Kansas City, MO Menieres Get Together-- November 17th - 19th

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by NurseMom, Sep 28, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Moe

Moe New Member

Weird....

[​IMG]

I mean WEIRD.

[​IMG]

That's all for now

2. Moe

Moe New Member

Ok two more, and that's all from my end.

Here's one for some comic relief:

[​IMG]

A picture is worth a thousand words, people reckon. The loving couple that cherish each other are happy together, and it doesn't get any better than this:

[​IMG]

It was also nice for a couple other hubbies to come to the gathering and be there for their spouses.

In closing, this was my very first trip on a plane flight by myself, renting a car by myself, and having a hotel room by myself. And it was a great occasion to do that. It wasn't hard to do; it was just....new.

3. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Thanks for the great pics, Moe...and congratulations on all your "firsts"!!!

4. Moe

Moe New Member

You're welcome, and thanks!

5. Sami

Sami New Member

Great pictures, Moe! Thanks for posting so that we can all enjoy. Glad your trip turned out so well for you on your first meeting.....

To Linda,
    Sorry you got sick on the plane.....hope you are feeling better..... :-*

Best Regards to all.....
    Sami..... :)

6. NurseMom

NurseMom New Member

---------

7. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Glad ("ya'll") you guys (I must get back to Yank tawkin ;D) had a great time!! The pictures are ALL great but I have to say...I'm a little jealous over the hot tub picture!! It looks like the perfect temperature to me!! Couldn't somebody have pushed Steve in? I would have paid to see THAT picture!! LOL!! (only kidding!)

Linda...so sorry you got food poisoning...I had it two weekends ago and its not fun! Hope you are feeling better!!

Glad everyone is home safe.

8. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

moe - if you pass it along - someone please edit the transcript - i was cantankerous at times and well added some of my wording - haha

9. NurseMom

NurseMom New Member

Yeah, yeah- dear one.... at least you were doing it silently! I'm the one that busted out laughing and got told that I was "out of order"!!

Somehow- I think there is no going back to school for me!-- I have a feeling those report cards would say talks too much in class. I imagine there would be several trips to the principals office. Good thing I got through school when I was still shy and the teachers pet!

Oh- and for those who have asked what is on my head in the pic that Moe took. Moe had an amplification device there that I tried out. It really did amplify sounds and helped me to hear but yet it also increased the distortion and still made hearing exact words difficult (I'm sure that will be a role in the usage of hearing aids for me too). And I know a few of you were a little surprised at the change in my ability to hear. There has been a significant decrease in my level of hearing since the last get togethers and as far as conversations go- I am functionally deaf in the left ear.... but it's ok- I just have to talk to you when you are on my right side or turn to face you. Life does go on and I enjoyed socializing with each of you!!!

10. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

I think that Dianna may be "back"!!![​IMG]

11. Moe

Moe New Member

I found it Aladdin, it's under the history tab. For those who were added onto skype, see if the transcript shows up. Linda were you able to find yours? You might have a "one new event" notice or it might show up in the history tab.

If I were to send the transcript to anyone, I can send the transcript to Aladdin first and have her just remove what she considers cantankerous.

Big sis, keep in mind that the amplification device is more or less like an analog hearing aid, where it amplifies everything. Be rest assured that if you get a digital aid, it will be programmed to fit your particular level of hearing loss at the basic frequency ranges and what not. I don't think that would address the recruitment issue--but those aids have things like noise reduction and compression to soften uncomfortable sounds, and what not so every little bit helps. I still think it would be worthwhile to try the hearing aids, Di.

12. Moe

Moe New Member

anybody second that NOTION?

13. Moe

Moe New Member

I would have swam in that pool if I was healthy enough. I was still getting over my cold and I felt that doing that would have repercussions on my immune system. I'm feeling better actually, and the not-so-dry environment helps. Man that hotel room was ever so dry. Each time I touched metal there was grand static electricity shock. I had a hard time singing at first today (I kept coughing in the middle of songs) but I'm off until Monday. And today I received great news; one of the employers that I work for (the one I like) is adding one more day to my work schedule. That's just awesome. It will begin after the holidays.

14. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Congratulations, Moe!

15. NurseMom

NurseMom New Member

16. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

I'm still struggling with the afteraffects, but at least I'm not using barf bags :)!

17. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

18. tess

tess New Member

Linda..wow! :( I hope it didn't interfere with your TG holiday plans. I've heard that food poisoning usually hits 2-6 hours after eating, but can take as long as 72 hours to develop symptoms. I doubt I will ever step my piggie toe into Mexico again because of the food poisoning I came back with from Acapulco! :eek: :eek: :eek: I am so sympathizing with that LONG recovery. :p :eek: I hope you're back to normal soon~ :-* :-* :-*