Going to Germany- Orthokine

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by gfsound, Jan 30, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. gfsound

gfsound New Member

Ahhh, the "YET" is the key. Mr. Dizzy and I will make sure we find something for you. :D If not, I've heard that water is good for you- maybe I'll try some of that with you. ;)

2. mrdizzy

mrdizzy New Member

What is this water substance you speak of??

3. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

:D :D :D

4. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

So you're doing the SS vaccine? Good for you! Please let us know how it works either way.

I can't recall but did you ever have grommets/tubes put in? Might be something simple to try for a couple weeks before to start the vaccine.

5. gfsound

gfsound New Member

No grommets, no tubes, no transtympanic injections, no surgery. I'm REALLY trying to avoid anything invasive if possible; I'm trying everything systemic first. Hopefully I don't reach the point where surgery or more invasive treatments are necessary. I will most definitely keep everyone updated on my progress, just as I have with Germany. Good, bad, or ugly, I''ll share all.

6. Angelea

Angelea New Member

***BUMP***

I don't want to miss out on Tahiti!

7. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Thanks Katniss! We're talking about wine and Tahiti? I would have missed it if you hadn't bumped it. ;D
    If we start a Meniere's colony on Fiji or Tahiti, count me in! Greg can mix the drinks, Sarita can teach yoga and Angelea can make sure we're all eating right. Not sure where I fit in, but I'll think of something! (I'll probably end up cleaning if it's anything like home, LOL)

8. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Agreed!

9. rondrums

rondrums Bilateral

W.C. Fields said, "I never drink water. Did you ever see what that stuff does to your shoes?"

10. KennedyLane

KennedyLane New Member

I noted some comments SS made on other sites regarding his concerns with Orthokine... something about shorter life-span in animals treated with Orthokine (possibly systemically???) and the inappropriate formation of granulomas. Do you feel comfortable passing along any additional insight you may have in that regard?

11. gfsound

gfsound New Member

Well, I'd love to pass something along, but I don't know anything about that. The numbers given from the studies is that it has been used since 1998, and with over 60,000 patients there have been no serious side effects noted. This runs in stark contrast to every single pharmaceutical I was taking (xanax, valium, HCTZ, acetazolamide, nortiptyline, diamox, diclofenac, aceclofenac, etc etc), which all had a list of side effects long enough to be a short novel.

With regard to a shorter lifespan, I'll have to let you know when I die, and if I think it's too early (or that I got shorted) I'll let everyone know. ;)

12. KennedyLane

KennedyLane New Member

Fair enough :)

13. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

Thanks for all the great updates,sorry it didn't work out.Good Luck with SS! I can go to all the spots that Gaugain was in Tahiti, with a drink in hand of course.So count me in.

14. gfsound

gfsound New Member

You are welcome, and thank you for the well wishes. It's funny, right after writing my "ok, that's it, Orthokine didn't work and I don't expect to just suddenly get better," rant yesterday, I woke up this morning feeling better than I have in weeks. Almost zero discernible tinnitus, mentally clear, can use my bad ear for the phone again, etc. I know it's almost for sure coincidence, but sometimes you have to wonder what the universe is trying to tell you. :) But I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth- carpe diem!

15. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

wow gf, that's fantastic! Hopefully this improvement will continue for a very very long time and save you a lot of money :) fingers crossed!!

16. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

So...Tahiti. Do we get to wear coconut shells? ;D

17. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

holy crap, are you serious?? i was under the impression that if all the rich and famous are doing it it can't have that bad of side effects...they after all have the doctors and best health advice don't they

18. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

awesome! could be fluctuation, could be other things, but either way relief is always good.

to your previous note, do you think a grommet is very invasive? i was told it's super simple (done in the office in 20 mins) and reversible...my doc recommended it to me. i might do it if things dont improve.

19. KennedyLane

KennedyLane New Member

I will try to find the quotes to which I am referring. If I recall correctly, I believe the concerns were related to injecting the agent in a more systemic method rather than into a joint space where it would have a more localized effect.

20. gfsound

gfsound New Member

I don't know enough about grommets to comment (actually, I don't know anything!). And for the record, I'm not saying that surgery or other devices are bad (tubes, grommets, etc), just that I haven't tried them myself.