Hearing

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Ray50, Oct 5, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Ray50

Ray50 New Member

HELLO

Sometimes i do simple hearing measurements , that is i keep a clock at a fixed distance from my ears to see if i hear or not .

Im not sure if i am right that my hearing (in still good ear ) is worse when im lying down (horizontal position ) compared to sitting or standing position.

Does anybody experience the same thing or any explanation.

Thanks
    Ray

2. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

I cannot say if this is typical, Ray, but it is my understanding that some of us have selective hearing. THis is confounding and utterly frustrating for me. It is tiring, eh? I guess that some frequencies simply cut out.
    Paul

3. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Hi Ray -

It can be difficult to measure our own hearing since it fluctuates so much. Yes, it can be an indicator that we need to see the doctor for an audiogram. Have you done that yet?

4. Ray50

Ray50 New Member

Hi Linda
    As a matter of fact i have done audiometry for 16 years and all have hown sensori-neural hearing loss with variable patterns but
    progressive . But as you know most of us do not want to surrender to this ugly monster . So everynight i try to measure my hearing with the HOPE to hear better than yesterday (Am i fool Ha? ).

Kind Regards
    Ray

5. pardonme

pardonme Guest