I just created a video blog for Meniere's/ low salt recipes

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by amcostello, May 2, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. amcostello

amcostello New Member

Hi everyone,

After being a chef for years and being diagnosed with bilateral Meniere's when I was 16 (now 30) I just got laid off after 5 months of daily vertigo and finally have some time to share my culinary expertise with the rest of you. It's more labor intensive than I thought but my first video and posting is up and I hope you will check it out and be sure to follow my blog as I will make every effort to post a new video every week:

http://lowsodiumchef.blogspot.com/

Thanks,
    Anthony

2. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Very good stuff!
    Who's going to be your publisher? I have a story to tell, that includes some home cooked Italian dishes, and a long story about family celebrations, Menieres, life and death, loss and gain.....

On Dec. 9,2011 I weighed 169 pounds, all flabby and fat.
    My primary said, "Gina eat less,,and move more."
    So began my journey of slowly losing weight and moving, moving, moving!
    I have held steady at 121 pounds for 3 months now.
    It was work, but it was worth it, and I am healthy in that regards, and I really feel,pretty good about how I look!

I think I'll send you some pms with old family recipes and we can alter them to accommodate a low sodium diet, but I'm warning you, they won't taste as good!

Thanx, and have a lovely day! MANGIA!! As Tony Tantillo says!

3. tm53

tm53 New Member

Thanks Anthony!

4. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

I love this and I shared your blog on my blog. :)