is getting car sick a symptom

Discussion in 'For Friends & Families of Menierians' started by verti, Sep 1, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. verti

verti New Member

My 14 yo GD has gotten car sick a few times in her life, more so as she has gotten older. Is that a precursor to MM? I'm terrified she will have this disease & I know how it can ruin a life. thanks.

2. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Not at all. Some are just more sensitive to others when it comes to movement but it is not a precursor to MD.

3. verti

verti New Member

Thanks for your reply.

4. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Two of my three children have extreme car sickness/motion sickness. One of them is being watched closely for MM but that is not a given. I have extreme motion sickness - there are several OTC medicines that can help and Benadryl is showing signs of helping.

5. tm53

tm53 New Member

Never got carsick, did get bilateral MM.

Sibling used to get car sick and never got MM.

6. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

no rhyme or reasoning ever ...

7. jeffy

jeffy New Member

This past march/april i went to Myan Riveria for my 50th birthday. On the bus ride from the air port i wasnt feeling well, i thought no way i could be car sick, i have never been car sick. 2 weeks later retracing my ride to come home i was car sick. When ever i am a passenger in a vehicle i get car sick, if i am driving i am ok.

8. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

when I can drive - I do much better as well.

9. burd

burd New Member

Car sickness, or any kind of motion sickness sensitivity, is more likely connected to vestibular migraine, or migraine associated vertigo. No it's not about headaches, but all the symptoms of mm and then some. Caused by a totally different malfunction.

10. debin

debin New Member

I would try putting them into the front seat as much as possible. That may help!

11. chrisk

chrisk New Member

Never got car sick because of MM, Got sick in the car because of MM tho. :)

12. Elarandra

Elarandra New Member

As a child I had a lot of trouble with car sickness. I never knew it was related to my migraines until recently though. Not sure if it's a precursor to MM, but I personally get car sick if I am not in the front seat...and even then being in front isn't a guarantee that I won't.