In Defense Of Nassman

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by burd, Apr 25, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. joy

joy New Member

:D :D :D :D

Do YOU think you have a think(sic) for Nass & your dog? Why ARE you clinically depressed? Would you LIKE for me to be your therapist? How do you FEEL about this question thing?

Am I starting to annoy anyone else as much as I'm starting to annoy myself with this thread? ;D

2. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Why would you think you're annoying us? Do you think I have a thing ? Would YOU like to be my therapist? What question thing are you talking about?

3. joy

joy New Member

I AM annoying you, aren't I? Don't we ALL have things? Do you NEED a therapist? Weren't we discussing a 'question thing' in this thread?

4. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

No what makes you think that you're annoying? I guess we have things isn't that what you said I might have a thing? Do you think we finally are going to end this thread?

5. joy

joy New Member

Don't you think "annoying" is an accurate description of what I'm being right now?

Am I supposed to remember EVERYTHING I said on this thread?

Do you WANT to end this extremely entertaining thread? Why don't you want me to be entertained anymore?

6. Tara

Tara New Member

Oh no! Run fluffy run!

7. CarrieOakey

CarrieOakey New Member

It probably doesn't occur to some of you while you continue to insult nassman even tho he is gone and unable to reply, that this thread was started by burd because she actually cared about the situation with nassman.

By taking this thread the nonsense route so you can amuse yourselves, you are not being respectful of burd's intentions when she posted her concerns.

8. joy

joy New Member

It doesn't appear Burd's that offended. But if I have offend her with my twisted humor, I apologize. And I have NEVER insulted Nassman - here or anywhere else. I'll respectfully sign off now.

9. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

My favorite story about Nassman was years ago when I posted something religious ... can't remember exactly what, and don't want to. There might be a few misspellings, but the gist of his response went something like this:

FU$#$%^&*!!@#$FU#@!!%^@&*@FU*^%$$#@!#$!!!!

He was great! Never a dull moment.

10. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Burd started this post in defense of nassman. Others have expressed their opinions about it. Most posts go to the ridicules sometimes. Sometimes they get back on track and sometimes they turn into something completely different. Why should this post be any different? Nassman had a lot of personality and there are others here who would get the same amount of attention if they were to leave - for whatever reason. You are saying what you feel about the situation and I respect that, but this thread will end and it won't be because someone says it's time to end it now. Don't 'cha think?

11. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

P.S. No one has disrespected Burd on this post yet - but that's my opinion.

12. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

It will be over when the fat lady
    [​IMG]Or Ray pulls the plug! ;)

13. CarrieOakey

CarrieOakey New Member

You have confused me Hollymm. I'm not the poster who suggested the thread end. I merely suggested it was inappropriate to be fooling around in a thread that was started in serious defense of someone.

I don't like gang mentality, and I don't like it when a poster is discussed in a negative light when they can't be here to defend themselves.

I have had a few PMs to tell me I am wrong, that I am an outsider who stuck my nose in where it doesn't belong so I will accept that the majority want to continue in this vein, so have at it.

But please don't put words in my mouth, Hollymm. I believe it was Carolyn33 who called for the thread to end.

14. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

Sorry to say, but if that's true then it was a low rent move by whoever sent you the PM.

15. Cheryl

Cheryl New Member

Burd is perfectly able to stand up for herself, but I'll just say I doubt it even crossed her mind that this would turn into a "let's ridicule nassman" thread.

The guy is gone. He couldn't follow the rules and had been warned many times not to cross the line. He did, and he paid the price. Some of you liked him, some of you didn't. I was a member when nassman joined, so I've seen all sides of him. Makes no difference to me if he is banned or not. I had pretty much learned to ignore his posts and not let them get to me like they had in the past. He couldn't control himself no matter how hard he tried.

Bottom line for me, two people were involved in the altercation that got nassman banned. One of them is gone and the other one is still here. I think that was what this thread was all about.

16. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Yes, Cheryl, two people were involved in an altercation. But only one broke the rules, according to the moderator, and was therefore banned.

The moderator explained his decision and requested that we move on.

17. burd

burd New Member

Thank you CarrieOakey for being concerned about whether or not I am offended. That was real kind of you but it takes a lot to offend me and I am not offended at all. The topic has been covered from all angles and then some by now so I didn't see it as a hijacking. Humor lightens up what can at times be stressful topics.

Besides, bottom line was not whether or not I agreed Nass should have been banned because I do understand Ray's long term irritation with his misbehavior, but my anger that someone can intentionally bait someone as blatantly as what led to Nass being banned and not be penalized, as that only feeds ego and could actually foster more of the same behavior in the future. 

This topic was wrung out about as far as it could and slipped away but was brought back and I'm not even sure why.  Levity was actually a nice diversion.  Maybe we can all step back and let it go now. 

18. Ifishdizzy

Ifishdizzy New Member

What she said!

(If the forum did have a Mod (worth a damn), they would have closed this a few pages back. Topic has been beat to death, exhumed, and beaten some more.)

You guys keep this up and everyone will end up mad at everyone else.. ::)

Mike

19. Dizzy Little Piggy

Dizzy Little Piggy OINK OINK

As the farm moderator I hereby deem that this thread end now because the BS is beginning to smell and there is no answer to satisfy anyone or should I say everyone. Over and out!!!

Piggy

PS
    PM me if you have anything to say.

20. birdmom3

birdmom3 New Member

Nassman did not offend me. And he had a lot of opinions. It is Ray's decision to take this off the board. It never bothered me.

You are right. Gang mentality is wrong.

Let Ray make that decision. He is the owner.

Birdmom3