Kansas City, MO Menieres Get Together-- November 17th - 19th

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by NurseMom, Sep 28, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Moe

Moe New Member

Steve just popped out of the blue moments before the board meeting began. Kinda funny actually. He just walked right in and a couple people had the "what just happened" look on their face. LOL

On this or another thread when I told you to stay tuned because I said that Dianna was our official.....I had the picture of Dianna compacting the garbage with her boots in mind. So there you have it, she's our official garbage compactor. I guess there is more than one way of interpreting that, and they're all true. She don't take no garbage from nobody. :p ;D

2. Peanut Brittle

Peanut Brittle My Twerple Has My Heart

What fun to see you all enjoying your gathering! Would have seen these photos sooner, but I SLEPT MOST OF THE DAY YESTERDAY! Go figure...

Sounds as though you mixed a lot of fun and good work, and that things are really rocking and rolling! Bravo to you all-- would you be called the "Charter Members?"

CONGRATULATIONS! Wishing everyone safe trips home, and SPECIAL CUDDLES TO BLADE. Can he be the official Menieres Mascot?

Great job, everyone!

MAJOR HUGGAGE,
    Jenski

3. Pluto

Pluto New Member

sorry I missed you Steve. From what I read, we may have very well passed in the parking lot as I was leaving.

4. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

OMG looks like a great time!!!! Steve I'm glad you went! It really is great to meet others on the forum. So much fun and such great folks. Moe, not sure now if we can ever meet. 2 Klutzes in one group? [​IMG] Don't know if they could handle it! LOL

Glad you all had a great time and I wish I'd paid attention cause I have skype but didn't know to get on for the meeting ::)

5. phillyloobird

phillyloobird New Member

I also enjoyed meeting Richard, Moe, and Tracy, and seeing Diana and Linda again. But I sure missed Lynn not being there. Hope she's doing well.

I had a 1 1/2 hour flight and a 5 1/2 drive home - everything went well, except of course my missing a couple exits in Dallas. I'd blame it on the instructions I downloaded from RandMcNalley, but truth is I just plain wasn't paying enough attention.

Anyway, just thought I'd make a quick post and let y'all know I got home ok. I have to head out to church now - we're having Thanksgiving with our Bishop, so I have to be on my best behavior. Yeah, sure. LOL

Meredith

6. TracyInIndy

TracyInIndy Guest

We made it home safe and sound. Wow am I tired. The dang room is still moving! It will take a little time to recover from the 9 hour drive. I'll have to rethink long road trips in the future. I don't (or haven't yet) had that kind of reaction to plane trips so next time I think I'll fly.

I'll try to post our pics later. Tracy

7. TracyInIndy

TracyInIndy Guest

Here is the group picture my hubby got.

Back Row Left: SteveinColorado, Nursemom/Diana's hubby Lon, my hubby Steve, Headnoise/Sherry's hubby Steve (yes there are 3 Steve's in the back row LOL)

Seated Left: phillyloobird/Meredith, Headnoise/Sherry, Nursemom/Diana, TracyInIndy (me!), Linda1002

Seated on floor: Moe.

[​IMG]

8. Peanut Brittle

Peanut Brittle My Twerple Has My Heart

What a FABULOUS bunch you are!

Rest up, all! Thanks for the vicarious adventure. :)

Huggage,
    Jenski

9. NurseMom

NurseMom New Member

Just made it home..... and no I didn't get a speeding ticket... but was graced by a flat tire (go figure!)

I'm exhausted but guys- you were all great. Loved each and every moment. Will post more tomorrow, or maybe later after a nap!

10. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

Great to know y'all got home without incident! Tracy, that is one reason that I didn't make it - 9 to 10 hr drive! Sorry I missed meeting those I haven't met and seeing those I have met. Y'all are great!

[​IMG] Love and Hugs!

11. dizzynana

dizzynana New Member

Tracy--great pic of the group--but was someone choking Steve from Colorado, or was his tie too tight?? I know what you mean about the long drive--We drove to Asheville, NC summer of '05 for a MM meet-up----it was 10+ hours and went thru the mountains with the remnants of hurricaine Cindy--NOT FUN!! But once we got there--it was great to meet all the people with the same problem. I cherish each and every one of these meet-ups. Glad you got to go.

Hugs

Lynn ;)

12. Moe

Moe New Member

...and I'm still here at my hotel :) I am officially done with everything. If I wake up early enough tomorrow and if I go to bed and get enough sleep and figure out where I might want to go sight seeing, I might just do that.

On a side note, Kansas City beat Oakland 17-13. And the Lions did lose, Linda. LOL. It was like 17-10. Every team gets back on track when they play against the Lions. :s

I took a couple pictures of the downtown KC area and then the mirrorS and the camera sparked my curiosity again. All you need to know about me is communicated by that picture. I'll post a few when I get back.

I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon and will let you know when I get back!

13. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Reporting in a little late. Turns out I had food poisoning and was sick on the plane all the way home. It's the first time I have ever used those barf bags.....and I used a lot of them :eek:. I also got to meet the Captains of both my flights :D -- and both crews. They were all wonderful to me :). I even got to ride in a wheelchair - that has never happened before either. Actually, it was fun. As soon as I got home I crashed. I just got up to let you guys know I'm safely home.

Wonderful time and great kickoff meeting!

14. Rachel :)

Rachel :) New Member

Thats terrible Linda, but glad to hear that you made it back ok :)

15. TracyInIndy

TracyInIndy Guest

Oh goodness Linda, I hope you feel better soon!

Sounds like I'm not the only one long car trips bother. We are planning one for next fall. I'll have to make sure we don't try to go too far on any one day. So for those of you that are bothered by long trips do you have any idea where the break point is? Can you do 4 hours with no problem?

Hugs, Tracy

16. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

xoxox

moe: i feel your pain moe from one lion fan to another - i'll cheer you up and send you a can of fava beans = haha

17. phillyloobird

phillyloobird New Member

My gosh, Linda. That must have been pretty awful. Hope you're feeling better.

I had a pretty long drive home yesterday and then had to go to church. When I got home from church I vegetated until bedtime. It was one LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG day.

Anyway, I'm going to go get my kitties out of the vet. I'll get the cold shoulder from them for a while, (they hate the vet), but they'll be ok. I just miss my babies!

Meredith

18. Dixie Chick

Dixie Chick New Member

Looks like you all had a great time.
    Like the pictures.

19. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Where'd you get the food poisoning Linda - Cracker Barrel, Drury????? Sorry you were sick! :p
    Between your food poisioning and my carbon monoxide poisoniing, we are a dangerous group.

It was good to have a bunch people join us on Skype - we were international in our meeting. I will post info about our meeting later when my brain returns from the "FRIED" setting.

Notice all those Chief's buttons. They brought up good luck, beating those nasty Oakland Raiders. Gloat, gloat! Dianna edited out the picture of her wearing the Chiefs button - I told her if she wore the Raider shirt and the Chiefs button, she couldn't LOSE!!! :D

20. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

OMG! Linda, you truly ARE the Travel Warrior!!!!

Hope you are better now....

xoxoxoxo
    deercharmer