GOD'S INSPIRATIONAL PROMISES by. Max LUCADO

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by Gina05, Dec 21, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Pg. 41

A Note From Man

On one side stands the crowd.
    Jeering, Baiting, Demanding.
    On the other side stands a peasant.
    Swollen lips, Lumpy eye, Lofty promise.
    One promises acceptance,
    the other a cross.
    One offers flesh and flash,
    the other offers faith.
    The crowd challenges, "Follow us and fit in."
    Jesus promises, " Follow me and stand out."
    They promise to please.
    God promises to save.
    God looks at you and asks. . . .
    Which will be your choice?

A Gentle Thunder

2. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

This book was given to me in 2001. By a friend, Margie, I cleaned her home bi-weekly, and we became friends.
    I've never opened the book, until this morning, I didn't remember that She had given it to me as a gift. It wasn't important to me then, it is now. I wish I still had her number, to call and tell her how inspired I am by this today. But maybe it's enough that "I" finally realized what she wanted to share.

3. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Pg.85

Never underestimate the ponderings of a Cristian Parent. never underestimate the power that comes when a parent pleads God on behalf of a child. Who knows how many prayers are being answered right now because of the faithful ponderings of a parent 10 or 20. Years ago? God listens to thoughtful parents.
    Praying for our children is a noble task. If what we are doing in this fast-paced society, is taking us away from prayer time for our children, we're doing too much. There is nothing more special, more precious, than time that a parent spends struggling and pondering with God on behalf of a child.

by
    Walking with the Savior

4. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

AMEN

5. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

GODS INSPIRATION,

AMEN

6. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Amen. Since it is hard for me to read I don't read many authors even Inspirational ones. But I do enjoy some of this man's works.

7. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Amen

8. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I'm sorry that you don't get to read as much as you'd like to. ........I'm sorry.

9. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Amen

10. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Inspiration makes Promise become Reality. Imo

11. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

happy New Years Eve!

And a Happy, Spiritual New Year!

12. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

First post, 2012

Pg.189. Eternal Life

My sheep listen to my voice,
    I know them and they follow me.
    I give them eternal life, and they will never die,
    And no one can steal them out of my hand.
    My Father gave my sheep to me.
    He is greater than all, and no person can
    steal my sheep out of my Fathers hand.

John 10:27-29
    :)

13. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

14. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Amen.

15. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

AMEN.

16. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Pg.89

A note from Max, Serving Others

There are times when we ...are called to £ expecting nothing in return. Times when we are called to give money to people who will never say thanks, to forgive those who won't forgive us, to come early and stay late when no one else notices.

Service prompted by duty. This is the call of decipleship.

Mary and Mary had a task to be done---Jesus' body had to be prepared for burial. Peter didn't offer to do it. Andrew didn't volunteer....So the Two Marys decide to do it . . .

Mary and Mary thought they were alone. They weren't. They thought their journey was unnoticed. They were wrong. God knew. He was watching them walk up the mountain. He was measuring their steps. He was smiling at their hearts and thrilled at their devotion.

He Still Moves Stones

17. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

*ditto~
    *ditto~~