Is it possible to have MM in one ear and something different in the other?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by GLA, May 2, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. GLA

GLA New Member

I'm just curious. My right side always presented classic MM symptoms, but my left side (the second ear to go) has never led to vertigo (that I'm aware of), just fluctuating hearing loss, pressure, etc.

I didn't go through the entire exhaustive diagnosis process on my left side because we simply assumed it was the MM, just as it was on the right side. So is it possible to have MM on one side, and something else effecting the other? Or am I just overthinking this?

I'm starting SS soon, and I'm very hopeful, but I still have this lingering concern that it might not help my left side (if by some chance, it's not MM).

2. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Yes ... MM can co-exist with MAV, SCD, Fistula, allergies, etc.

This is why it is so hard to sometimes to figure it all out.

Good luck on the SSTP :)

3. annegina

annegina New Member

Yep.
    I was told by my oto that the clicking and popping I have in my good ear is Eustachian tube dysfunction.
    I've had it chronically in my good ear for a year or so now and thank goodness it doesn't cause the vertigo or hearing loss my left
    one did. My hearing sounds funny every once in a while but my hearing test in that ear is still within normal range. Also I have tinnitus in that ear that is noticeable only when it is quiet.

4. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

have you ever gone dizzy in the "good" ETD ear? Did you have ETD in the "good" ear before meniere's appeared in the "bad" ear?

anyway, ETD is likely related to Meniere's.