Lemons!!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Rick, May 24, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Rick

Rick New Member

Your welcome,
    Rick

2. DJdizzy

DJdizzy New Member

Headache cures and remedies
    Natural Headache Cure using Lemon
    There are several natural remedies for various types or headaches. The juice of three or four slices of lemon should be squeezed in a cup of tea and taken by the patient for treating this condition. It gives immediate relief. The crust of lemon, which is generally thrown away, has been found useful in headaches caused by heat. Lemon crusts should be pounded into a fine paste in a mortar and applied as plaster on the forehead. Applying the yellow, freshly pared-off rind of a lemon to each temple will also give relief.

http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/remedy/Headaches.html

3. deadeye

deadeye New Member

i keep alot of lemon flavoraid packets in my pick up during the day. mix some of the contents with water. am allergic to sugar so i just mix it with water and drink it all the time. never thought about it helping with anything! main ingredient is citric or fumaric acid. is that the same thing?

4. joy

joy New Member

I'm not sure the lemon flavoraid packets would have the same benefit. I've filled up big gulps of "lemonade" only to see later that the drink "contains no juice". I've been buying lemon juice by the quart & mixing it with water & a couple packets of Splenda...drinking that every morning. My vertigo has definitely been less frequent since I started the lemon juice.
    I've noticed lemon juice also comes in little bitty packets - like the size of ketchup packets. They would be more convenient to carry around, but I don't know where to buy them or if they'd be stable temperature-wise. Might boil away if you left 'em in your pick-up in the summer time :)

5. DJdizzy

DJdizzy New Member

which symptoms do the lemons help???

6. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

Please read this before you ingest anymore of that poison "SPLENDA"

http://www.quick-weightloss-solutions.com/dangers-of-splenda.html

7. america57

america57 New Member

Ok, so I have been squeezing two fresh lemons every day for 6 weeks and drinking the juice. I have an on-line journal on my Weight Watchers site where I note how bad the tinnitus has been that day. It seems that I have had many days where the tinnitus has quieted down quit a bit, so I think it might be working....but, I am also taking lemon biflaviniod now too, so which one is working?

I am turning 50 on September 11th, who would like to give me a lemon juicer for my birthday? (hint, hint) ;D

8. twinklenani

twinklenani Guest

Hmmmm...I love lemons....tried the lemon water twice a day for a month...no change. Also, Splenda is a unatural substance and I try to stay away from anything that my body will not absorb...such as aspartme, msg, etc. I have always done this, just because it made sense to me that my body needs natural ingredients and if a teaspoon of "natural unrefined sugar" or a pat of unsalted butter makes me fat...then so be it! Blessings, twinkle

9. steve-uk

steve-uk New Member

i've been using the nature's life lemon bioflavonoids for three months and so far i'm a convert.

to supplement the 2 x 1000mg tablets i've introduced lemon zest into everyday cooking (always unwaxed organic)
    simple things like near fully boiling broccoli then tossing into olive oil and adding finely chopped zest and garlic or stuffing quartered lemons into a chicken cavity before roasting - the roasting makes the lemons far more palatable.

i was interested to try and find out the concentration of flavonoid in fresh lemons. according to this website to get 1000mg of flavonoid requires either 770 grams of lemon or 770 grams of processed peel (i'm undecided which way to interpret it)

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=2286055

:)

10. jody

jody New Member

When I wrote to you all @3 weeks ago (should I go to the ER ), I read some articles that was posted here to see if I could do anything in the meantime to help the episodes that I was having severly everyday. I came across the post about lemons. I started using fresh real lemons in my water everyday. It seems to be helping some. I don't have hardly any nausea and I flushed out some toxin in my body. I still have the dizziness, ringing in the ears and fatigue. But not as severe. I don't know if the lemon helped or what, but i still drink 6-8 glasses a day. I wanted to find something, anything to help what I was going thru until I can go and see a ENT. Just to update you all, I was able to get a appointment on the 25th of October instead of Febuary,2008.But I feel that they have helped me.

Jody

11. tm53

tm53 New Member

Went to GNC and to Wild Oats to find lemon bioflavonoids. Thought I'd give them a try. The guy at GNC had no idea what I was talking about.

Wild Oats had a Bioflavonoid blend, Lemon but other stuff too..

Any other ideas? I'd prefer to find it in a local store if possible.

Thanks is advance!

Somehow flavonoid sound like a Jerry Lewis made up word to me ;D

Tom

12. sparrow

sparrow Guest

I found taking a whole organic lemon, pulverizing it in a blender and adding it to my protein shake in the morning gave me the best direct access to the bioflavinoids without taking it via pill form.

However, it was short lived due to my migraines, which was a hugh disappointment.

Sparrow

13. Julie

Julie New Member

I share your frustration, Sparrow....treating the mirgraines with vasco restrictors (sp) seems to counter-act treatments for mm....vasco dilators. That's why Serc didn't work for me....excrutiating migranes. I have to wonder if treatment for the migraines all these years help contribute to ear damage. I am still trying to drink my water with lemon...see if I can tolerate that small amount.

Julie

14. carolanne

carolanne Lily

tm - do you have a Vitamin Shoppe nearby? They have local stores as well as the online store. They carry or will order the lemon bios for you.

15. annegina

annegina New Member

I have never had the pressure I once had since about 2 month after starting the lemon bios.
    I'm a convert. My hearing stabilized too and am keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way.
    I use John of Ohio's recommendations in regard to the lemon bios. Right now I am using the Nature's Life from the Vitamin Shoppe.
    As John has said, they are inexpensive and for me they work.

Carol

16. sparrow

sparrow Guest

Good luck Julie. I have found any citrus or citric acid will provoke a migraine aura within minutes of injesting it. Everything has citric acid in it, it seems.

Sparrow :D

17. deadeye

deadeye New Member

guys as far as just treating the ringing in the ears do you recommend the lemon biflovonoids? and lemon juice? thanks deadeye do they help with fullness?

18. tm53

tm53 New Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tm - do you have a Vitamin Shoppe nearby? They have local stores as well as the online store. They carry or will order the lemon bios for you.

Thanks Carolanne! As it turns out there is one not to far from me, heading there this afternoon God willing. This PPV is getting a bit irritating. Went spinning last night for the first time in a LONG time. My own fault, full ears, not enough sleep and a little wine. Duh.

Doc is calling in a Prednisone taper for me today hopefully. He knows my routine and it's October so, well, here I am.

19. carolanne

carolanne Lily

good luck! ;D

20. Moogs

Moogs New Member

Hi,
    Those lemon bioflavinoids are expensive. But, without any scientific evidence at all my body has been craving lemons ... so I have been on lots of them for weeks. I suspect the peel is also beneficial ... again I have no evidence this is all hokus pokus but wth. In general, I love nice clean data but on the other hand I listen to my body. Tired - go to sleep, hungry - eat... oh yeah there was an oldie song like that. :)

I have been making all kinds of lemon stuff. The peel shaved up is what I am using instead of salt on a lot of things.

XX
    OO
    Moogs