If there was an atheist/agnostic section would you visit or hangout there?

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Chris0515, Oct 11, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

?

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

I just wanna see what the ratio would be, and my vote was a definite "no".

2. studio34

studio34 Guest

Yet you interact with non-believers here daily.

3. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

are you trying to take your shirt off in front of strangers again?

4. dizzymisslizzy

dizzymisslizzy New Member

Hear hear!!!!

5. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

what does that say about you that you have to be the only person who remembers and spells correctly his whole name? yes, it says you have a good memory, but it makes one wonder about...
    you need to get out with normal people more (thus spoke the recluse)

oh, almost forgot, Harley says he's waiting

6. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Yeah but I don't go to specific sections that is dedicated to non-believers just to kick up a debate, and my answer was sincere and honest and I wouldn't go to that specific section simply because it does not interest me.

And Intrepid I have no problems interracting with atheists or non-believers, just as long as the conversations don't pertain to God or being spiritual unless you are agreeing with me 100%. Because my beliefs are extremely important to me and are not to be toyed with or questioned, and it's just one of those hands off type of things. I used to know a guy who would turn red in the face and throw you out of his house if you said anything negative about George Bush, soooo I left that alone around him because I hate George Bush and think he's a corrupt oil tycoon but this guy already let us all know how he strongly felt. Now at the same time I told him I did not wanna hear anything about George Bush either or I would have to express my honest feelings about him, and he was cool with that and we just always talked about other things.

7. studio34

studio34 Guest

No, you just start threads instead.

http://www.menieres.org/forum/index.php/topic,28294.0.html

8. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Dude you're grasping at straws and that again was created in the Religious/Spiritual section, whereas if there was a non-believer section I would have never even bothered. ::)

9. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Chris, way to rig a poll tiger! LOL.

What about
    1. No
    2. Maybe, depends on the topic
    3. Yes

Also Chris, if people are agreeing with you 100% on a topic there'd be no conversation would there? It would just be "Dude, I agree with you 100%". "No, dude, I agree with YOU 100%" "Awesome dude, now we can sit here in complete silence content with how awesome we both are. It's so relaxing."

10. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Heh heh - ohhhhh really.
    [​IMG]

11. Cara

Cara New Member

I would hang out. Heck, I hang out with my husband every day and he is agnostic! But.............I ain't so sure of hangin with the pinko commie (did I spell that right?), he's takin people's clothes off!

12. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

There's just 3 things that you have to agree with me on 100% and that is:

- God and his existence.

- Tampa Bay Buccaneers football

- And how awesome I am(but I'll accept "pretty cool" as an alternative)

13. Cara

Cara New Member

Yea S.........the pinko commie is a good guy to a lot of folks, we just don't let him know it. Harley will take over and get a big head!

14. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Not in the atheist/agnostic section there aint! ;)

15. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Which is why I wouldn't be on there. ;)

16. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

You might not order but you'd be looking at the menu I bet! ;)

17. studio34

studio34 Guest

Which is in direct conflict with your signature which should read:

Keep laughing, Keep learning (note: this is a completely conditional statement in that if you don't believe what I believe then I ain't learnin' nothin'), and Keep living

18. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Ehhhh wrong again; because I already told you that in my younger years(20's and 30's)I already explored and looked into all the possibilities of life here and beyond, and where we all came from and where we are all going, and then came to my own conclusions based on that and on many personal experiences that I'm too tired to get into.

So yes I do continue to learn and grow everyday, but what you are asking or hoping for is that I go backwards and re-learn everything for your benefit and amusement. But this here train that is loaded with my life's experiences and stories is moving forward to learn new things and not wasting time second guessing & re-hashing old ones.

19. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Scott and Chris I think you're both a bit right and both a bit wrong.

Chris doesn't have to learn about things in which he's not interested or feels he's learnt enough about already. BUT - discussing things about which you already have a view isn't necessarily going 'backwards' or re-learning stuff. What you may learn is a new perspective or you may in fact find that you learn something which even strengthens you existing view. For that reason I don't think you should dismiss out of hand the notion that you might learn something reading an atheist/agnostic/agnetheist/pastafarian thread.

20. June-

June- New Member

Athiests and agnostics can still be spiritual. This is the spiritual section so this fits. If they had a Jewish, Mustlim, Christian, Bhuddist, Hindu, etc etc section, then I suppose you might need an agnostic section and athiest section so people could only talk to people who see things exactly as they do and have had exactly the same experiences they have had if that is what one is after. In that case, I hope they would also have a section for people who want to talk to (not convert) people of different experiences, cultures, religions and so forth. Talking to people who are exactly like me is like being in solitary confinement.

I would like to point out that agnostic and athiest are no more alike than Christian and athiest. The only thing agnostic and athiest have in common is that they do not support many religions. But they are not themselves similar beliefs at all. In fact athiesm is in some ways more akin to religions that believe in God in that both groups are absolutely certain they know exactly what is going on and can think on the level of the creator even though they weren't there at the time of creation and by all external evidence aren't any smarter than your average person. Agnostics are quite different in that they know they don't know.