Just drank a half bottle of wine. I am a 54 year old Mom, I never do this!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by page66, Oct 4, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. page66

page66 New Member

Hi,
    I just cannot take this anymore. The pressure in my ears is so bad, and the anxiety even worse. I jumped up in the middle of the night, tense and stressed out. I keep trying, nothing works. Prednisone used to bring relief, does not bring much now. My doctor told me to go on 60 mg. for 10 days, then go down to 10 mg. I don't know if it was the quick withdrawal that made me so anxious, or just the feeling of "where do I go from here?" I am tired, worn out. I hate feeling like I am not really in this world. The wine didn't make me better, but it took away the anxiety.
    I admire all of you for handling this so well. There are times I just can't.
    Just venting.
    Love you all,
    Page

2. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Hi Page -

I admire you for reaching out and saying how you feel. I hope some days are better and you will have more of the better days!

3. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

Page, you did well to post. Thank you. Sometimes just doing that helps me to feel a little bit better. May tomorrow hold something special for you.
    Paul

4. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

page,

I feel the same way sometimes. I throw it all out the window and have a cig. The next day I start all over, sometimes we just need to do what we need to. (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))

5. blessed

blessed New Member

If I thought it would help, I would run out to the liquor store right now and I haven't touched alcohol in three years.

Hang in there. I feel the same way sometimes, as a matter of fact I have had a terrible day. We just have to try and remember that things could always be worse.

6. thornapple

thornapple New Member

I'm right there with you.....there are a lot of rope ends around here lately and we are all hanging on them. Maybe we should braid them together and make a hammock.

7. tucker

tucker The Meniere's DVD Guy!

Page

I have had 4 beers 2 martini.....because I can't take it anymore for the nite...dizzy, my frigin wrist hurts like from my broken wrist.....from a drop attack

I am tired, ..................... of my body being in control of me!

I understand, when will they fix us

Tuck

8. Wobbles

Wobbles Storm (April 15, 1992 - November 17, 2006)

Whew! I thought you were going to say that you just became a mom at 54 and needed a drink or two. I would have thought so. :D

I like Thornapple's idea of braiding our frayed ropes together and making a hammock. I'd like it to be in Hawaii.

Hope you start to feel better real soon,

Joe

9. jrw

jrw New Member

You should have another talk with your doc about the meds. A lot of us use diuretics to reduce the pressure. And xanax or valium to ease the stress just a bit. You might also seriously consider finding someone to talk to about this - I found a therapist who specialize in people with chronic diseases and she had her master's so it didn't cost an arm and a leg like with a PhD. She interceded with my doc, too, on a couple of occasions. Anyway, trying to find a drug regimen or method to help you can take a while, but you should be able to make progress on this. Keep nibbling away at the problem. And keep chatting with us.

10. charlesj

charlesj New Member

Hang in there Page. This is a terrible disease but you can cope. It's OK to get PO'd and vent your frustrations. The rest of us are here to give you support. I have gotten more support from this site than anywhere else.

11. Stacey3048

Stacey3048 New Member

Hi Page,

Sometimes we just have to do what we can to make it through from one moment to the next. Don't beat yourself up. Tomorrow is a new day! You are not alone in this!

Stacey

12. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

perfectly put!

13. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

Hang in there Page, you're sure not alone on this one. I'm sure most of us have days like this - I sure know I do. Hopefully it will get easier with time. Good for you for posting.

<<<Hugs>>>

Amethyst

14. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

Hi page,
    I am dizzjo and I am a Menierian. ??? You have taken the first step to support for lifting arms and understanding hearts. This is sort of like belinging to AA - we all struggle with the same thing and we need one another to share the good and the bad, the beautiful and the ugly parts of dealing with the disease.

It's not easy and it's not fun, but it is doable and we endure and we will come out of the refiner's fire as fine crystal and find we are valuable and still able to make a contribution to our family and society - and here the world. We learn to laugh at ourselves, share rants and vents and surprisingly a lot of really great things too.
    Here's your room key!! We hope you will stay around and visit more. We all learn from one another. This is where I came when I thought I had reached the end of my rope. It was nice to know I wasn't traveling this road by myself. I am in a much better place than I was 6 years ago, because of others who helped me along the way and reached out and took me in. Come on in. We help eachother.
    8) 8) :D

15. tamarak

tamarak New Member

yeah...dizzjo said it best! This site has been so helpful for me not only for the support (which there is lots of) but also for the information---waaay more than my ENT ever said.

Tamara

ps check out that stress/anxiety thread, too

16. Erosangel

Erosangel New Member

Hi Page,

You don't know how many times I did that as well. Sometimes I can't handle it, that's when my Dr. put me on Anti-anxiety medication. I take 20mg of Lexapro everyday and most days it works great. I still have about 2 or 3 bad days a month but it used to be everyday was bad. Hang in there and know that you are not alone. God Bless..I'll be praying for you.

17. jabber

jabber New Member

Hi Page, sorry you're having a rough go of it right now, don't know whether it's the season change or what but there seems to be a few of us having bad days right now. Last night I took my bedtime meds at 11 O'clock, Serc, clonazepam and sleeping tablet, was back out here at 12:30 this morning, no sleep, had a cup of camomile tea, 3 o'clock I was back out here drinking a cup of Celestial Tension Tamer, back up again at 7-- it was coffee that time and morning meds, back to bed again, up again at 9:30. I gave up. Might be a better night tonight. We all have these times but just keep in mind that a better day and a better time is coming, hang in there and stay here with the rest of us you won't find a better place to be than right here. Hope things are better for you soon. Hugs--- Loretta

18. SMC

SMC Look for the footprints in the sand......

HI Page:

I think that most of us have been at the point that we were willing to do most anything for some relief. At those times, at least for me, venting here seems to help. There's something about putting it down and waiting on others to lend an ear , a hug, or some advise that is very therapeutic. Hugs to you.
    SherryC

19. dizzy_banker

dizzy_banker one a good day at the office...

HI Page
    Sorry you had a bad night. When I describe how I feel on a regular basis to people, even not having an attack of the vertigo, I describe it like being tipsy, from drinking. Maybe thats not a bad idea...why go around always feeling dizzy tipsy without not having the "fun" of actually getting there from drinking too much wine! ( Ok, that is bad advice, but I live in the Napa Valley and Wine is in baby bottles in this region) :p

I am going to see a shrink next week and I feel better today, but get depressed alot from this dreadful disease...hang in there and know we are just a few keystrokes away ;)
    Karen

PS: Valium helps me......it makes me relaxed a bit sort of like smoking pot. I was told also not to drink so I have not drank for a couple months now.
    (dizzy banker)

20. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

We had a thread running about alcohol not long before the board crashed. The verdict was: for many of us 1-2 drinks (wine usually) can really help by mellowing us out. I know some doctors have said no alcohol but many more have said a couple of drinks are ok. I'm one. I went without my beloved wine for a month until my ENT told me to start drinking again (but no bingeing) ;). I was happy to take his advice!!

Amethyst