If there was an atheist/agnostic section would you visit or hangout there?

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Chris0515, Oct 11, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

?

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. June-

June- New Member

It's everyone's responsibility to keep the forum not hostile. We aren't children. We all came here for help with a medical problem. Many of us got help and it seems to me we owe it to those still suffering not to trash the site and cause it to go away while they are still looking for their cure.

Otherwise we are going to lose it and people who could be cured aren't going to be. That being the case, why not have debates about topics that we know full well are inflammatory on some other site devoted to debate rather than Menieres? I address this to myself and everyone else.

2. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

The problem is June that we are all adults here and so are most of the people on the other sites and message boards I hangout on, but over on some of them the site owner has designated a couple of moderators to kind of police things because no matter what..........arguements and rude comments are everywhere and do get out of hand(and I'm as guilty as anyone else). Maybe we need something like that here because obviously nasty arguements have been going on for a few years now.

And CarolineJ; we are all good and I am sorry if I was a bit too snippy because I know you are just trying to help me with honest intentions.

3. June-

June- New Member

Or maybe when people are feeling argumentative they should go over to one of those sites that has a moderator and just come here when they are mellow.

This site is here first and foremost to help people deal with Meniere's not other issues.

4. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

I agree that it's supposed to be a place for MM'ers to hangout - first and foremost, and my problems and meltdowns all occur mainly down here and I always have a great time up on the Front Porch(especially in the new "LuLu Land").

But I was thinking today why is it that non-believers and atheists get under my skin so badly, and what I came up with is that I basically have not had to deal with many in my lifetime and so when I do my reaction becomes one of anger. And what I mean is that all of my family members are ALL believers and/or christians, my 3 best friends are all believers and 2 of them go to church regularly, my wife is a believer and so is her family, my fiance' before my wife was a strong believer(even though she was mean & crazy), and most of my co-workers are practicing christians or believers from what they've told me(but we're not really allowed to discuss religion or politics at work anyway). We also have 3 neighbors on this street that all go to the same church as well; so if you add all of that up you can see that I really don't have much exposure to non-believers or atheists, so my reaction to them may be a reflection of all that.

5. studio34

studio34 Guest

This is bull. Get over it Chris. We're sick to death of you banging on about nonsense.

6. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Yeah because you get along with so many people on here; and I've had numerous people PM and say to "ignore him Chris because he's an ass", and I try to but it's like trying to ignore the cat's litter box when it gets full of piss and turds.

7. studio34

studio34 Guest

>>> PM and say to "ignore him Chris because he's got a great ass"

I can live with that. Cheers mate. ;D

8. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Chris HUH? You're blaming "Your anger"" towards non believers because you are surrounded by believers? Wtflock? Here's an FYI. Catholic School 12 yrs. I have a cousin who is a nun, a priest and a great aunt who was a nun. You aren't serious, please tell me that was a joke. OH and I live in the Bible belt now. We had a Catholic church on just about every corner, here in Nash there's some kind of church.. There's EVEN A COWBOY church-come as you are non denominational... You need to take responsibility for your own actions.
    Bringing in the PM's? do you know how many say to ignore you?
    HAHA Good one Studio, I guess he left you with a compliment.... don't know how he knows you have a great ass but ????

9. June-

June- New Member

The point is the board is not about you or anyone else. We still have to behave ourselves no matter where we go. There are no free passes for bad behavior.

10. studio34

studio34 Guest

Like two hard boiled eggs .. he must have hooked up a web cam in my room. I'm nervous now. :D

11. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

I spit my ice tea out on that one.. crap all over my laptop.

12. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

As usual you missed the point totally Carolyn because of your anger and distain towards me I guess. But I'll further explain that it's not a topic that I am used to dealing with or haven't had to because there's not alot of it going on around me, and so as a result maybe I resent it more and find it more irritating than anything else.

13. highway

highway New Member

Carolyln33, youare not a fish. Don't take his bait.

A.

14. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

I'm not taking the bait or falling in the pothole. Love thy neighbor as thyself.... How's that I made it up..haha

15. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Hey Chris, I'll make it short and sweet because you don't read long posts (attention span?) Stop posting on your topic. It seems to really piss you off. In fact, most of your answers are full of how wonderful you are and how screwed up everyone else is. Get a life...

16. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Now for those of you who read past the first sentence or two, I believe that the religion and spiritual corner isn't just for christians or jews or islamic or wiccan believers. It is for all who are religious and those who are spiritual in nature. An atheist or agnostic person can be very spirtiual in nature. Spirit is not reserved for people who have a belief in a God or Gods, it is a place of self discovery and a path to discover the esence of being; be it in the religious world or the personal world of the individual. If it can help a Meniere's sufferer or a loved one ease any of their suffering or allow them a place to ask for understanding then it is a good forum to go to. That is what I believe this particular forum is for.

Chris has mistaken this forum to be about him and his religion. He does not wish to speak to anyone that is not of his religion. He does not want them in his life and says they should, in essence, go back to where they belong. This is the touting of a bigot in the most basic sense of the word.

I am a spiritual person. I am on a self journey. I come to this section to read, learn, converse, and comtemplate the posts of everyone from different sects of life. This topic captured my interest from the beginning as I thought it was going to be about every belief and spiritual aspect of life. I found it to be a place where Chris was so busy telling everyone how they don't belong he wasn't really reading what everyone was saying, all the while using his post title to draw in those very people he hates. What's up with that?

I'm not leaving, no matter how bad Chris wants me to.

17. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Since you're full of cute little jokes about A.D.D.(a real disease or disorder), you got any for MM or maybe diabetes etc.?? And while you're at it you might wanna ease up on that dead horse you are laying a boot to. ;)

18. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

I'm also for not digging up old dirt to get people all riled up just so you can then point and say - " look, there's the bad guy". :-\

19. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Intrepid,

What you said.

P.S Don't forget the Pastafarians. And the Contrarians.

20. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

thank God or thank goodness or thank ET someone is finally taking up for alien abductees--we have feelings too (depending on the type of nanochip that was implanted in our heads)