In God We Teach-Documentary(very long)

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by daBronx, May 30, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. daBronx

daBronx New Member

www.ingodweteach.com

2. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

My iPad wouldn't show it, sorry David

3. daBronx

daBronx New Member

This documentary is about a Kearny,N.J.high school student who while in class recorded his teacher proselytizing Christianity.He spoke out and complained to the high school administration.
    According to our Constitution we have a wall separating religion and the State and religion is not supposed to be taught or proselytized in our public school system.We're not even allowed to pray in school,which I can understand because our public schools are comprised of many faiths and those people who don't believe in God.Our republic is a secular government not a religious government or Christian theocracy even though 76% of our population are Christians.

4. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

So don't pray when others do if you don't want to. Recite poetry or zone out if that makes you happy. Nobody can control what you think in your head. Why do you give yourself up to things this way?

5. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

David there are catholic schools, there are all kinds of schools for children to go to.

Stop
    Finding prejudged prejudices,,start finding something positve to write about, positive to post.

Feel better!

6. daBronx

daBronx New Member

While it's true that nobody can control what you think in your head,the Constitution can control whom we pray to and where we pray to providing it's not in the public sector,for example public high schools.
    Remember our Constitution is the law of our land.
    Madalyn Murray O'Hair an atheist and once known as America's most hated person,is best known for the Murray V Curlett lawsuit which led to the landmark Supreme Court ruling ending official bible-reading in American public schools in 1963.
    Officially sponsored prayer in schools had been ended a year earlier by the Supreme Court in Engel V Vitale.
    As a Christian and an American it is my duty to obey the Constitution and the laws passed by the Supreme Court.

7. daBronx

daBronx New Member

I think this is a very positive post.I think the high school student who found it offensive for his teacher to espouse his beliefs in a public high school class was wrong in doing so.In a Catholic school I think it's fine to discuss one's beliefs in class but not in public schools.

8. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

I'm sorry, but there is no such thing as a wall separating church and state, except as to prevent the state from legislating against the free exercise of religion. That is the wall referred in the First Amendment. That is the only wall. It is a one-way wall, preventing the Congress from legislating to regulate the free exercise of religion. Just read what it says.

The tenth amendment provides that those powers not specifically delegated to the federal government, are reserved to the states, and to the people of those states. Read that if you like as well. So these kinds of legal calls, are LOCALLY decided, either within state jurisdictions, or in absence of state laws regulating these activities, then within smaller, locally defined jurisdictions which thereby possess the authority to regulate them. That is how the Constitution is designed and written, as a global conglomeration of local authoritative democracies. Local standards regulate the use of local authority within those democracies.

But the federal government has NO Constitutional authority to act in any of these regards, either by federal statute, or by federal court ruling, the effect of which would be the same as a congressional statute. That is what the First Amendment plainly states.

A simple reading of the First Amendment confirms what I say.

And either way, this is not a topic in religious or spiritual support of those who have Meniere's symptoms. Take it to another website.

9. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

David, just let this one go, the people who support you know what you were saying.

There's just too much BADvstuff in our world now.

Let it be.....

10. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

For the non believers....they can send me ALL their money!!! I'll even post my address. All the money I have says IN GOD WE TRUST. Which this country was based on. Send me your moolah!!!!!

11. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

:), me, too!