if you've had intratympanic dexamethasone with or without a tube, please reply

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by dwaynehoover, Dec 11, 2013.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. dwaynehoover

dwaynehoover keep exercising!!! if you can

I have been posting a lot lately because of bad 4 months. Doc today gave me dex pills for 1 week, she said if not help enough will put in "tube" next week so I can put the dexamthasone drops in myself and even when I am away working in Asia next month. I don't really get dizziness that often (but lately more ,about 1 time a week or less and not severe like I used to get it, manageable with xanax). My biggest concern is the increased tinnitus for 4 months and the loss of hearing. I was in NYC last week and hearing came back completely then returned to Atlanta and its all screwed up again. I take allergy drops. My questions to you whom have had tubes and dex drops or even dex shots without tube :1) do I have a chance (did you) get improvement in lowered tinnitus and increased hearing or only improvement in dizziness? I won't do the tube just for that only!Please tell me. 2)if you had the tube, do you still have it? how long did it last ? did you get infection occasionally from the tube being there? What other dangers can occur from tube placement like immediate hearing loss at all? how well did you do when they took the tube out? 3) can I use this same type tube for meniett if I decide to do that? Thanks for any replys, I may private message you as well if thats ok. God bless all of you!