holly in spirit

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by hollymm, Nov 12, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

While I don't consider myself religious as I don't speak to any specific doctrine, I do have spiritual thoughts and a path that, I hope will lead me to myself. I pray the tinnitus won't be so bad today. I pray that my friends here get through the day without the worst part of this disease taking over. I give thanks that I don't have some of the horrible symptoms that are written throughout this web-site.

My thoughts go out to everyone here. I come to this forum to get the uplift I need to help get through the worst of my days. Migraines come from the screen when I've been on for too long. It's why I can no longer read the books talked about so often on this web site. This site and in particular this forum, really helps me get through the day and I give thanks that it is still here.

2. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Thank you Holly.. I hope you have a great day.

3. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

In my opinion HollyM - that's perfectly fine and probably pleases God as much as someone who sits in church 5 days a week.

4. Butterfly

Butterfly I will learn to fly agian.

Thanks Holly-right back at you friend :)

5. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Well, that post was started around 6:00 this morning. I'm having trouble sleeping and can't figure out why. I keep waking up at odd hours and thinking about the site. I wonder about your lives and how you manage to even have a job to go to. How you make it through the day. What keeps you from just staying in your bed feeling sick with the whole disease. To actually get up not knowing if the monster of vertigo, dizziness, drop attack, or tinnitus will come looking for you today.

I could barely go to work towards the end. I missed a lot of days waiting for my disability to be approved so I could try to 'get over' this illness. I realize now that I never will and that's ok. I've come to terms with it. How do you, any of you go about your 'normal' daily routine without fear? Is it your faith alone that stays by your side throughout the day?

6. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Hi Holly, not all of us can continue to work. I myself have hardly worked at all since Feb. 2009. I really miss working and my friends there.

For me, no matter how I feel, I try to remind myself that there are people who are way worse off than me and no matter how much I hate this thing it is not going to kill me.

I think you have a good attitude and we understand that it isn't always easy.

7. Jazza

Jazza Saved by Grace Thru Christ Jesus

I too miss going into an office and being part of the hub-bub of the place.

My hubby hasn't worked for 3.5 years and I haven't been able to work for 8 years. We have a sickness benefit we live on and it is tough. You know you adjust and find ways to make it stretch.

Our house is paid off so we are fortunate like that and don't have that pressure. Here in Australia most people are struggling to pay a mortgage. So I feel very blessed to have the roof over my head paid off.

I used to get upset we couldn't do some things which cost money anymore BUT I have learned to enjoy the things we can manage and that I think that has turned things around for me. The RIGHT Attitude to what you have and what you can do can make a difference. Being content with your lot and finding joy in little things. Being Thankful for what you have.

8. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Holly you are such a sweetheart. You bring so much life and positivity to this forum and I feel truly blessed to be able to call you my friend. :-* Prayers to you that you have many many wonderful symptom free days ahead of you.

9. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

back atcha lulu. Hey when are we gonna see the new do?

10. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Well thank God that so far all I have is the slight ringing, hearing loss and fullness in right ear, and the occasional swooshing sounds at night while I try and sleep. But none of that has prevented me from working a 40 hour work week and I'm grateful for that fact.

11. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Yeah chris, you're a pretty lucky guy. I hope that's all it ever gets and less ;). It's around 4:00 a.m. here and I woke up thinking of this place once again. I think I'm getting hooked! My spirit keeps guidung me to this site. Even my facebook doesn't get an eighth of my portion of time around here! I've come to know a number of you rather closely. Your replies tell me an awful lot about you and the PMs are great. Of course that's easy to say, it does the same thing for a lot of us. I was trying to browse on other MM sites and didn't find any near the the members of this site. Maybe I was looking in the wrong place but from what I hear some of you guys say, this is the best.

This stupid disease has wrapped it's fingers around my head and has kinda crushed it. It's impossible to get away from it. I pray sometimes to let me get a little relief for just a little while. But I guess it's the way it is. I am glad that so many of you are able to have jobs and somehow work through this beast. Yes, I used the word pray. I know I'm not from a religious place but it's the best word I can think or for what I do when I talk to my spirit self. I've still got a long way to go to uderstand where that ending place is. But I keep trying as I have for so many years. This forum is helping me get there but I don't know why.

12. Daize

Daize New Member

Thank you Holly. Blessings to you.

13. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Holly since we are all have different 'levels' if you will of MM it all depends on each of us. I can work, drive, have a few beers.. but damn if it's gonna rain tomorrow I can't do any of it. My job installed all of my work stuff on my personal lap top in case I'm afraid to drive I can work from home, they also had FMLA set up for me before I even considered it. If I get here and get bad, someone will drive me home. I have enough Faith that I can make it, Faith I will have someone around me in this world or the spiritual world to get me where I''m going safely. So far so good.
    Just a note Holly, I pray for everyone on this sight nightly regardless if you believe or not. Hope you have relief today.

14. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I've been mostly gone from the forum for a couple days. I wanted to find out if the migraines I've been getting are because I've been reading to much on the screen. I had to quit reading books because of it. My migraines went away...it makes me sad to think I'm now getting to a point that I can't share as much as I like because of migraines coming my way from, once more, reading too much. I need just a little break here, just a little one...

15. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Hey Holly - have you thought about 'talking books'? It could be quite relaxing to sit comfortably or lie down with your eyes closed listening to someone reading a book out loud. Just a thought.

16. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

:D :D :D I'd need closed captions!!! I can't hear well enough to understand what's being said! I really cracked up at your post though INS ;D Thanks, I needed that - once more you hit the spot.

17. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

I've got an idea - what about your local troupe of amateur actors - they could come over to your place and act out stories from books in mime. Or dance. There is nothing more enjoyable than watching mime or interpretive dance. Note HEAVY sarcasm here. Shudder!

18. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Yea, sure and break all my furniture! I spent 50$ on that chair!!

19. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Hmmm. We are running out of options. And furniture...;)