Let see what happens folks (DOLFAN ANTIVIRAL EXPERIMENT)

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by dolfan, Dec 6, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

If Stephen Spring is vice president of Meniere's Research Fund, and in charge of soliciting donations,

And if he also has this incredibly effective, (and incredibly expensive) cutting-edge regimen,

Then why are the cutting-edge researchers at MRF not testing his regimen?

If they're NOT testing his regimen, then why is he be asking for donations to MRF, if he thinks HE has The Cure for Meniere's?

To my eyes, the conflict of interest goes way beyond how he's presented himself to this forum.

Also, anybody can register on an Internet forum as Stephen Spring, and anyone can open a checking account under the name of Meniere's Research Fund. Or Meniere's Disease Research Fund. Or any worthy cause.

Just sayin...

2. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

How much L- Lysine are you taking? Are you taking anti-virals as well?

Are you taking anything else or doing anything else?

I hope tomorrow is better for you.

3. jaypr

jaypr New Member

As John of Ohio says himself it can take a couple of months for Llysine to work, if it is going to work.
    For me fortunately it took between 2 and 3 weeks. That was in aug 2009 and together with avoiding foods that the virus thrives on I have been vertigo free since then.

Stay with it Dolfan

4. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

Thank you jaypr, like so many others on here, your case has been documented with such accuracy and I really appreciate that. I'm taking the lysine till I save enough of the Acyclvir to have the right dosage, but plan on continuing with the lysine also. Avoiding certain foods is hard for me. I live in the orange juice capital and can down a fresh sqeezed glass faster than a beer. LOL :D I just hope this is the answer, because I don't want to lose my hearing to a surgical procedure.

5. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Why orange juice, and is Lisine available at my local supermarket.

While I'm taking the acyclovir, would it be a benefit to add this to my regimen, along with Ginko, cause I can't remember shit?

6. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

OJ has a high amount of arginine in it, just like other foods, like nuts, chocolate etc. Lysine evens out the ratio of both amino acids, because the herpes virus thrives in an arginine enviroment.

7. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Keep talking like that Professor and it will be your wife going nuts and you'll be the one thriving in an arginine environment. :D

8. June-

June- New Member

I'm not doctor, Gina, but I think you ought to take one thing at a time. If you throw everything on the counter in your mouth and you get either better or worse you will have no idea what caused it. If you just take antivirals and you get well, you'll figure it was the antivirals. If you take antivirals and 10 supplements you will figure you always have to take antivirals and 1o supplements. I think sometimes it is worth while to do what the doctor says and not 'improve' upon it with a bunch of garbage. That's just my opinion.

9. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

June is right, I plan on quitting the lysine as soon as I get enough of the Acyclovir. The reason why I never started the lysine was because I had to take it on an empty stomach. At night is the only time I could get away with that. June, do you know if alcohol interferes with the effectiveness of Acyclovir?

10. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

You make a good point, but there's another perspective: what if antivirals PLUS something else is the answer? In that case, antivirals alone either might not work, or might not work right away, in which case, it would be easy to give up on them.

11. June-

June- New Member

This is what makes it hard isn't it? For me antivirals Plus allergy treatment were the winning combination. I will say one thing though. There was improvement with antivirals alone for me and many others. The additional improvement with allergy treatment was qualitatively different. It's not always easy for me to know if when my ear acts up it is allergy or virus but as time has gone by and I listened real hard to my body I have gotten better at knowing.

I didn't mean to call all supplements garbage but when they or anything is used willynilly it becomes the same as garbage. Just like JOH recommends people start with a subset of his regime first I think people taking antivirals would be better off starting with just them. Later if they feel the need look at other things. Btw no matter what brings relief in most cases it will be a gradual thing. It takes a lot of patience. Look for the trend in the right direction and keep going that way.

12. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I agree with you June.

My Dr. Is the best

I will stick to what she gave me......but then again, I had to learn about it here......and then ask for it.

13. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

June, you are, as usual, sensible and logical!

I don't mean to be argumentative here.

It's just that I can see at least a couple of scenarios where one would NOT see improvement from just one thing , although antivirals don't fall into those scenarios.

for example, someone with undiagnosed Celiac disease would have intestinal malabsorption, and might therefore be deficient in B 12.

If that person goes on a gluten-free diet, the intestinal damage will heal--but B12 levels might not get back up to safe levels for many months, or maybe even not at all, depending on diet and source of B12.

If that same patient starts taking B12 supplements, but does NOT start a gf diet, the intestines won't heal, and the B12 supplement won't be absorbed.

In fact, if the same patient goes on a gf diet, takes a good B12 supplement--but just happens to be taking an acid blocker such as Prilosec, he will STILL have B12 deficiency, as the Prilosec will block the acid needed to properly process the B12 in the supplement. (Most celiac patients are on acid blockers before they finally get diagnosed, and sometimes even afterwards. In my case, I remained on acid blockers for many years because I didn't know you have to wean off of them, and I would have terrible acid every time I tried to quit.)

14. winewench

winewench I'm not drunk, I just walk with an accent!

I know that when I briefly tried Llysine, my symptoms got worse. They got WAY worse with Famvir (it was 10 days of pure Hell), but I stuck it out and am now so much better - almost symptom-free, except when the barometer drops (like today in northern CA), then I feel kinda queasy & carsick & my ear roars. At least I'm not in an intimate relationship with the porcelain God any more. :)

15. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

My intimate relationship with my porcelain throne are getting less and less, during high stress times.

I credit this to the Acyclovir, and to Ativan. As opposed to Valium.

Making a big difference in my life.

16. winewench

winewench I'm not drunk, I just walk with an accent!

Valium works for me, as does a glass of wine when I'm feeling "offish." No getting around it, this disease SUCKS!!

17. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I am not drinking alcohol while I'm taking Ativan.

It says it in the warnings.

18. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

I am not taking the L-Lysine anymore, it was to harsh on my intestines. I also read something that everybody should know before taking it.
    http://www.ehow.com/facts_5525957_llysine-side-effects.html

19. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

With the anti-virals, it's a slow process.

20. June-

June- New Member

^^

Antivirals work much faster than lysine by all reports.