It's a Whack-A-Mole Life

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by shartsoe, Oct 20, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

In the past I've posted my blogs in the writer's den, but this one is overtly spiritual and I don't want to offend anyone. Hope it gives someone some encouragement.

It's a Whack-A-Mole Life

Ever feel like you're stuck in that children's arcade game where the moles pop up and you have to whack them back down with an oversized plastic hammer - except that instead of moles, you're whacking problems? Life is a series of challenges that pop up when you least expect them. Get one taken care of and another one (or two) pops up. Home repairs. Whack. Bills. Whack whack. Car problems. Whack, whack, whack!

Some seasons of life seem to have more moles than others. Raising children. Saying goodbye to aging parents. Facing our own limitations.

It can be exhausting and it seems like the faster we whack one down, the faster they come at us.

When this happens to me I often find myself grasping at something -- anything -- to hit them. I worry. I cry. I get out of sorts and frustrated. The control freak in me wants them gone -- now. I can't do it all and it makes me mad.

That's the way life is, isn't it?

But, while I'm busy spinning my wheels trying to figure out the best strategy to win at the Whack-A-Mole game, sometimes what I really need is rest.

Just 15 minutes of silence.

A walk in the trees.

A cup of coffee with a friend.

A game of hide and seek with a chunky baby boy.

"Be still and know that I am God."

Sometimes in the silence I find the answer I was looking for.

Sometimes I just find peace for my soul.

I realize that I can't do it all, but instead of making me mad, it causes me to let go.

"My power is made perfect in your weakness."

I was not created to whack moles in my own strength. I was created to worship the One who makes all things beautiful in His time -- and that is the best strategy I can think of!

2. Kittydoctr

Kittydoctr New Member

Amen!

That was beautifully written!

3. joy

joy New Member

The very first thought I had when I saw your thread/subject was "sometimes you're the mole & sometimes you're the hammer!"

Nice post. Thanks for risking offense - it was worth it! ;D

4. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Thanks JF. I'm feeling rather like the mole right now! I love blogging -- it's been a great way for me to get my thoughts in order and remind myself of the things that matter!

5. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Shart: good stuff, hope you are feeling ok.

6. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I bumped this up because it just popped into my head.
    This is a good thread, shart.
    Should I be sentimapental and sing?

Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end,
    We'd sing and laugh forever and a day............

Smiling

7. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Ah, Gina, I needed this today! Thanks for bumping this. I loved blogging but got bogged down in other stuff again, so it's been awhile since I wrote a new post. Today I will try to remember to be still and not worry so much.

8. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Don't worry so much, it causes wrinkles!
    Smiling is good for those facial muscles, so is making funny faces!

Mirror, mirror, on the wall!

I'm in intense pain. It's shifted from my boob to my back, oh, but the mornings are the worst!
    I need to start moving, slowly, to loosen it all up.
    All the dogs are sleeping. Hubs is sleeping....

What's wrong with this picture?
    I'm glad I gave you what you needed!
    It makes me feel real good!

Thanx, for posting it in the first place!!

((((( hugs )))))