In Defense Of Nassman

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by burd, Apr 25, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

If this was so intentional and blatant, then why could Nassman not figure that out? Just for discussion sake, since this thread has gone all over the place anyway, aren't you placing yourself in the position of judging, not only certain motives that you obviously have no access to, but also Nassman's competence to discern reality? I mean, if what you understand is really so blatant, then why didn't Nassman know this like everyone else must have, unless you also figure that Nassman was not competent to notice something so obvious as to be characterized as 'blatant.' And if Nassman was not competent to understand something that is blatantly obvious to everyone else here, then what else was he not competent to understand?

Now, perhaps you are right. Maybe this was an intentional attempt to raise Nassman's reactions to the point of going off the charts. But if it were, and if everyone else knew it, as they would have if it were so blatantly obvious, then I am afraid that you must also believe that Nassman was a fool being the only one who could not discern this. And if he were a fool in this area, then where might that stop? What you offer here, Terry, and have now offered a few times, has a double edge to it. You can't have it both ways. You place yourself in the position of having superior knowledge, knowledge that you have no opportunity to possess if Nassman himself did not possess it, or else superior intelligence over Nassman and anyone else who did not understand something that was so blatantly obvious to you. Personally, I believe you have neither.

2. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

can you repeat that?

3. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Just look at it and blink your eyes.

4. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Yea Hank, how is it anyway that you get away with everything and nobody else gets into any trouble at all? Is there a secret language you put out that can't be discerned by anyone but the few? Just how many people have been banned because you blatantly and obviously goaded them into it? You, my dear have the gift of putting into terms that which would make blood boil and flames roar. Wow, what a gift...

5. burd

burd New Member

Geez Henry you are a wordy guy. I see no double edged sword, it seems rather straightforward to me. You started an antagonistic thread for no other reason but to taunt him by misquoting him. Most people care to clear it up when their comments are distorted, which he tried, but you kept poking at it and poking at it and poking at it, despite his repeated attempts to stand up for himself. You knew he had a temper and you kept at it. There was no other reason for that thread but to piss him off.

I'm done with this topic. I'm not even going to open it up again.

6. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Well, it IS burd's post...

7. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

And if that is true, you and I are different how?

8. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

I did not think that you would; but to some that double edge is blatantly obvious.

9. Tara

Tara New Member

You are different in that Burd started a thread to state her opinion, not to bait you. She had something to say, and said it. Obviously, you disagree, and that's fine. She also knows when to let go. Sometimes the most persuasive argument is no argument. And now, I'm out.

10. studio34

studio34 Guest

Hank,

>>> And if he were a fool in this area, then where might that stop? What you offer here, Terry, and have now offered a few times, has a double edge to it. You can't have it both ways. You place yourself in the position of having superior knowledge, knowledge that you have no opportunity to possess if Nassman himself did not possess it, or else superior intelligence over Nassman and anyone else who did not understand something that was so blatantly obvious to you. Personally, I believe you have neither.

Too much LSD back in the 60s? I'm not sure if the above is actually English but you seem to be doing a great job of establishing yourself as a troll. How can you seriously now be trying to drag Burd into yet another debate where she has to try to make sense of "Hank logic"? Let it go mate. These soap box speeches of yours would put a glass eye to sleep; they are incredibly boring. She brought up a relevant topic, it's been discussed, and for some unknown reason it lingers when a mod should have closed it down a long time ago. S

11. mrdizzy

mrdizzy New Member

Please please please make this nonsense go away...i wish i could reach into this forum and throw this in the garbage myself...no offense burd i understand your posting but this shit has been going on now for far to long...

12. bertito

bertito The greatest composer who ever lived.

I have no idea what's going on with Nassman and what created this mess, and frankly Y don't wish to know.. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

We need more research to find a cure for Meniere's.

13. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

alien abduction causes it--Mexican food is a known cure (provided it is true El Paso Mexican food)--research will eventually establish this firmly

14. jim1884again

Mexican Food

15. jim1884again

Alien Abduction

16. jim1884again

Mexican Food

17. jim1884again

alien abduction

18. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Mexican abduction

19. jim1884again

mexican food mexican food mexican food mexican food mexican food mexican food mexican food
    alien abduction alien abduction alien abduction alien abduction alien abduction alien abduction

or if you want Hank's take on it, Mexican abduction (happens all the time in Juarez)
    and, before someone beats me to it, Alien food

OK,. I have now presented two unchallened topics that are known to be related to Meniere's disease and spirituality (especially the Mexican food) so we can end this interminable discussion about a removed board member and all of the cyber-psycho-social implications of such

(and Burd knows I was going to chime in with these really serious topics)

Mexican Food, Alien Abduction

20. jim1884again

and in case I forgot to mention it--Mexican Food, Alien Abduction