JFK-50th Anniversary year

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by daBronx, Nov 23, 2013.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. daBronx

daBronx New Member

I'm not posting anything of a political nature of JFK as that would be against the rules of Meniere's.org.
    My memories of that tragic event some 50 years ago have not escaped me.
    I remember sitting at home in front of our black and white T.V.and watching the President's caison leave the church and placed on the carriage that would take his body to the cemetery.To this day I cannot understand how Mrs.Kennedy,Jacqueline didn't break down.It's been often said that women are the weaker sex.I don't believe that.When I look at my daughter,a vice president,a woman who far outranks hundreds of men in her company,I have come to believe that it is men who are the weaker sex,probably not physically but definately emotionally.
    I remember watching the caison and the only sounds I could hear were the horses feet stepping on the cobblestones.Tears were streaming down my face.

2. June-

June- New Member

I remember it too.

Women are the stronger gender, generally, in my experience. I am sure she had shed many tears before those public moments.

That said, Jackie Bouvier was trained to maintain decorum in all circumstances from an early age and she had children to be strong for as well.

3. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Caroline Kennedy has certainly led an interesting life.Attorney,author,wife,mother and now ambassador to Japan will be 56 years old on Nov.27th 2013.Despite their wealth the Kennedy's have always been involved in public service.

4. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I didn't know that she was a lawyer too :)

5. June-

June- New Member

Both Caroline and John jr went to law school.

6. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I know John Jr did, probably because it was news that he had a difficult time passing the Bar Test, she must have passed the first time :D

7. June-

June- New Member

Probably. But it may also be that she never took it. I don't think she ever practiced. John Jr did work as a prosecutor briefly. I always thought their mother wanted them to go so no one could pull the wool over their eyes on financial deals.