lemon bioflavonoids

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by daisycow, Oct 8, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. daisycow

daisycow Moo to you, too.

Hi All

Does anyone know a British equivalent of lemon bioflavonoids? The only thing I can find here are the citrus ones, rather than lemon, and I believe they're not as effective. I got some mail-order from the Vitamin Shoppe in America and they're great but, with postage and duty, frighteningly expensive!

Thanks

Liz.

2. LAnn33

LAnn33 New Member

citrus should still have lemon in them as well, just not totally lemon. i took lipobioflavnoids and they did help. i think they will help anyway!

3. steve-uk

steve-uk New Member

daisy,

any luck finding a british alternative ? i'm in the same position as you..... i ordered, through the vitaminshoppe.com, the full regimen and am now thinking about my next stocking up order - however would like to avoid the international freight and duty charges.
    steve

4. steve-uk

steve-uk New Member

lemon bioflavonoids for the UK

might have answered my own question (thanks to mylo from another thread). i've found this product:

https://www.yourhealthfoodstore.co.uk/details.php/p3755_natures_plus_bioflavonoids_1000.html

seems to be 24% active as against nature's life 50% active component.

5. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

That's too bad that the freight and duty charges are so high - I hope the site you just found works out. If I may ask, how much do you pay for shipping and duty charges?

Here in Canada I can't seem to find Lemon Bioflavonoids in stores either (Lipoflavonoids available at $40/mth). I've just finished ordering online for a second time - I bough two bottles of 250 caplets (4 mth supply in each bottle) from an American site for $60 usd total, including shipping. The shipping is $20 and I can't remember if I have to pay duty on it or not. If so it'll be about $10. So all charges included my 8 mth cost should come to about $80 or $10/month. That's a lot better than settling for store bought lipoflavonoids.

I hope you find a solution for buying the flavonoids. Good luck.

Amethyst

6. Goomeri Spinner

Goomeri Spinner New Member

G'day Daisycow and Steve....and all you poms ;D ;D ;D

We have the same problem downunder in that Lemon bois are not available...I can't afford to have them shipped in so started to use whole lemons instead...the lemon bios come from the rind of the lemon. I eat one lemon a day (including the rind).

I juice the lemon, pulp and all and add the rind (grated finely) and use it in my cooking or like a cordial...just add some to water. I also juice an orange and use both together like a cordial (the orange is for my potassium...plus the orange takes a bit of the lemon tartness away)

I love lemons so it isn't a problem for me and the past few months I have been doing it religiously (the bush lemons have been in season....yummo) and I have to say I have begun to notice a difference in the tinnitus and ear pressure, they are definitely better than they have been for the past year...not sure if it is all attributed to the lemons as I also started a different diuretic at the same time but I intend to continue using a daily lemon cause they taste good ;D ;D and won't harm.

I'm too sacred to stop the diuretics just in case ::) but intend to try the natural ones soon and see if they work...just have to work up the courage cause if the pressure comes back as bad as it was I will be getting the ice pick out again :eek: ;D ;D

Hope this helps

Maggie

7. steve-uk

steve-uk New Member

amethyst,

via the vitaminshoppe then the 7lb package (with other supplements) shipped to the UK in delivery charges came to $58 with an import duty on top of $61 - $119 in total. when you think that 250 1000mg tablets cost $21.49 it's pretty steep.

:eek:

8. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

YIKES!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: