How I healed myself

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by wonderin, Jun 18, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. wonderin

wonderin New Member

Kye, if after you have a bit of a read you feel the method could help you, let me know and I'll post you another book free of charge. Gotta love that puppy spirit!

2. Titus

Titus New Member

My PT used laser therapy on my occipital area and I was a bit suspicious of it. It was a hand held device and cost thousands. There was a certain setting based on the muscle/area being treated. I have no idea what frequency or type of laser it was but, after a few treatments, she let me self- treat with it.

3. goofygirl

goofygirl WDE!!!

Hey, did it help?

4. Titus

Titus New Member

Unfortunately, no. A lot of things she did helped but the herniated disc actually got a bit worse. I had better core strength, better posture, and more knowledge but the disc is still pressing on a nerve. If I thought that one problem was causing all my issues, I'd get the operation tomorrow but I know it is more complicated than that. My jaw got knocked hard and it dislocated the TMJ. I know that's part of it. How much? I don't know. I know my brainstem was injured in the car accident but how much of that causes the symptoms? I don't know.

5. goofygirl

goofygirl WDE!!!

Too bad..it sounds interesting,though. Wouldn't it be wonderful if something non-invasive could be developed...sigh

6. Titus

Titus New Member

Yes it would. I'm getting a vein on the back of my leg zapped with a laser in August. It developed when I was only 17 and wore those stupid knee high stockings. It somehow cut off the circulation and a vein appeared. Lately, it started looking worse so when I had my annual skin cancer check, I asked him if he could do anything and he said two laser sessions would totally get rid of it. You can also get an injection but the laser is the same cost and I always take the least invasive route if possible.

7. wonderin

wonderin New Member

Questioning old thinking habits..

Everything changed for me when I finally realised the value in questioning my old thinking patterns. I had thought that what I thought was so right for so long, that it was quite an eye opener to challenge that. Here are just a few examples:

I have tried everything. Had I? I questioned this and found a whole heap of things I hadn’t tried.

Diagnoses like “cervical spondylosis” means I’m destined to pain for the rest of my life as the joint is damaged. This was an interesting one as how can you argue with an actual picture of the spine? Well of course, you can’t, but that doesn’t mean you can’t look at the problem from a different perspective. I asked myself, "Do all people with wear and tear on the spine suffer pain?" The answer was fascinating... we ALL acquire some deterioration over the years. In fact, many people’s spines were far worse off than mine yet they suffered no pain. Of course, this led to my next question, "So what makes the difference?"

Everything that works is expensive. Turns out the good stuff was free.

Only someone who is qualified can do physical work on my body. Another big eye opener. Once I learnt what it was that physical therapists focus on (that is, achieving balance and strength in the body) I realised that I was by far and away the best person for the job. I didn't need to know the names of my muscles, or of my bones, or of my nerves, all I had to do was re-aquaint myself with my own body's health clues.

Everyone’s agreeing with me so I must be right. The more people agree with us, the less likely we are to question our thinking. This was why Einstein once said, “You cannot solve problems using the same kind of thinking that created them in the first place.”

It's so easy to keep thinking along the same lines we always think. But what I did 12 years ago was identify my key beliefs about healing and challenge them. It was the most powerful hour of my life.

8. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Wondering, this is a great post! It gave mE lots to think about. I haven't meditated in months, I've been busy, busy, I need to reserve time to meditate, unless a three hour nap, praying yourself to sleep, with a kitten nuzzled by your neck counts?

Really, really cool way to think, I like it!

9. bertito

bertito The greatest composer who ever lived.

I am glad that you "healed" yourself, but I wouldn't take credit for it. Your symptoms could have gone away without your self treatment, we just do not know. My Oto has told me time after time that what it works for one, it may not work for others, this is just the nature of our disease. He further said to me: "Don't thank me if you began to feel better after the gent shots, you could have felt better without them". "There is no cure for Meniere's".

If there were a specific treatment or a miracle pill that cure our disease, everybody in this forum would have gone away, but we are still here waiting for that.

I am NOT being pesimistic, I want to be cured of this horrible illness, but I must also to be realistic.

Bert.

10. wonderin

wonderin New Member

Good on you Gina.

Fair enough Bert. I wish you well.