How long does this last?

Discussion in 'For Friends & Families of Menierians' started by mdln, Aug 3, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. mdln

mdln New Member

My Mom has md. I have heard that is lasts for 3 years. She is almost at the three year mark. Just curious how long md has lasted for everyone, can it go away, is the three year mark a myth? etc. Thanks for your time.

2. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Well, the three year mark is a myth for most people and I've never heard anyone say that's what they were told. I myself was diagnosed about 13 years ago, but the truth is, I've had symptoms off and on for much longer. When you say she's had it for 3 years, what do you mean? Do you mean she's had symptoms for all that time or she was diagnosed 3 years ago? There are many things that can be done to treat the symptoms of MM, but no cure as of yet. Many people, myself included, have a relatively easy time of it. I've been in remission for years at a time. Others have life changing symptoms like severe vertigo lasting hours. I would repost this in the Living Room and see if you can get more replies. (Just let them know you posted in Friends and Family and got no response). There are people here with lots of experience - including those who have had the surgery you referenced in your other post. Hang in there. There's help.

3. mdln

mdln New Member

Yes, had symptoms for three years, diagnosed after that. Thank you for your answer. I will post in the other section.

4. Ladysmokeater

Ladysmokeater Peace be with you my friend

Im popping past the three year mark. Not an accurate number. Its pretty individual.