Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Karenplus8, Apr 15, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Karenplus8

Karenplus8 New Member

Hi I am Karen mom to seven kids. I was diagnosed with Menieres a month or so ago. I am almost always dizzy and now that I am on a water pill my ears are only painfully full the later part of the day and when I am sleeping. ::) Can't up my medication because I have low BP. Thankfully Vertigo attacks have not been daily thing but I did get dizzy while driving yesterday so now I am fearful of getting behind the wheel. My husband has been great but he doesn't understand all of what I am going through. My house is getting out of hand and it seems that some days I can barely get dinner on the table. :-\ Half the time I feel like a failure and that its my fault I am sick and all this isn't real. The half of the time I just want to give up. I just can't keep up with everything I need to do. I have an MRI tomorrow because a test showed something else might be going on. I almost hope they find something wrong because I feel like I am going crazy. Anyway when I am having a good day I love to sew, read, cook, and make lotions. I homeschool my kids and love to be in the middle of crafts and experiments.

2. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Hi, Karen,
    Another mom with a crazy brood here too. Five kids ranging in age from 23 to 3! I know exactly how you feel with regards to this "invisible illness" and so do many others here. Let me tell you -- it's real alright. :) It might be helpful for your husband to speak with your doctor or do some reading up on this disease himself. Unfortunately, we can't make anyone understand what they haven't gone through, but hopefully he can gain some insight into the things that come along with MM -- the fatigue, the brain fog, the vertigo and nausea -- and get to a place where he is empathetic. You have a lot on your plate. Give yourself some grace and let others help you if they offer it. Teach your older children what it means to serve and delegate where possible.

Breathe, read through some success stories here, and decide if there is something you'd like to try for yourself. Someone said around here that the mental battle cannot be underestimated and I agree. You are not defined by this disease. You are still you.

3. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Do you have any other family members who can help you out?Also ask church members if anyone would be willing to volunteer to help you out and also do some driving for you.

4. Karenplus8

Karenplus8 New Member

No family other then who is in my household. But I have some really really good friends and a great church family.

5. Gracie

Gracie New Member

Hello Karen. Hope that your friends are there for you.