He's Baaaaaaack! And mostly cured...

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Papajoe, Apr 19, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. luckyswife

luckyswife New Member

I scored a 10...... :mad:.

2. burd

burd New Member

Got a 7. That's good. I don't need more hoops to jump through to get through the day.

3. Papajoe

Papajoe Myco-dental Freak of Nature

Don't be sad. That knowledge could be the ticket to your improvement.

4. Papajoe

Alas, I don't see it as a hoop to jump through, as much as an indication of what to focus on. A 10 is (in my own warped mind) a good thing, because it gives you something some hope, because if it is yeast, it can be cured.

If you took the test prior to reading "Heal your headache" and diet changes, would you still have scored a 7?

5. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

I scored a 5 and that is with checking off having taken 'the pill' more than 3 years but I'm not sure I should've checked yes on that as I haven't taken the pill for the past 4 years. I took it for many years before menopause. Anyway my score was pretty low.

6. Papajoe

Then a yeast infection probably isn't your cause. Bummer. Not that I'm wishing yeast infections on anyone, but because yeast infections can be cured.

Keep searching!

7. KTabc

KTabc Cheese Head Dumbass

I scored 9--I only added those points I was absolutely sure of. I am currently taking Valtrex, serc and on the JOH regime ( for about 6 weeks), lo-sodium diet,duetric. I had been doing very well until last Tuesday when the pressure started to build. Slight dizziness, light-headiness, fog is back. Not bad, I can work. However, I slept from 8:30 Saturday night until 11:00 am. Sunday morning. Hearing was gone in my left ear when I woke up Monday. I can't for the life of me figure out what I am eating that may be causing my symptoms.

Could you please post a list of what you eat in a typical day? I am a picky eater, and I need some ideas of what to put in my body.

8. AaronsMom

AaronsMom New Member

I scored a 9 :(. I also have IBS-D. Had it for years before MM.

9. Papajoe

I'll -p
    I'll post later (either tonight or tomorrow). I'm on my way out the door...

10. Papajoe

Find yourself a GI or allergy doc that treats intestinal yeast....

11. AaronsMom

AaronsMom New Member

I wonder if my PCP could help me or does it have to be an allergy doc? She did give me anti-virals to try when my ENT wouldn't, but they didn't work for me.

12. Papajoe

I think any MD could do that. If you do get treatment for yeast, and if it helps, then you might try the anti-virals again later.

13. burd

burd New Member

I had to go back and look at the test and do it again with the way it was before my migraine awareness and changes. And yep, still a 7.

I've been down the yeast overproduction phase a few times in my life, at least the times that I have been extremely aware of. It's been a very very long time. Fingers crossed.

14. Papajoe

To solve a yeast problem you have to starve it as well as use anti-fungal medications. That means no sugar (at least for a few months), so no fruit, very little starches, no wheat, or dairy & no prepared foods. Most folks have seen the elimination diet I posted here. This is a bit more extreme since it disallows fruit.

It can be a bit hard to get used to, but usually you can cut out most of the disallowed stuff it in a few weeks, then keep at it for a few months until you can eat them again without symptoms.

Today, I've eaten nuts, raw carrots, sliced turkey, blue corn chips, sauteed chicken (in olive oil) and broccoli.

Yesterday was roast beef & spaghetti squash and homemade chicken soup with celery and carrots.

Sunday was Hormel Naturals uncured bacon. Fish for lunch. Spaghetti squash for dinner.

Saturday was uncured bacon, bratwurst, stir fry w/ beef, carrots, celery & yellow squash & brown rice.

I snack on walnuts, pecans, raw carrots, squash, blue corn chips (which is probably cheating).

Several types of squash & zucchini, broccoli, brussel sprouts, jicama, carrots, cucumbers.

I do eat the occasional starch, but not every meal. Brown rice is better than white rice.

It does take willpower so it depends on how bad you want to get well :)

15. burd

burd New Member

I've heard that breaking a sugar habit is as rough as detoxing from heroin.  This came from a person that had broke both habits.  Well I don't know what heroin withdrawal is like, but I am a sugar junkie, whether its natural from fruits or pure maple syrup or turbinado, or it's manipulated in something deliciously decadent like baked goods or a candy treat, or sweetened convenient products like cereals and soy milks, and I am wondering if you had cravings from anything you cut out and how you deal with it.  I don't eat alot but I eat it regularly. I have tried in the past, seriously cutting back, and I get all fidgetty and bitchy. LOL

16. Papajoe

My wife is cooking brownies. If I didn't love her dearly, I'd hate her.

17. burd

burd New Member

Oh she's just cruel. ;) I'm getting fidgetty just thinking of brownies...
    ...I need a sugar fix.

18. egross

egross New Member

My husband came home today with 2 enormous home make chocolate cupcakes with creamy chocolate icing sprinkled with tiny chocolate chips with a little oreo cookie on top, given to him by a grateful customer. I must say I couldn't resist. I played today, I so hope I don't pay tomorrow. Time will tell.......

19. Papajoe

Problem is, if you do pay, it won't be in a way that you can point to the cupcakes. If he truly had your best interest at heart, he would have eaten them himself ;D

20. KTabc

KTabc Cheese Head Dumbass

Thanks for the list of foods. I have been adding seeds and nuts to my diet. And, I like them! It would be very difficult to give up fruit. You are super strong. With a score of 9, is it something worth looking into?