His will be done

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by blessed, Oct 20, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. blessed

blessed New Member

Ever notice how hard we fight to give up what we think is right for us. I have done alot of stressing over my job for the last couple of months, and especially the past couple of weeks due to my lack of understanding speech. Anyone who has read my posts in the Living Room already know this and probably wish I would move on. Well, you know what...that is what I am going to do. If I have to leave this job, I am just going to take it as God's will that it is time for me to move on. He will never just leave me high and dry. Maybe He sees better things for my future. Whenever God shuts a door, a window is openend, right?? I haven't been to church in awhile because of my hearing and I think that because of that, I have drifted away from my faith. I still pray, study and read at home but it it is so important to have the prayers and fellowship of other Believers. Who knows what He has in store. I may be at the same job until I retire, but then again I may not. It won't be the end of the world.

Charisse, thank you so much for referring to this site in another post you sent me over in the Living Room. I am going to be visiting over here alot. I also read the post on The Battlefield of the Mind. Although I have read the book before, it is well worth reading again. Have you all started that yet?

2. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

blessed,

No we haven't I will start it tomorrow. I just love her book. One thing she talks about is rereading the things we have learned from the bible, because we forget. I have to remember this too as those neg thoughts creep in. Satan has a field day with us when we don't put on the full armor of God. It would be great to have with us. We will read 2 chapters a week and then discuss it. You are right when you say God will never leave you high and dry. One of the hardest things to do is let go of what we know and trust it will be ok.

3. blessed

blessed New Member

Sounds wonderful. I will get my book out and check in again tomorrow. I think I am going to call it a night tonight. I might be back. Sometimes I don't sleep well on the Prednisone.

BTW, what time zone are you in? I am in Central.

Goodnight and God Bless,

Trina

4. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

I'm an hour ahead of you. The thing with the study is we may not all be here at once. People will post when they are free to. Wish we could all to it at the same time. Come here tomorrow and I will have something posted on the thread Battle field of the mind. Sometimes we get a few that will be on at once. I just check in to see what others have said throughout the day.

5. rev

rev New Member

Trina,
    Welcome to the Corner. Many of us have great difficulty in attending church services. There are a lot of wonderful folks of great faith around here. Glad you found this and I hope it will help meet your needs.

6. Cathy

Cathy New Member

Trina,

So glad you joined us! Keep posting here. We have great fellowship through Rev's Bible study, now Charisse's book study, and Kim's daily Bible postings and thought postings. God bless you.

7. Titus

Titus New Member

Trina, Our church is growing! Welcome! You are in my prayers.

Kim

8. Willie Marie

Willie Marie New Member

Praying for your job situation. I'm so thankful for the job I have--it is quiet and the people are understanding--but I'm constantly aware of the fact that I'm not guaranteed to be able to work even tomorrow. I also understand not being able to go to church as often as you would like. I am still able to go most of the time (thanks to earplugs) but do have to miss more often than I've ever had to miss since I was saved. I don't like it--and we DO need the fellowship.

Anyway, that said--I'm praying for you.

Willie Marie