Have you ever suffered from any of these problems?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by sirlanc, Mar 6, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

?

Have you ever suffered from any of these problems?

1. Anxiety/Panic/Phobias

15 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Non-disabling Depression

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. Disabling Depression

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. Bipolar Disorder

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Personality Disorders

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Seasonal Affective Disorder

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  7. Other Mental condition (please add a note)

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. None of the Above

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I have the opposite problem. I tell myself every day is a good day to start and then I don't :p

2. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

Thought I would add this to the discussion as I find this very interesting,This guy on the mav site posted this about Chronic Subjective Dizziness which he got from the Mayo clinic.

''They gave me a diagnosis of "Chronic Subjective Dizziness." They describe this as a conditioned response to a real trauma (such as bppv or an ear infection) where the body gets into a habit of constantly adjusting to the trauma even though it has already passed. The brain is overexcited and looking for patterns and moving back and forth to adjust to what it perceives as motion. They claim it is not a psychiatric condition but rather a 'software glitch' where the brain is stuck with an inability to adjust back to the reactions that I made pre-trauma. .''

3. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Is this a psychological disorder or a neurological disorder or a combo of both?

When the poster says "conditioned," it sounds like it is an internalized response to stimuli and is behavioral.

4. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

These are the drunkest countries in the world, according to the World Health Organization. The U.S.A did not make the list :D

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/17/drunkest-countries-in-the-world_n_824757.html#s242064&title=1_The_Republic

5. james

I kind of got that too and thinking it might be changeable.

6. james

You people are not drinking enough in the USA.

7. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

That's because we're busy having lots of sex ;D

8. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

James, as the resident Sweden expert I have a question for you. I'm reading the Millenium series (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, etc), and I was commenting to my wife that I've never seen people drink as much coffee as the characters in the book do. Do Swedes really drink coffee all day long?

9. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

You're finally reading the Millennium series! Do you like it so far? I got them on Kindle thanks to Chris about a year ago.

10. Wino

I finished the first two books and loved them. I have to wait for the wife to finish the third book so I can start it. I love them so far.

11. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

We're not going to agree on this point but I thought the American version of the movie was crap. The original ones were tons better. Plus the chick was way hotter :D

12. Wino

I've only watched the American version and I enjoyed it on it's own merits. I'm not opposed to the Swedish version, but I like Rooney Mara just fine.

13. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I guess. Lisbeth Salander will always be Noomi Rapace for me. She was total bada$$.

14. Wino

Now, I'll agree with you about La Femme Nikita, where the European version was far better than that garbage with Bridget Fonda.

15. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Sounds like we have the same taste in women..

16. james

You bet we do,I am sipping coffee as I type.Sweden has I think the highest coffee consumption of any country in the world.People are always having ''fika'' or coffee breaks,it also means usually meeting your friends. The coffee is really delicious here.

I couldn't get into the ''Girl with the Dragon tatoo'' ,too many characters for my taste and so much takes place in my neighborhood that I found it hard to envision.But just last week there was a shootout near my job from some people who robbed a gold store.

17. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Is there a particular brand of coffee that is more popular? Also, is it like the American coffee or made in a percolator?

18. Wino

American coffee is horrible, but I drink it because I need the caffeine and it's the only thing we have at work. I should amend that. Not "all" American coffee is horrible. Just the generic stuff like Maxwell House and Folger's.

19. james

I agree with you Wino on the American coffee,it's like drinking tea after you get used to the coffee here.

Popular brands are Gevalia,they have that coffee club that used to be in the airline magazines.
    I like that or this brand called Classic,their French roast is wonderful.Ikea serves another good brand Löffbergs lilla.I use a regular drip maker.Really popular now are those single serve machines.

20. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

I loved my single serve machine -- I had a Keurig and it was awesome. I ended up spending soooo much money a week on coffee because it was too easy to drink it all day long so I took it back. Now I have a French press and it is without a doubt the richest, best tasting cup of coffee ever. Not nearly as convenient though. The upside is, I only make a cup of coffee when I really want one, not just because it's there.