GOD Always Has a Plan B

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by Gina05, Dec 17, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Hallmark gift book

I am God, there is no other;
    I am God, and there's none like Me.
    What I have said, that will I bring about;
    what I have planned, that will I do.

ISAIAH 46:9,11

Commit to the £ord whatever you do,
    And your plans will succeed.

PROVERBS. 16:3

2. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

Nice!

3. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

if you're a parent, pain is inevitable, but misery is optional. As the saying goes, even the sun has a sinking spell every evening. But the next morning, like bread dough in the darkness of the oven, it rises. We Christian parents can hit bottom just like everyone else. But we have a special ability that nonbelievers don't have. We Bounce! So when you feel yourself plummeting into the closet, be sure to leave the door open. That way you won't knock it down on your way out.

By Barbara Johnson, pg 16

Commit to the £ord whatever you do,
    And your plans will succeed.

Proverbs. 16:3

4. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Psalms and Proverbs are usually inspirational and wise. I read the New Testament mostly but always read the Psalms and Proverbs of the Old. People forget that most of the Old Testament was written for the people of 'that' era. Most does not apply to us. Can we learn from the writing and laws - yes but remember what is important to follow is Jesus' laws and examples.

5. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Gotcha, A!

Pg.44

WHEN The Hard Times of Life come, we know that no matter how tragic the circumstances seem, no matter how long the Spiritual drought, no matter how long the dark the dark, the Sun is sure to break through;
    The Dawn WILL come. The warmth of His assurance will hold us in an embrace once again, and we will know that our God has been there all along. We will hear Him say, through it all, "Hold on, my child,
    Joy comes in the morning!"

6. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

That statement in bold is untrue and unnecessary. For me it spoils the message.
    I can bounce with the best of them!

7. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

I have bounce too but for the dryer. :) :)

My special bounce in truth is Jesus. If I did not have a relationship with Him (trust me I have tried) I would not have re-bounded in some of life's worse situations. ie son being shot, mother being killed - etc. The greatest thing is that my re-bound or bounce is free.

I think what the author lacked in her words was the sentence that believers have Jesus as their bounce and that He can be obtained freely and without charge/cost. The sentence if read and interpreted in some ways can be taken as those who don't believe don't have good parenting skills or coping skills. I am not the author so thus am just making observations. Nobody likes to be told they are less than. Having Jesus is my life does not make others (different than I) less than me - I just happen to have a great gift that to me makes me feel pretty happy and special.

There have been times that I've been among 'holier' Christians who act like having Jesus in their life is something only 'certain and the elite' people can have. It makes me sick. :( Their arrogance and attitude is that they are worthy while us mere people are not. (kind of like when someone writes a sentence and winks - or a secret club with only certain passwords or codes)....ugh! I don't deem them Christians at all because Jesus is for everyone and not just the self righteous and deserving....Jesus came for us less thans and sinners....

8. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

I understand Aladdin. I think that it was wrong to say the nonbelievers don't have the ability to bounce. I think that whatever gets you through the tough times is a personal thing that no one should question. I have had some pretty rough things happen to me over the years and I have always bounced back.

We may find our strength in different places, but we can still respect that about each other without denigrating.

9. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

PS: To everyone...not open for discussion or what have you - just my thoughts and words.

Blessings.

10. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

I received strength and courage from people who believed totally different than I. In fact, they saved my life. :)
    xoxo Good morning Rose. :) Hope this week finds you in joy and peace. :) I am sorry you have had rough patches - this can wear on a person's heart after awhile.

11. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Thank you, Rose.

12. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Not a truer statement written on this board!

13. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

well I'm sure there are but what a truthful and profound statement Rose!

14. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

OK

I thought this was a place for PEACE, and Spiritual thoughts.....

I'll stick to that!

Amen

15. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

you are right Gina! Just an observation, when I read, about the use of author's words and thoughts behind them. Actually, this makes me become a better writer - I pray. lol

God bless you lovely lady. Talk soon.

16. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

It is a place for that, that's why the dig at non believers wasn't appreciated.

I don't think you have to be a Christian to be spiritual, Gina.

Aladdin even tho we aren't necessarily on the same page, we think alike in many ways.

17. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Besides that, Rose, there is the implication in the quoted passage that Christian parents make better parents. If you consider that there are 7 billion people on this planet and only 1 billion are Christians, then according to Barbara Johnson and those who support her, the remaining 6 billion make or will make lousy parents and lack "special" abilities.

I know this was not Gina's intention as she comes across as being a generous person.

18. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I am Catholic
    My children were raised in the religion since Baptised as birth.
    I don't attend much Mass these days,
    and I don't agree with all the Catholic Churches Edicts...
    especially in regard to Gays, and Abortion.

I am however, what I consider to be, a Spiritual and Generous person.(thanx, Sarita)

Since this is NOT the thread intended for debate,

Can we all just agree to disagree, as Ray intended for this section of .org.

19. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

It's not a debate. Doesn't sound like Rose was debating anything either. Just expressing a perspective. I think we're allowed to do that.

20. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I will keep in the spirit that this topic was intended.

Amen

:)