If you had one question...........

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Cara, Nov 2, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. ToniG

ToniG Guest

In my opinon, that's the best question so far. :)

2. Jordan

Jordan New Member

How can I use my skills, talents and knowledge to serve you better?

3. joy

joy New Member

Wow! Yes - that's the perfect question because it's directed at the Perfect Answer.

4. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

You have no business in this thread at all. Why would an atheist have a question to ask a God he doesn't believe exists? The only reason you are here is to stir up trouble. So please don't sermonize to me about motives. :)

Please understand Chris I was not trying to sermonize to you, as INS suggested. I am trying to use this room as it was intended, to uplift people spiritually, not to demean or to sermonize or to debate. I hear you and so many others struggling so terribly with questions of faith and it breaks my heart. Please understand the dilemma I face when I see this spiritual struggle that you all face. Do I say nothing, or do I tell you all of the hope and comfort you can find? You can all understand that, I'm sure. If you find a treasure, you want to share it. What’s in it for me to tell you this? I’ll answer that: nothing but the satisfaction that I tried to bring spiritual hope to you. How can a message of hope be taken so wrong? How can my motives be so misconstrued?

I love you people so much. You are words on a screen, but I can still learn about you through those words. And what I see is a forum full of people who are struggling so much with matters of faith. I hate to see you all struggle and bicker and agonize so much.

It must be so tormenting to harbor so much anger as I witness in INS. And Scott, you try so hard to prove to the world that there is no God. You’ve got a fine mind and you refuse to acknowledge the God that gave it to you. You are a man who obviously wants to help others – that, too is a God-given gift. But when others reach out to give you the spiritual hope and comfort you really need, you refuse it.

And Chris, you already believe, so believe! Do you think that the God Who saves your soul will abandon your soul to commit any sin you want? You don’t trust yourself and that is a good thing. Don’t place your trust in yourself, place it in Him. He is the Good Shepherd, remember? Of course you will stray, but He will continue to bring you back to Him – to guide you every step of your life. You will not abandon all sense of responsibility and your conscience will still be intact. You will not want to sin, but the sin nature is inherent in us all, you cannot escape it. That is the struggle that Paul tells you about in Romans chapter 7. And Paul was a man of great faith. But at the end of chapter 7, Paul brings you hope - that our sins will not separate us from God. Jesus reconciles us to God. So continue to do good things, but please don't think those good things have any impact on salvation. Jesus did all that was necessary to bring salvation to you. And please don't think that once you put your full trust in Him to save you that He will abandon you to 'sin like crazy.' He won't. Look what He's already done for you. He's given you strength to fight addiction - which brings hope to others. And He's given you a sense of humor to help you through the stress of life - and to help others, too. Trust that He will continue to guide you and know that nothing you say, think or do can separate you from His love. :)

5. Jordan

Jordan New Member

Chris's question makes sense to me and does not sound like it is coming from someone who struggles with faith. To me it seems natural for someone who believes in God to want to make sure he is doing everything possible to please Him.

6. studio34

studio34 Guest

I think every post I've ever read from you has a sermon attached to it somewhere. My main question is not to cause trouble. I want to know why (if he exists) does he remain invisible. Fair question I think.

7. June-

June- New Member

How would anyone know the answer to this? I retract my response. That is your question to God. Interesting one.

8. studio34

studio34 Guest

No one has ever given me a good answer to this and so to hear it from god (should he/ she/ it exist and I am wrong) would be an interesting response.

9. Cara

Cara New Member

I respect anyone's response..........as long as they are all respectful........and I think they all have been. My husband who is agnostic said he would ask what are next weeks power ball numbers!!!

10. ToniG

ToniG Guest

God, where's SteveinColorado when you need him? :D ;)

Cara; :D ;D

11. barnyardbird

barnyardbird Guest

in Exodus 31:17 it says,"On the Seventh day He abstained from work and rested".
    My question is if god is perfect,why would he need a day of rest?

12. ToniG

ToniG Guest

Football? LOL.

13. SMRoz

SMRoz Coast Guard Dizzy! (Ret)

I would ask if we could just talk. Bet I could learn a lot

14. tm53

tm53 New Member

We really need a "Like" button here. LIKE.

15. June-

June- New Member

Quote from: Another SMRoz on Today at 07:11:14 pm
    I would ask if we could just talk. Bet I could learn a lot

Like +1

16. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Good questions, but he may not be invisible he may be your neighbor, or the begger on the street.. Would you give him your coat or some change in your pocket?

17. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

Harley sez-, he stil kant beleeve you dun married a heethen

what would you guess he would ask? since you brought him up, I have been trying to think about what he would say/ask...it would likely be original

18. Titus

Titus New Member

I would ask Him when Jesus is coming back for us.

19. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Yes, fair question. Answer: Two reasons, He IS invisible, God is Spirit (John 4:24), and no man can see God and live (Exodus 33:20 God said to Moses: “You cannot see My face; for no man can see Me and live.”)

That natural man lives in a natural world, and sees a natural world, prohibits him from seeing the spirit world. To see the spirit world, one must look through and beyond the natural world. Either the natural world must become transparent, or one must become spirit, beyond the body, as God is. So if God were to be seen in the natural world, the two worlds will have collided and become one. But that cannot happen until all sin is destroyed. Otherwise, all who have sin will die before they have had God's full chance at repentence. But in Heaven, the citizens of the Kingdom, those pure in heart, will see God. (Matthew 5:8, "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." Revelation 22:3-4 says: "The throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve him. They shall see his face")

20. Cara

Cara New Member

Harley..............

I luv me some heethen!