hard to keep faith right now

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by dizzy in albuquerque, Sep 14, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

Oh Terry! Please don’t mistake emotions for faith. You feel sad and empty emotionally. And despite that, you still express faith! “I still love God and my beliefs are still strong.”

Emotions are fickle. We are all dealing with so much crap, we experience any number of emotions and justifiably so.

Your emotions say: I feel sad and empty and I don’t like that place.

Your faith says: God and my beliefs are still strong. God will never bring me to harm.

See the difference?

So you don’t need to buck up your faith. You need someone to extend a hand and pull you out of that sad, empty room; cheer you up and give you a big hug.

:) :-* {hug!}

No Bible thumping here. Just speaking my heart to a friend that I love and respect.

2. luckyswife

luckyswife New Member

I must admit,I went through a period like this too,for quite some time.My husband would say,God only gives us what we can handle.I would be so down and my response would be "This is to much for me to handle,so where is God".I felt myself slipping real fast as far as faith.This is coming from someone who went to Catholic school all through middle school.I would lay awake at night and ask why,I am a good person.Then,some how,some way..I had an awakining.Not sure why or how,but started thinking..God isn't doing this,maybe he just cant make me better.I pray every night now.Instead of praying so much for myselF,I pray for others and I thank God for every good day I have (which are few lately).Sometimes I'll get mad again and yell in my prayers.Like,why do people suffer,why do good people die.These things I still do not understand.
    So,I do understand you.I know you said it's not for reasons of being sick ect, but what ever your reason...I understand and it dosn't make you a bad person. :)

3. burd

burd New Member

PrimaDonna and Luckyswife, you say such beautiful and kind things, I can see they are from your heart, and for that I thank you deeply. :-*

Dizzy in Albuquerque, I'm sorry if it appears I have run over your thread. (you're probably thinking...get your own dang thread! :D) I am in this room so little and found your thread and it brought up feelings I am still surprised I put out there.

4. Artlover

Artlover it's a crazy world.

hang in there, Dizzy. I eventually found things that helped me but it took alot of trial and error. Keep trying until you find what works for you. l, Sally

5. i don't mind everyone talking on this thread. no problem.

I had a decent day today and am gratefu to God.

I drove to the hairdresser for a cut and booked a high/low light for next month - decided to splurge - i haven't done that in many years. I drove to the grocery store too without too many problems. BF picked me up and we went to several places i felt better than usual so i'm grateful. Hope it lasts. Supposed to cool down here some.

My BF always tells me God doesn't give us more than we can handle and I believe that just when it's really really bad you start wondering how much more i can take.

Thanks all.

chris