How Are You Feeling Today?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by lulu48, Jul 18, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Not too good.I woke up today constipated.Yesterday I bought a footlong sub at the Subway.I had 6 inches for lunch and the rest for dinner.Too much bread I think.So this morning I took a fleet enema.For dinner tonight I had some scrambled eggs.

2. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Just finished jogging 2.8 miles and I feel awesome. No high is better than the one from working out.

3. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Dump the sandwich (pardon the pun!) and load up on fresh green vegetables and fiber. Also, walk as much as you can every day to aid transit.

4. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Good advice.I haven't been walking very much lately.Thanks Intrepid.
    David

5. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

I hope you're feeling much better today David.

6. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

O H, I ACHE ALL OVER. MUST BE THE SNOWFALL CAUSING IT.

7. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

After 5 days of crappy grey skies, it is SUNSHINE weather again. My heart is nourished when the sun is out and I can't wait to be outdoors underneath it. My life force is tied to the sun and heat; not sure why. I honestly could not live in a place with snow, cold, damp, rain, etc. It would kill me.

8. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Well I ache in my lower back and in my knees and thighs.But my aches are due to moving furniture and cleaning floors.Amy's been helping me but I still have some pains.And it is all because tomorrow Friday the exterminator is coming in the morning to eradicate my apartment from bed bugs.So today I'll drive over to my daughters house,eat some turkey and drive back back home as I still need to do some odds and ends.

9. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Make sure you squat down instead of leaning over and arching your back when you lift stuff up and set it down.

10. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Worried :(

My daughter has had issues with dizziness over the last 2 years or so but today she had her first veering experience. Please all hope that she never moves on to vertigo.

She's only 22 and working on her career and certainly doesn't have time for this crap!

11. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Oh no :( I'd be worried out of my mind too. I sure hope it is nothing serious. It's not a nice feeling to be dizzy.

12. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

It hurts my heart to hear of someone else having problems with dizziness. Especially someone so young, Caroline. :(

I'll keep your little girl in my prayers. Caring hugs to both of you. ♥

13. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Thanks Ladies xx

It's a worry for sure. :( She suffers from migraine so I usually write off the dizzies to that but the veering has me a little more worried about her. Although miserable to experience, she usually takes it in stride but the intensity of the dizziness and the veering scared her yesterday.

She works a full-time job, plus a part-time job and is doing her Degree part-time in University so she is a busy young lady.

14. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Don't want to minimize what she is experiencing, however, it would be a good idea to check into her posture. With the two jobs and school (been there done that), her neck and shoulders are most likely messed up from bad posture. Add texting and excessive smart phone usage to the mix and you have a perfect recipe for cervicogenic vertigo.....which does involve the veering you mention.

I'm willing to bet that this is coming from messed up neck muscles and bad posture.

15. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Good point Intrepid ... thanks for pointing that out. I didn't even think along those lines as MAV was my first thought.

Her posture isn't the greatest. Will mention it to her. xx

16. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Is your daughter feeling better yet, Caroline?

17. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

Hope your daughter is feeling better. No matter the age, worry never ends.

18. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Yes ... she's doing better thanks. No repeat of the veering so fingers crossed.

I told her to focus on her posture to see if that helps. I think Intrepid is on to something there.

She had a Final Exam yesterday and the subway had a problem and shut down so she had to hike a long way to get there on time without bringing on any dizziness so I'm pretty sure it's not anxiety related but she is somewhat anxious with everything she has one her plate right now. Ughhh ... so many triggers to sort out. :p

Thanks for caring my friends xx

19. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

The sun is out! Blue skies! I was out all day and it felt awesome.

20. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Finally! :D