It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by CarolineJ., Nov 17, 2013.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Who is starting to decorate your home? ;D

Do you enjoy this ritual of Christmas?

2. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I just created a little DIY art project for Xmas

This is not a photo of my dog.

It's a gift bag that my daughter found last year and my partner received his present in. Add an Ikea frame and voila ... instant art!

It's a striking resemblance to our little furbaby as you can see. :D

[​IMG]

3. June-

June- New Member

Noooooooo! It is not even Thanksgiving yet.

4. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Our Thanksgiving was on Oct 14 clearing the way for Xmas :D

5. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Our tree got put up today ... now to decorate it :D

I have a table full of gifts to be wrapped and put under the tree. Our Grandson will be here Xmas morning to open his gifts so that is going to be a lot of fun. He'll be almost 1 1/2 then. <3

6. June-

June- New Member

But doesn't everything fresh wither and die before Christmas? Even putting things up at the end of November, I am so ready to put them away Jan 1.

It just gets so commercial and trite to me. It feels special the day before Christmas, even maybe the week before if it is snowing... But beyond that, not for me.

7. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

To each is own. Everyone has their own celebrations and there is no right or wrong. You do what works for you and your family. :D

How is decorating a tree and home commercial? I'm not seeing the link there.

My tree is artificial so no worries about it withering. :D

By Dec 27 it's all getting put away because by then I'm done! :D

8. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

^^ To each their own. ^^

9. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I have my Grandson this weekend and we look forward to the joy on his face when he sees the tree and the sparkly lights :D

10. June-

June- New Member

How old is he now?! It seems just yesterday, we first heard he was on the way!

11. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

He's almost 15 months now.

Love having Grandma and Grandpa time. :) He's so much fun.

We usually have him every month or so for the weekend. <3

12. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I can't count properly on my fingers :D

He's almost 17 months now.

13. chrisk

chrisk New Member

Carolyn, As I told you on Facebook, For every Christmas tree lit before Thanksgiving, an elf drowns a baby reindeer. :D ;D ;)

14. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

LOL ... I know!

I wasn't responsible for any dead reindeer though because our Thanksgiving was in Oct. :p

15. chrisk

chrisk New Member

I don't know about that I think the elfs are under US Thanksgiving time!! ;D :D At least they should be!!! :-*

16. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

I set up the fake tree for the last time last week. I don't have any place to store it and it's been outside since I removed it from the garage to make space. I doing a real tree from now on.

17. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

:p :-*

We're a sovereign Nation with our own holidays which allow us to decorate as we see fit. :D

The only thing we are asked is to not turn on our Xmas lights until after Nov. 11 so that we can properly honour our Veterans without the distraction on the upcoming holiday which I comply with.

I remember growing up what a huge celebration Thanksgiving was in the US with what seemed at the time to be a 4 day holiday. It encompassed all the things that a family celebration should be and to a non-US citizen seemed like such an important holiday. Sadly, thanks to the Walmart's of the world your Thanksgiving holiday is reduced to a Thursday at 6pm celebration so that everyone can get to the stores and trample each other. How things have changed.

18. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

It's still summer here. I went for a hike with my son and then sat by the pool because it was so hot :D

Gimme summer every day of the year. I wouldn't miss Christmas at all.

19. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

20. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright