Lemons!!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Rick, May 24, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. carolanne

carolanne Lily

They are really pretty cheap when you figure you get 250, take 2 a day, they last for 125 days! That's 4 months for $22.00.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=OY-7045

2. twinklenani

twinklenani Guest

Well...here's an idea for the books. I brew tao herbs blood pressure tea in the microwave and add 1 teas of all natural lemon juice to it and lots of ice. As far as SPLENDA goes, I can't handle it or asparteme...it makes my ears ring worse than ever. I buy natural, unrefined sugar and add a little to it. If this makes me fat...so be it. My body just seems to handle natural foods better than the artificial ones. Blessings, twinkle

3. EARINGER

EARINGER Pug-lover /M-C mechanic/carpenter/E-Bayer

Yes , ALL HAIL CEASAR & THE LEMON !!! Tonight I am sauteing scallops in olive oil with basil & grated LEMON peel/ with a Ceasar salad with olive oil/vineagar & LEMON juice / To drink ? LEMONade..... Bon Appetite !!! ;D ;D ;D -- Eric

4. Rick

Rick New Member

...You might want to try granulated fructose (I got mine at Krogers). It has the same calories / gram as table sugar but it's twice as sweet so only half as much is needed. It's also very low on the glycemic index.
    Rick

5. carolanne

carolanne Lily

Earinger - that dinner sounds awesome - my mouth is watering mmmmmmmm.
    Also, how about agave nectar for sweetener? Also low on the GI, right Rick?

6. EARINGER

EARINGER Pug-lover /M-C mechanic/carpenter/E-Bayer

Hi Carolanne ; Fly on down to Oklahoma , and I"ll set out another plate ( I don"t think my wife will care ! LOL ) I forgot how much I loved LEMONS , so when I got this lemon of an illness last year , I decided to make LEMONADE ! I am also diabetic , but can"t stand aspartame or Splenda , so like Rick said , I use Estee brand fructose . Still never tried Agave nectar---Eric ;D ;D ;D

7. Rick

Rick New Member

...Agave syrup consists primarily of fructose and glucose. One source[3] gives 92% fructose and 8% glucose; another[4] gives 56% fructose and 20% glucose. These differences presumably reflect variation from one vendor of agave syrup to another.

As a sweetener, Agave syrup is notable in that its glycemic index and glycemic load are apparently lower than most if not all other natural sweeteners on the market [5].

...Sounds good to me,
    Rick

8. Titus

Titus New Member

Hi Rick,
    I haven't read the whole thread so I'm sorry if I repeated somethings. Lemon water is a natural diaretic and I've found that I lose the bloat from my medication when I faithfully drink my lemon water. I squeeze a half lemon in about 16 ounces of water, twice a day. If sweetner is required, my first recommendation is Stevia. It is natural (unlike Splenda and other artificial sweetners). Warning: even though Splenda is derived from sugar, it is NOT natural and some people get reactions from it (I'm one of them). I always use organic lemons and use the zest to make tea or to add flavor to baked goodies.

9. Rick

Rick New Member

Hi Kim,
    ...Where have you been hiding? Thanks for posting. I can't remember if this was talked about or not, so it's good that you posted. Lemons seem to be a good medicine.
    Rick

10. vertigo247

vertigo247 One cannot think crooked and walk straight.

Wow, lemons! I guess the saying, 'When given lemons, make lemonade' really rings true for us haha! I'm to the point where I'll try anything to get this mess under control to any degree, so I'll definitely be stocking up on the lemons at my next grocery trip.

As for breathing having an effect on MM, I truly believe it does. I notice that when I don't stay consistent with my allergy meds (nasal spray and pills), it's much harder for me to breath and the attacks come on stronger than ever. I don't know how or why, but there definitely seems to be a connection.

Thanks so much for the post!!

11. edie814

edie814 New Member

thanks rick I will try i know the lemon bioflavinoids helps a bit so I will try the lemons I just cannot get rid of it this time last time it went away for 3 years but I am at an extreme level of stress at this time and I think that also effects it a lot I ll let you know

edie

12. Moogs

Moogs New Member

Carolann,

Thank you for that link .... i am not even going to go into how expensive I found them down here. You have made me a happy camper!

Sooooo does anyone have a nice cheap SERC link?

XX
    OO

13. ToniG

ToniG Guest

Where are the lemon people?

14. songbird

songbird New Member

My homeopath told me to drink water mixed with the juice of 1/2 a lemon every morning, on an empty stomach, and wait 10 minutes before eating anything else.

I did find it helped my tinnitus, fullness and my digestion! She says it's a good cleaner for the liver. Sounds good to me!

Songbird.

15. kay

kay New Member

Lemons also take the soreness out of an ingrown toe nail.