I am Just Me

Discussion in 'Your Writer's Den' started by Tara, Jul 20, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Tara

Tara New Member

I don't really know what this is, it just came to me, just now, and I pretty much wrote whatever came out of my head.

I am Just Me.

There was a time when I felt a need to please everyone.
    I smiled all the time, and if you asked how I was I'd tell you I was great.
    The shy, quiet girl, quick to smile, slow to anger.
    I would pick and choose what I shared,
    Always worried about making everyone else happy.
    I am just me, I would say.
    Nothing special, nothing great.
    Just me.

As I grew, I learned to fit in.
    I smiled all the time, and if you asked how I was I'd tell you I was great.
    Quick to smile, slow to anger,
    Coming out of my shell a bit,
    But still I'd pick and choose what I shared,
    Always worried about making everyone else happy.
    I am just me, I would say.
    Nothing special, nothing great.
    Just me.

Though I was always smiling,
    Happiness seemed just beyond my grasp.
    I struggled,
    Trying to get the inner me to match the outer me.

And then I met a boy.
    Always smiling, and if you ask him how he is, he'll say he's great.
    He means it.
    Quick to smile, slow to anger.
    Sharing whatever is on his mind,
    Never stressing over making everyone else happy.
    But they are,
    Because his happiness is infectious.

These days, I don't feel the need to please everyone.
    The best I have is good enough.
    I smile all the time, and if you ask how I am, I'll say I'm great.
    Quick to smile, slow to anger,
    Sharing what's on my my mind,
    And hoping to pass along a smile.
    I am just me,
    Something special, something great.
    Just me.

2. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

You are truly something special, something great. So is he!

You are so talented!
    I feel like I'm right there trying to grasp that emotion.
    Very touching.

3. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Tara - really beautiful. From what I know of you, it's truth from the heart. Great writing.

4. Funshine

Funshine New Member

Tara, what you have written is so insightful and inspiring!
    Lessons learned.

5. Tara

Tara New Member

:)

Thanks, peeps.

6. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

You're a much better writer than I am. I look forward to the next one.

7. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

It's good. Very good. I see the special.

8. Tara

Tara New Member

Thanks. There is probably much more that goes into the transformation I seem to be undergoing these days, but this is the root of it. I was tempted to play around with it, but I generally kill things when I edit them. My best work is generally straight out of my head. I edit (somewhat) when I post to my blogs (I have two), but I have learned not to do the same with my poetry.

9. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Sounds like fun! Your blogs must be lively and interesting. Keep writing :)

10. Tara

Tara New Member

One is a personal blog, and one is about my love of my city. That one I haven't put as much in because for some reason, I worry that people won't like it. I am not sure what that is about lol. All of my sites are currently down, because in a moment of brain fog, I forgot to transfer the funds for my hosting payment into my paypal, and they are suspended (they don't mess around, it's not even that late, lol). So... funds transferred, and awaiting them to show up. lol.

11. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Sorry to go off topic but paypal SUCKS!!

12. Tara

Tara New Member

Yeah, but it's pretty much my option for my web hosting, so... A lot of places take debit now, so I use that if I can. I also get my funds from my Zazzle store in my paypal account.

13. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

They pulled the old if you get it paid in such and such time there's no interest rate. Well I paid the minimum (without calculations) and didn't get it paid off so course so ended up with 12 months of interest to pay! Now I notice the advertisement is spelled out a little better. Yes, I was stupid but fool me once...and you can forget it!

14. Tara

Tara New Member

I am confused. Why are you paying paypal? I just use it to pay things?

15. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Oh, I had an emergency a while back with my dog Quincee. My own credit card was maxed out at the time so couldn't use that. I set it up to pay his bills and got caught in the scheme of the stupid and only paid what they told me to each month. It was kinda like a credit card. Are you using it for something else? I have a debit card through my bank account and they atuomatically take the money, like, now. Can you set up a paypal like that?

16. Tara

Tara New Member

I didn't know you could do that. I just transfer funds from my account to paypal to pay my hosting fees, or if I want to buy anything online, that accepts paypal. It takes planning though, since I don't have a CC, it takes up to 10 days to transfer in. I also get some payments from things I do online into my paypal, and then I transfer it into my bank account, or leave it there to pay things. So, I'm using my own money.

17. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

We used Paypal for Luna, well hubs did. He doesnt like to use it much. We have a special credit card that we only use for online purchases, so that if it gets compromised in any way, we can cut it of like that, snap of fingers!

Our debit card is what we usually use. Grocery shopping, gas, extras, it helps to keep us on track since that and our American Express card is what we usually stick to.
    Hopefully, with hubs going back to work next week, we will be solvent in time for Christmas shopping.
    Hubs does the finances. We have no savings but we are doing okay.
    Holly, I hope you get it figured out! You're so much better than I with computer stuff. I leave all that to hubs and he's trying to teach me but I'm slow to learn and have to do things over and over until I get it figured out! Way to go to Ninja and Holly for being so good with computers and for helping each other figure it out!
    I'm on an IPad, so this right click, double click stuff doesn't apply to me. I think that just makes it harder to learn.
    T still haven't even tried moving pics from photbucket to here.
    Watch out, when I get it figured out, a lot of people will be complaining about my pic posts! LOL!
    Have a good day, sorry for the hijack, this is what happens when I stay away and I come back! I miss my pals!

G

18. Tara

Tara New Member

Gina, Photobucket has an iPhone/iPod app, you should see if it's good for iPad too.

19. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I'll try it...I will...I will, not now! Lol!
    Thanx for the info, son is going to show me someday.....

Ok, I'm procrastinating and I know it. Too much going on to sit still for too long!

:)