If there was an atheist/agnostic section would you visit or hangout there?

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Chris0515, Oct 11, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

?

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. studio34

studio34 Guest

So if you guys look up at the results from the Neanderthal's poll, we see that roughly half would hang out in an atheist/agnostic section and another 16% would wander over if bored. Clearly, there is interest and so we can all be one happy family right here. :D

2. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Scott, really, you are not going to claim validity in an unscientific pole are you? Where's the random survey? Where's the scrutiny against bias? Scott, tell me it aint so. You're going results based!

3. studio34

studio34 Guest

Well, 1) it's plausible and 2) we have a sample size up above that wasn't selected from your own personal biased memory, so yeah, it'll do for now.

4. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

;D ;D Neanderthal ;D ;D

5. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

But you still haven't apologized. In either thread. Very revealing Hank, very.

6. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Where did I go? Ummm maybe to work and on the road for the past 9 hours, then came home and had dinner with my wife, then changed my clothes, and now...............here I am(and maaaaan this place went whacky today!).

7. 2bfrank

2bfrank New Member

Ranga, fanta pants, ginger ninja, blood nut, blue to just name a few

8. 2bfrank

2bfrank New Member

Chilean miners???? what Chilean miners???? are there mines in Chile....... whoa...... dude........ seriously.......

9. burd

burd New Member

Whuh?! Hmmmm, I'm a redhead....
    ....which implies red elsewhere, but I'm not saying... :D
    ...got fair skin, check...
    ...got the temper, check...
    ...other attributes accurate?...refer to the implication of red elsewhere... :D
    am I Ranga?
    :D :D :D

10. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

"...lack of appreciation for it's looks." Now how in the world did someone get into an orangutan females head to discover this fact? And yes, I too am a red-head

11. ladyspinner

ladyspinner New Member

12. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

I think what is getting lost in all of this and part of the reason that I created this thread; is the fact that us as believers are not going over to some non-believers section and scoffing at their ideas or non-beliefs and creating arguements and drama over there, but instead they are coming HERE and doing that and expecting a warm and fuzzy welcome by everyone. If you don't believe in God or the Bible and think it's just a bunch of silly ideas and stories, then don't hangout in a place that was supposed to be dedicated to that very same thing and go take your crap somewhere else!

And maybe Ray does need to pull the plug on this section just as he had to do with the political one.

13. studio34

studio34 Guest

And the hypocrisy floweth over. Then stop initiating threads that bring these very discussions to life. Why can't you see this? It's very simple amigo, and something that even you can grasp I think. If you start a thread titled, for example, "Question; could an atheist and a christian be married?" then what do you expect? It's not rocket science.

14. highway

highway New Member

man you've got some gall posting stuff like this. Please cease. There is lots to be learned here by me and I don't want you speaking for me.

A.

15. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

That's because again this is a section for BELIEVERS and for spiritual and religious discussions, and that was a shot at people like you who don't belong hanging out in this section to go away and quit spewing garbage for your own sick entertainment.

16. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Chris, the title of this section is:

YOUR RELIGION AND SPIRITUAL CORNER and the heading goes on to say:" here is a place for those of you speaking (seeking) spiritual guidance or discussion as related to Meniere's disease. Please respect everyone's different spiritualities and religions. Tolerance is the name of the game here. "

These are Ray's words for his section on his forum. Nowhere does it say it is only for Believers in Christianity. It welcomes all including non-christians and agnostics.

Please stop trying to tell everyone that they don't belong here.

17. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

So does that then mean it's an open invitation to come and make sarcastic & insensitive remarks to those of us that are believers and post rude pictures of Jesus(that was finally taken down); somehow I don't think that is what Ray had in mind with this section and has already had to post a warning back in 2008(when I was not even here yet).

18. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

No, it is not an open invitaion to come and make sarcastic and insensitive remarks nor is it a place to mis-characterize, threaten and berate others.

There are those here that can discuss civilly and then there are others who come and throw fuel on the fire. If you are offended, do as others do and address the poster with civility outlining why you find the post offensive and chances are it would be removed as has been the case numerous times. A good representation of this are the posts between Rev and Perses who both happen to be a christian. If you take offense by comments that were in no way directed at you and the poster has told you that then that is your issue to reflect on.

There are posters who once they realize their post was offensive to some here endeavoured to remove the offensive part and for that they should be commended.

19. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

What bothers me is that in the whole year I've been here I have not seen even one post removed for it's content and pretty much anything goes, and yes alot of mine probably should have been but I figure - hey if it's open season on christians or believers over here then the same can be done for non-believers and athiests.

On many other sites that I have been on they have either removed or never allowed a political or religious section because 9 out of 10 times it ends badly. And again please don't say it's all me or circle my name, because Ray put up a scolding message long before I even got here telling people to chill out or else. So obviously there's been some rough battles on these grounds long before I stepped foot on them.

20. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Chris, just to clarify I have never said it is all you or circled you name (not really sure what that means) ???

I arrived here just before you last year so I also don't know what those prior arguments were about either.

One thing I do know though is that we are all responsible for our own behaviour.

Notice even in this back and forth, for some reason you believe that I think you are the only culprit, but you still managed to address me in a civil manner and allow me to reassure you that I do not believe that you are the only problem and we still walk away without bad feelings about each other.

This is a good thing. ;D