It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by CarolineJ., Nov 17, 2013.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

As I get older I am starting to think that eating out at a nice place isn't such a bad idea :D

Enjoy!

2. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

Oh yeah! Every moment warms my heart.

3. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

I WAIT UNTIL DECEMBER TO DO MY CHRISTMAS DECORATING.

4. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

It's DEC. 1!!

This means I can start opening the doors on this bad boy :D

[​IMG]

5. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

For the most part all the gifts are bought and wrapped! Yay me!! :D

As with most of you I can't do the crowds at malls so being early allows for an enjoyable December for visiting and baking and things like that. :) It's the way that I truly enjoy the festivities of the month at my own pace.

Being early also allows me the time to do some fancy wrapping which tends to be time-consuming. Here's a couple of pics of what my family wakes up to on Christmas morning or whichever day we see them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

NO WAY it's already December! My goodness where are the months going? It's all moving too fast.

Nice wrapping Caroline. I can tell you really love the holidays season :) I bet your family and friends appreciate it. I remember the nativity calendars from when I was a kid.

7. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

I LOVE baking this time of the year. My Mother takes advantage of the "spend so much, get it wrapped for free". But is it really free? :) :) Love your way, color on wrapping. Very pretty!

8. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Thanks ladies :)

My next project is 5 Tourtiere's which are a French Canadian Meat Pie. Very yummy :) Both sides of our family look forward to these at Xmas so they are requested for the family dinners. :)

After that, if time allows some baking of treats will happen :D I'm really craving gingerbread cookies.

I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday preparations :)

9. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Enjoy :)

I eliminated all sugar 18 months ago and don't miss it. The health benefits in terms of symptoms have been enormous. Not even the cutest gingerbread cookie could get me to change my mind :D

10. Titus

Titus New Member

I must admit I bake up a storm on Christmas but, honestly, I wouldn't trade my smoothies and fresh fruit for all the cakes, cookies, and pies in the world......and I am a great cook.....everything from scratch. So I'll just sit back and enjoy the others' sugar highs while I devour the organic tenderloin, sweet potatoes, and tons of fresh fruit.

Two years ago I made a chocolate/coffee no flour cake. It was so dense and rich everyone raved over it. It gave me the worst heart palpitations and reflux I've ever had. I thought I was going to go to the ER but the SVT converted. That cured me of chocolate.

I can eat a small amount of sugar like one ginger cookie with some milk but I really prefer my smoothies. Plus they have made my skin look so much better. I'm hydrating it from the inside out. I've spent a lot of time in the sun living here in Florida and I had a couple of brown AGE spots on my face. After I started drinking the fruit smoothies, they started to fade and are still fading. My skin is not dry anymore. I have enough shit wrong without eating my way toward more :D