I need prayers to get me through the holdidays and next few months.

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by Daize, Nov 24, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Daize

Daize New Member

As most of you know, my mom passed away last March :( I have loving, fun, warm memories of her, however, as the holidays come upon, I feel happy/sad.

Dad is still with us and doing good and he is a wonderful dad/man, he tells me that we will see it through together, my sister and her family and me with my family.

Mom took very ill in December and all went down hill from there.

I just ask prayers to get me through.

thank you.

2. amberini

amberini New Member

One day at a time Ruth. You have your memories, you have your family and your .org family.

No need to relive the past. Instead concentrate on what you can do this season to honor the memory of your mom.

Maybe she loved to bake something or had another special holiday tradition. Pass it on, keep it going.

She is be proud of you.

When we are filled with this emptiness the best way to fill it up is to give to others who are in need.
    A food pantry, an Angel tree, Humane Society, all ways to help the memory of mom live on in a special way.

Big hugs to you, You will be fine!
    ...j

3. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

My prayers to you and your family Ruth. Many hugs to you. :-*

4. Butterfly

Butterfly I will learn to fly agian.

Aww Ruth many prayers for you. Holidays seem to be for me at least like a double edged sword. May you have peace my friend :-*

5. solari

solari Administrator Staff Member

Much love to you, Daize. You can bet I will be thinking of you and enveloping you with warm, loving energy today.

Ray

6. June-

June- New Member

The firsts are always the hardest after a loss. I believe you will be ok and feel your mother's loving presence as you take on each holiday task this year.

7. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

You and your family will be in my thoughts Ruth. I know it is going to be tough for you.

8. tm53

tm53 New Member

Got it Ruth.
    I remember the first holidays after Dad passed away a few years back.

9. cynthia

cynthia I hope to shed this body for a better one some day

May God show you in some special way that your Mother is not dead, she is still with you in spirit. Your mother is in heaven with God, the angels, and Jesus Christ. So my prayer for you in Jesus name is that God would allow your mother's presence to be felt and comfort you, knowing that one day you will be re united. It is like your mother has gone on a long trip and you are waiting to see her again.

10. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

i will be thinking of you ruth and i will ask the angels to wrap their wings around you and fill you with love and peace :-* :-*

11. Titus

Titus New Member

Heavenly Father, please hold Ruth in your arms through this season. Bless her and keep her well.

12. cc635

cc635 New Member

Prayers to you Ruth. I imagine it will be very tough on you all, but know that we are here for you and you can talk to us about it anytime.

13. GreatfulTed

GreatfulTed New Member

Will be thinking and praying for you during this time. Father God give her and the family peace of mind and peace of heart.
    The Holidays are tough but sounds like you got a lot of support and you know there are folks on this page that will always listen when things are getting tough.

14. Daize

Daize New Member

I thank each of you for the prayers, love, support.

:-*

Blessings to each of you.

15. rev

rev New Member

Holidays have always been tough for me, so I will be praying for you. I know how many ways they work on you.

16. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Hang in there Ruthie, and as you already know our situations are only a few months apart from being identical pretty much. :)

17. Daize

Daize New Member

thanks Chris :)

18. mcdizzy

mcdizzy "Now Who's the Dumbass Dumbass"

Much ((hugs)) Ruth...you are always in my prayers. May warm memories be with you through the holidays my friend.

19. cynthia

cynthia I hope to shed this body for a better one some day

You were on my mind this morning so I ask in Jesus name that God will send you His Holy Spirit the Comforter to bring you comfort and peace that passes all understanding to get you through the Holidays while you are missing your beloved Mother.

20. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

I am the only member of my family left. Holidays are hard. Thank God for beautiful memories and wonderful friends. That keeps me going.