Lemons!!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Rick, May 24, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Rick

Rick New Member

...I just wanted to remind everyone that there have been members of this board that were helped tremendously by adding one or two lemons to their diet on a daily basis.
    ...The person I distinctly remember was a person who's screen name was "two dogs walking".I think she tried everything that everyone mentioned on this board including John's regimine, the Glycemic index, and an elimination diet looking for food allergies. Nothing worked and I mentioned once that I had found help with lemons before I found the Glycemic index and that they helped quite a bit. I used to drink quite a bit of lemonade.
    ....Anyway, she tried them and it turned her life around. She claimed that all her symptoms went away and I have no reason not to believe her but the effect wasn't so pronounced in my case. Several others tried the lemons and also had success but alas, they have all gone now and have only me to tell their story.
    ...Most of the old timers remember and probably have tried the lemons but theres a lot of new names and thought I would mention it again.
    Rick

2. Mya46

Mya46 Knowledge is POWER!

Hi Rick

I'm trying lemons now so i'll keep you posted! ;)

Mya

3. joy

joy New Member

Okay...lemons. Lemon pie...lemon pudding...lemonade...lemon custard...lemon jello...lemonlemonlemon...(can you tell I'm in a bit of a fog right now?)

4. dmac

dmac my sweet Holly

:eek: ;D Do you actually EAT the lemons? That would tear me to shreds! Or can I just juice them?

5. Erosangel

Erosangel New Member

Lemon is my favorite! :eek:) Love to make fresh lemon pie filling. Make it with Splenda and it's not so high in the fat area! :eek:)

6. lillyrose

lillyrose Life is short live it not diet.

I am going to give it a try...never heard of this one.

lillyrose

7. DJdizzy

DJdizzy New Member

watch out for the splena - that has aspartame - a big no no for most of us!!!!!

does the processed lemon in the bottle from the grocery store work too? or does it have to be natural lemon?

8. Mya46

Mya46 Knowledge is POWER!

I buy natural lemons, cut and squeeze them into water or seltza water and put rind in glass. Then next glass I leave old one in there and add another. Keep on going (was lemons first). ;) And I ALWAYs order seltza and lemon when out, nothing else.

mya

9. gtrvox

gtrvox our pooch Hugo

Man, I've been a lemon freak all my life...with the exception of periods when my digestion goes south. I used to live in Israel and Israel being a Mediterranean country is heavily into lemon and olive oil. Lemon dressing (never vinegar), lemonade, lemon on your avocado, lemon in your drinks, on your aspargus and your artichoke (yum!) If lemon is helpful for hydrops, I should be in good shape

George

10. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

Interesting that she tried John's regimen without success and yet the lemons helped - wonder what's so different about the lemons vs. lemon bioflavonoids?

I've been trying the lemon bio's for about 1 1/2 mths now and I'm pretty sure they're helping. I can now hear much better in my left ear.

Amethyst

11. Erosangel

Erosangel New Member

Actually Splenda does not have asperatame in it. My doctor recomends it because of that fact.

12. Rick

Rick New Member

..I did the lemonade thing
    Rick

13. Rick

Rick New Member

..I used the lemon juice in a bottle to make my lemonade. But "Two Dogs walking" used fresh lemons.
    Rick

14. Rick

Rick New Member

...I agree, especially since the Glycemic index didn't help either as lemons also lower the GI of any food they're eaten with. So I thought one or the other would have helped. I just chalked this up to one of the weird ones that help without an explanation. But lemons and apple cider vinegar are old remedies and I eat quite a few dill pickles that have helped on occasion.
    Rick

15. eedad1

eedad1 New Member

I have had fewer issues since I started eating 1-2 oranges each day (lunch & dinner). I think it is citrus that is helpful. When I was 1st dx'd I ate grapefruit and drink grapefruit juice everyday for its diuretic effect. This worked very well. My 2 cents.

16. saltlesstears

saltlesstears New Member

Lemons...I use alot. It is also the PEEL that is important. I cut up some (organic) lemons in thin slices and cook in an applesauce. You can also buy a 'lemon zester' (like a little grater) and put the lemon zest into a lot of stuff. I buy organic as I don't want to ingest all those pesticides from the peels. I LOVE lemonade or lemon with seltzer too and HOT lemon, grated ginger and honey in the winter.

If one of you makes a lemon merenge pie please PM me a slice!

17. joy

joy New Member

I suppose there are specific physiological reasons why something like "STRESS" affects Meniere's, but it amazes me. My point is just because we don't understand how something causes (or prevents) our problem, doesn't mean it won't work. You'll get no 'boo' from me. I wish you every success and relief. PLEASE share your opinions on how this goes - even if it's through a PM (although I wouldn't let a few rude dudes scare me off if I were you).

18. peggoins

peggoins Stop the world from spinning!!

;D hi all,
    well if someone needs a taste tester for all the pies and such,, hey call me lol ;D

19. twinklenani

twinklenani Guest

Interesting...I will try lemons...I have nothing to lose! Thanks. "twinkle"