Just started Topamax last night

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by GinaMc, Feb 8, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. shelly3257

shelly3257 New Member

Gina, fast food has MSG in it. I just found that out not too long ago. I eat it very rarely and when I do I get very off balance that night.

2. sparrow

sparrow Guest

Gina ~ today is day 8 :D How's is going for you ???

Sparrow :D

3. GinaMc

GinaMc Me and my friend Sally :)

Hello... day 9.. I should really start a new thread! lol Well.. so far so good and only on 25 mgs of topamax a day... the headaches are much much better and (knock on wood) so are the dizzies and off balance feeling... wow.. I can't believe I just said that.. I am SO scared to jinx it so I do not want to go on about it but I have not been as off balance as usual for the past 3 days now... god help me... that's all I am going to say for now. Please please say a prayer that this may give me some relief. thanks.
    Gina

4. shelly3257

shelly3257 New Member

Gina, I'm happy to hear your news. It gives me the courage to try my medicine!
    Have you ever had periods like this where you don't feel as off? I really hope it's the medicine and it keeps working and working!
    I have found a TON of relief this week by following the migraine diet (or mostly following it lol). I have been feeling pretty good!

5. GinaMc

GinaMc Me and my friend Sally :)

Yes Shelly I have had periods of time that have gone by that i have done "ok" and then I go back to where I was but that was before all this started 12/22/07 when they thought i had bppv... i've pretty much since then been pretty off balance and dizzy every day, i'd have a day here and there but never never two let alone three days in a row even with doing all those epley's so that is why they are thinking my positional vertigo is not only bppv but also MAV and decided to try the topamax... keeping fingers crossed.
    I am happy to hear you are doing better too... yeahh for both of us! Again.. I am so afraid to even celbrate it as I am worried I will jinx it.. so I won't say anymore.. I will just keep checking in with you each day and keep you posted, please do the same. thanks for the encouragement and I say... try the med. :)
    Gina

6. sparrow

sparrow Guest

(((((( Gina hugs )))))) WOW, soo glad to hear that you are doing soo well on this new medication :D :D
    Have been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers !!!

Sparrow :D