Let see what happens folks (DOLFAN ANTIVIRAL EXPERIMENT)

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by dolfan, Dec 6, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Copy the link
    http://www.zoominternet.net/~kcshop/JOH.pdf
    and paste it into an email on your iPad. Then email it to yourself, and when you get somewhere where you have both computer and printer access, click on the link, which will take you to the document, and then hit "print!"

2. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Dolfan

Where are you in all of this?

Do you have the anti-viral?

And what dosage?

3. Jordan

Jordan New Member

I think Hank did a much better job.

4. Irelandman

Irelandman Guest

john, no disrespect meant but i remember in a previous post you said you had documented proof that your regimen worked for hundreds of others and now you state it has worked for dozens?
    i would imagine that tens of thousands of people have tried your regimen, but it has worked for dozens.
    as i said no disrespect meant, i am currently on your regimen for 18 months but i did have a gent shot around the same time i started. i take joh to prevent the disease from spreading to my good ear hopefully and plus its probably good for overall health anyway.

5. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

50 dozen=six hundred ;D

6. June-

June- New Member

Irelandman, I have to stick up for JOH here. I do not follow his regimen but I've been on this board for 4 + years and I know that many here do follow his regimen and many here have reported that it works for them. John has not asked any of them for contributions nor does he personally sell any of the supplements he recommends. And he does not charge 'for his time'. I do not believe he has ever asked for identifying information from anyone under any guise. 20 dozen = 240 which would be both dozens and hundreds.

I imagine not only you but John would like to see a reputable institution do a trial using his regimen. Easier said than done. But however you evaluate his regimen and data, he's not exhibited any behavior whatsoever on this board of a person out for personal gain. Not only that, but he has encouraged those who have the opportunity to take antivirals to do so or at least suggested it as an alternative to his regimen because one of the central pillars of JOH regimen is that lysine combats the virus but in a different way than the antiviral drugs. My only bone to pick with JOH is he won't let me call his regimen a regime, not coming from the part of the country I do :D He will correct me if anything I have said here is inaccurate.

And while I am at it, I will say neither has Henry Sullivan ever solicited money or for his nucca recommendations or tried to gather names under any guise.

These people just share their experiences like the rest of us. Take it or leave it.

If they had behaved as Spring did they would have received the scrutiny that Spring did here. As far as I am aware, Spring is the only one who has come here with such a business model much less one disguised as his was as a trial for a university.

7. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

In several posts above there were questions — very legitimate, indeed — regarding the “success” rate of my Meniere’s regimen of selected vitamins and supplements. Has the regimen brought symptomatic relief to just a few dozen, or several hundred, or even thousands?

The first, most important question, would be, “Does the regimen bring any relief at all?” Or, is it just a bunch of useless over the counter stuff that causes hopeful people to attribute any period of remission or reduced symptoms to the handful of pills and capsules taken each day, even though they have no real effect?

In the briefest manner I’ll answer the last question first. There is absolutely no doubt that the regimen brings substantial or complete symptomatic relief for a majority of those who diligently try it. How can I be sure of this assertion? I keep a record (absent names, addresses, or email contact information) from those who contact me telling exactly how the regimen has worked for them. Presently, I have 245 personal records from regimen users, telling specifically how the regimen worked for them. (That’s 20.4 dozen records.)

I’ve had more submissions than that, but I toss out those from people who failed to use all of the regimen, or were taking other treatments.

Presently, 215 have stated that they’ve gained substantial or complete symptomatic relief, with 29 diligent users stating that the regimen simply failed for them. That’s an attributed 88.1% success rate.

So, has the regimen brought relief to “hundreds” or even “thousands?” I’d have to think, hundreds, at least, inasmuch as only a fraction of those who try the regimen take the time to email me and tell me how it works (except, perhaps, for those for whom it failed, who would be a bit more perturbed by the expense and effort that yielded no good result).

But how can I be so sure that the regimen, itself, has brought the reported cases of relief? Because in a good number of cases, and with myself included, people have gotten reported relief, then chose to stop the regimen, whereupon the symptoms came right back. Upon resumption of the regimen, symptoms once again came under control. That’s pretty definitive.

But I make it very clear in my regimen posting (http://www.zoominternet.net/~kcshop/JOH.pdf) that the regimen simply does not work for everyone with Meniere’s (like every other MM therapy). But for many, even most, it really does work, as it has for me, as described in the link.

And yes, I’d be delighted to have the regimen tested in a clinical setting. Wish that it could occur, not for any personal gain, but simply to help folks with this bad disease.

–John of Ohio

8. Irelandman

Irelandman Guest

john, hope you did not take my post up the wrong way. i was just asking the question.personally, your regimen fascinates me. not just the success rate, but the fact that there is a way out of this disease that doctors and the medical community have no interest in. i personally will probably continue with your regimen for life. as i said, no disrespect meant or intended..

9. Irelandman

Irelandman Guest

june,
    no need to "stick up" for joh because i was not having a go at him in the first place. i have the utmost respect for the man and his expertise.
    joh's post of success for "dozens of others" sent alarm bells ringing becasue i previously read that it was hundreds. "dozens of others" comes accross as less as "hundreds of others". no harm in asking a question in a polite manner

10. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

Irelandman,

No, I did not take your query or comments in any negative way whatsoever. They were entirely appropriate and legitimate --- ones that others tend to ponder when considering any portion of my regimen.

I merely took the opportunity to reveal, once again, the basis of my claims of "success." I hope this helps new readers gain an appropriate perspective on my approach to Meniere's, as specifically laid out in the link to the regimen PDF.

My thanks.

--John of Ohio

11. June-

June- New Member

Sorry, I did misinterpret.

12. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

I don't recall Stephen asking for personal donations either. He is a representative of a fundraising campaign trying to find a cause and cure to mm.

I don't ever recall him asking for money for his personal regime either on this board. Stephen has never claimed to have the cure for mm.

13. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

I agree.

The problem is that Stephen has his own regimen. He didn't disclose that up front and only disclosed it when pressed in this thread. That pissed people off and they are now understandably suspicious of him and his connection to the fund. But if he had disclosed up front that he had his own regimen for sale then people would have been suspicious of him and his connection to the fund. A classic case of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

From what I can gather (and I did ask him about this in this thread) he has his own regimen for sale. Separate to that he raises money for the fund which is a not for profit group and the fund is conducting trials. There is no charge at all to participate in the trial. I have seen nothing to suggest that those trials are into Stephen's personal regimen.

I would suggest that if anyone has any evidence to the contrary or even concerns they should contact the fund directly. Stephen himself has suggested that repeatedly.

14. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Bulldogs, you posted that you wrote checks to Stephen totaling $6,000. Do you know exactly how that money is/was used?

15. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Cheques to Stephen Spring or the fund? Big difference.

16. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

My checks were written to the mdrf at the University of Sydney.

I had no idea stephen was involved in research and developing his own regime. I don't think Stephen wanted that to get out as well. He was forced to defend himself.

He only represented himself as an employee of the fund. A volunteer position. Non paid!

17. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

third day of L-Lysine....I feel like shit.

18. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

They could be working my friend!

19. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

What is Lisine??

I thought you were getting anti-virals???

20. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

::)