It seems that Acyclovir my do a lot more then help MM'ers

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Caribbean, Feb 23, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Marilyn

Marilyn New Member

Hi Everyone,
    Have been reading the posts for this topic with great interest. I am also taking Acyclovir and have found relief from my symptoms. My feeling is that this disease may be caused by more than one thing. Some may experience this because of a viral infection, and others because of genetics or some other etiology. Everything that I have read indicates that they are not sure what causes the disease. I also take L-Lysine 1,000 mg. twice daily--- this essential amino acid seems to compliment the Acyclovir treatment. That and plenty of water each day of course. Anyway, just a few additional thoughts.....
    Marilyn

2. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

Hello Marilyn,

Welcome to the board, glad to hear that Acyclovir has also helped you.............No one will convince me that there is not a viral connection with MM.
    I also take L-Lysine with the Acyclovir when I come out of remission.

Please check back with us and tell more of your experience with Acyclovir and how its effecting you.

There are many people like yourself who get relief using Acyclovir and feel so good they don't have anymore reason to come back. (can't blame them). So others don't get the message.

Continue to be well

3. SpinininOhio

SpinininOhio New Member

This is a repeat of a separate post/thread I started not realizing this one was here... so forgive me if it is repetitive. It really brings more allopathic muscle to the question of viral cause in at least some of the cases. Forgive too my disclaimer; I am getting slightly frustrated with everyone jumping all over plausible solutions and basically shutting them down after the author gets so frustrated with arguments over minutiae. A woman brought a plausible solution regarding estrogen and was run off the board. This past week, my neurologist made a huge case for estrogen involvement in MAV-Migraine Associated Vertigo (I'm not going to get into the minutiae of the definition vs. Meniere's; it was applicable in regards to vertigo). Right now, Hank is getting burned at the stake over nucca chiro therapy after we've all read dozens of cases where people have gotten relief (don't even go into the definition)... but I digress... back to the question of viral cause...

I am not sure if these websites have made it "on board" before or not, but should be made available again anyway for newer members. The search came about as the result of a discussion with my neurologist who felt an anti-viral therapy should have been tried by my (no longer) otoneurologist (too late now). I thought it would be interesting and possibly an avenue of relief for some (please see author's disclaimer).

http://www.tbregistry.org/PDF%20Folder/9(2)final.pdf

http://www.hei.org/research/histo/menieres.htm

http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/menieres/men_eti.html
    for this one you need to scroll down to the viruses subtitle

http://content.karger.com/ProdukteDB/katalogteile/isbn3_8055/_72/_95/Prospekt_7295.pdf
    this one takes forever to download because of the graphic. I am trying to find the abstract online and will add to this thread if I find it.

SpinininOhio

AUTHOR’S DISCLAIMER: The above references in no way imply a “cure”, in total or in part, for Meniere’s Disease or Syndrome or other likewise illness resembling Meniere’s Disease or Syndrome, which may, in fact, be, or not be, Meniere’s Disease or Syndrome, or any of their individual symptoms.

What is implied is the fact that Meniere’s Disease or Syndrome and its mimicking illnesses (which may in fact be Meniere’s Disease or Syndrome), being labeled as “idiopathic” does not exclude the possibility of a “cure” or relief to the whole or part of the disease, to include, but not limited to: hearing loss, dizziness, fullness or pressure in the ear, vertigo attacks and other symptoms stated and unstated. Meniere’s Disease or Syndrome and its likewise similar illnesses are diagnosed largely on symptoms and limited, not totally conclusive tests, thus similar to a stomachache which without the specific, empirical tests available in that particular case that point to (including, but not limited to) ulcer, indigestion, cancer, heart attack and other illnesses would have to be referred to also as “idiopathic”. It has long been the contention of the author that various people with Meniere’s Disease or Syndrome or likewise similar illnesses (which may or may not be Meniere’s Disease or Syndrome), are relieved, in whole and /or in part, via different therapies to include (but not limited to) skeletal/muscular, anti-viral, allergy, traditional allopathic surgery, etc. It is further contended that this relief in whole or in part is the result of the fact that Meniere’s Disease or Syndrome and its likewise similar illnesses resembling it (which may or may not be it) are caused by differing factors, such as the stomachache example, but that because the majority of diagnosis must be made on symptoms versus definitive tests which to date are unavailable, the defining causes cannot be illuminated and, furthermore, without that knowledge persons with Meniere’s Disease or Syndrome and likewise similar illnesses (which may or may not be Meniere’s Disease or Syndrome) must be reduced to saying there is “no cure” because it is, by right of this reasoning, “idiopathic” (i.e.: there can be no “cure” for an illness of unknown origin).

The above references are meant to lead interested persons with Meniere’s Disease or Syndrome or likewise similar illnesses (which may in fact be or not be Meniere’s Disease or Syndrome) to consult with their allopathic and alternative practioners and do further substantive research on their own, making decisions as reasonably intelligent adults as to whether the above information is indeed applicable and useful in their individual situations. In light of the concept that there can be no cure, because there can be no definitive empirical diagnosis in all cases of the cause or causes of the Meniere’s Disease or Syndrome or other likewise similar illnesses (which may or may not be Meniere’s Disease or Syndrome), it is the intent of the author at least to provide an avenue by which relief may be obtained, in total or in part, to the symptoms for the person with Meniere’s Disease or Syndrome or other likewise similar illnesses (which may or may not be Meniere’s Disease or Syndrome).

4. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

Thank for the links, SpinininOhio. A great read.....

5. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

Update, This could be very good news for the Aids epidemic. Down to maybe three years now...............

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=93439