Last night's dream

Discussion in 'Your Writer's Den' started by thornapple, Aug 10, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. thornapple

thornapple New Member

After the terrifying thunder storm, I fell asleep and dreamed.

I dreamed my daughter's cat, who she left here when she went to college, had been lost by my daughter somewhere near the university, and she was too "busy" to go find her. She had many excuses. this was a dream, and I don't think my daughter would have done this. But in the dream, the orange kitty was lost. and nobody had looked for her.

So I went in my dream and I found her. I FOUND her. And I woke up, and found her again. On my bed, under the covers, with her head on my pillow. Right where she belongs. The Queen of the Universe.

In the waking world, when my daughter came home from college years ago and said, "I have my own apartment and I have come for my kitty!" I said, "You don't have a kitty. This is MY kitty." and she said noooo, this kitty is mine. and I said no, that is my kitty. and she said noooooooo this is MY kitty.

and my husband said, "That. is. not. your. kitty." and she said, "oh."

Because this kitty had become mine. Forever. We cannot be parted.

So tonight, I fed her shrimp, and she sang about it. She sang warbling songs, "This shrimp is so delicious, prrrrrrrt". "I love eating shrimp." "I LIke my shrimp fresh, like these." "Why don't you come to bed?"

No, I am not dreaming. I will go to bed, and she will come to me, and tell me to pull down the covers so she can sleep with her head on my shoulder. Shrimp-scented, dreaming.

=^..^=

2. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

damn, I wish I could paint!

3. burd

burd New Member

Blessed kitty.
    Blessed kitty's human.

4. Seadog

Seadog Ambidextrous dumb-ass with out coffee

Lucky girl

Lucky cat

Assertive husband

Chastised child

dead shrimp

good story

5. thornapple

thornapple New Member

6. thornapple

thornapple New Member

[​IMG]

this kitty.

7. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

SHRIMP-SCENTED DREAMS

One day Queen of the Universe sent me into the woods to take pictures of the new colors of late spring. Greens emerged from the soil, and pinks and yellows blossomed before me. A hawk was circling overhead and I soon learned why. I came upon a cat, a calico cat. She was hungry and emaciated. The cat had just given birth; but her babies were gone. ‘Victims of the hawk,’ I thought. The hawk had his eager eye on the calico cat.

I made my way to a nearby road and called to the cat “Follow me.” She swayed as she approached; the sickly gait of one whose life is winding down. “Quickly, if you can, my dear,” I said. “The hawk is thinking of having you for dinner.”

Calico Cat had little strength left, but she was determined to follow me. She didn’t wish to die in the woods alone, no grave to mark her existence, food for a hawk. She wanted to leave this world from a place where love resides. So she followed me home.

I fed Calico Cat fresh shrimp and love, and she said, “Thank you. More please.” And she sang “purrrrr. purrrrr” as I stroked her sleek coat.

Queen of the Universe whispered, “I sent you into the woods on this beautiful day in June, so that you would find Calico Cat. Soon, I will leave this world and you will feel sad. You will need a cuddle kitty. Calico Cat will need a cuddle mommy. Calico Cat is a good cuddle kitty and you are the best cuddle mommy. Listen to the song of Calico Cat. She sings our love song.”

And Calico Cat sang, “purrrrrr. purrrrrr.”

Then Queen of the Universe said to the cat, “On this day in June, as I hear your song, I think I shall name you Junipurr.”

My home and my heart were filled to the brim with cats and grief. I had no room for Junipurr then. So my daughter took Junipurr to live with her awhile.

“You may watch over Junipurr until my home and my heart have room for her.”
    “She will be my cat!” said my daughter.
    “No! Junipurr is MY cat. She will be mine forever!” I said with conviction.
    “No. JuniPurr will be my cat. And that is that,” my daughter said.
    Then my husband said, “THAT. Cat. Is Not. Your. Cat!”
    And then my daughter said, “Oh.”

Soon enough, too soon, after 21 years of sharing my soul, Queen of the Universe whispered “Thank you. Goodbye.” And on that dreary, bleak, sunny day, the Queen of the Universe drew in and then exhaled that final long sighing breath. “Don’t cryyyyyyyyy.” Her breath said. “Love never diiiiiiiiies.” And then I heard the rustling of tiny feline angel wings.

After many days, when my home and my heart had room, Junipurr returned to where love resides. I fed her fresh shrimp and stroked her coat, and she sang about it. She sang warbling songs, “This shrimp is so delicious, purrrrr. purrrrrr. I love eating shrimp.” Then I took pictures of Junipurr hiding in a bag and then hiding in a box, and then hiding under a blanket. Then I took pictures of her resting in a basket; her throne.

When I took the last picture of the day, I said, “Why don’t you come to bed, Junipurr?”

‘I will go to bed,” she said. Then she came to me and told me to pull down the covers so she could sleep with her head on my shoulder. We slept and dreamed of fresh shrimp, bags, boxes, blankets, and baskets.

Then, I heard the rustling of tiny feline angel wings and Queen of the Universe said, “pull down the covers so I can sleep with my head on your shoulder, too.”

And I said, “Of course. Always.”

So I did, and so she did. Then Junipurr, Queen of the Universe, and I, fell into a peaceful slumber and dreamt our shrimp-scented dreams.

=^..^= =^..^=

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I've been touched by an Angel,,,

I saw her wings wrapped around you,

Gently keeping you, until you were ready for a new £ove.

€ats are Amazing creatures, but then, aren't they all.

Happy New Years Eve, Happy New year, with £ove, Jo¥, & Affection!

:), Purrrrrrrrrr.... ;)

9. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

My entry was meant to be a companion piece to Thornie's original post here. Hers was the tale of how Orange Kitty (Queen of the Universe) came into her life. Mine was the story of how Junipurr came to her. Though the details are not completely accurate and I did use some poetic license, I hope that in this first person narrative, I captured the essence of Thornie's caring heart and of the relationship she had with Orange Kitty and the one she now has with Junipurr.

Thanks, Thornie, for loving the Little Things. :)

10. thornapple

thornapple New Member

Orange kitty is gone. 21 years.

Glad Junipurr got here. She was very determined to be my kitty. I want to make her a viral video on youtube.

11. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

That picture is just fabulous! What a beautiful child. You are blessed, thornapple.

12. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member