely unlikely to happen would still be very nasty - plane crash, shark attack etc. But I still fly and swim in the ocean.

My one TOTALLY irrational fear is that I will be working on the outside of the space ship and someone (HAL?) will cut me loose and I'll drift off into the inky abyss.

20. tm53

tm53 New Member