Kansas City, MO Menieres Get Together-- November 17th - 19th

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by NurseMom, Sep 28, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Moe

Moe New Member

This is Moe checking in from the airport. I'm here pretty early but I left early just in case something took longer than expected. Linda, I hope you feel better soon. I too was curious where the food poisoning might have come from because we all basically ate at the same time and same place.

Aladdin--LMFAO!!! I was once on a Lions message board where the trolls would come in and call the Lions Lie-Downs. HAHA but I think I'd rather have fava beans Sunday afternoon than to watch <insert expletive here>

Sherry, I must have missed when you had your carbon monoxide poisoning. Was it this weekend? Well I hope nothing bad happened given the circumstance.

2. Yeah!!! Oakland Lost! (Who cares how?)

3. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

We may have eaten at the same places, but we did not eat the same food dishes. I know it's not the flu because I'm at work today. I'm still feeling weak, but much better than yesterday.

---------------

Moe is right, several of us had a "what the" look on our faces when Steve in Colorado arrived because we didn't know he was planning to be there. I want to thank Steve for his stamina to do these long drives, and especially for this one. He made a huge contribution to the Board Meeting and I am so glad he was there!

4. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

:p :p :p :p :p

I know it doesn't mean much, but they aren't losing by much.

5. Moe

Moe New Member

Denver lost too. :p

6. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

:) :) :) :) :)

7. Don't bring up minor technical details! The week was half-good!

8. Moe

Moe New Member

Hey while I twittle my thumbs furiously waiting for boarding, I'm on skype in case you're interested in chatting with me.

9. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

I'm at work and can't Skype......sorry.

But I posted some info for you about recruitment/hyperacusis. That should keep you busy for a few minutes.

10. tess

tess New Member

Linda......this has not been a good year for you and airports! I am so sorry you got so sick! :( I can't imagine anything worse than being on an airplane with food poisoning!! I'm so glad you're feeling better and are even at work! What an amazing woman you are!! Drink lots of water .....getting rehydrated is the best way to recover from FP!!!!
    HUGS!!!!!! :-* :-* :-* :-*

11. Moe

Moe New Member

Ok thanks linda, I'll have to check that out. Did you by any chance get the skype transcript of the meeting?

Maurizio

12. tess

tess New Member

Hi Moe.....I uninstalled Skype because I never had time to use it! Sorry we can't visit! Have a safe and restful trip home!

13. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

I don't know, Moe. I didn't check my Skype last night because I was so sick and went to bed. I'll check tonight.

14. Moe

Moe New Member

oh ok. Just curious. I'm going to see, just for kicks, if I can retrieve it.

15. Moe

Moe New Member

I have yet another dumbass worthy story to share with you all. I'll go step by step:

1. My camera is on the passenger seat waiting for me to take a picture of the Drury inn.

2. I'm on the road, and I end up taking a picture of the car door. Sorry I deleted it....

3. I put the camera back on the front passenger seat, then I put it between my legs because otherwise I'm probably going to forget it.

4. I get out of my car at the car rental. I shove what I have in my hands (the GPS) into my luggage.

5. I'm waiting at the gate, when I check my pockets and there's no camera. Sheesh, I thought, I better call the car rental company. This is 10 minutes before boarding.

6. They said that they would look for it, and they put me on hold until finally I had to hang up and board the plane.

7. I go home, rip open my luggage, and there is my digital camera that I forgot I shoved into the luggage along with my GPS.

Paul, trust me and I have witnesses to prove that I'm a dumbass. I think I'm giving you a run for your money on your grand dumbass status.

16. Moe

Moe New Member

Translation: I'll be posting pics within the next couple hours.

17. Andrea1962

Andrea1962 New Member

18. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Good article. Thanks, Andrea!

19. Moe

Moe New Member

Wow thanks andrea! My teacher was surprised that I couldn't remember the last session which was a week before, and I didn't know what to say. The next time somebody brings that up, I'll mention what's written in this article. Many thanks,

Maurizio

20. Moe

Moe New Member

Here's downtown Kansas City:

[​IMG]

The view of the airport from my vantage point (in my hotel room):

[​IMG]

Sherry and hubby at Cracker Barrel:

[​IMG]

Linda and I before leaving the hotel:

[​IMG]

More to come in the following posts