giving thanks

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by gardenfish, Oct 14, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

I thank the Lord for bringing my Dear Wife home safely after her month away. Life is good. When she is here it is like living a prayer.

you - thanks?

2. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

I thank God that I am finally starting to be aware of the Holy Spirit's influence in my life.

I have prayed for guidance on many things, but I don't always listen.

Recently I had decided to confront DIL on something. I rehearsed our imaginary dialogue...she'll say this, then I'll say this....and at last my opportunity arose. I opened my mouth to speak, but instead of my rather direct and caustic words, the most loving and supportive words came out. I was blown away! I was distinctly aware that someone else was providing exactly the right words and tone, and that it wasn't me!

The effect was amazing. It opened up a dialogue with DIL that lasted into the night. And it opened up doors to future conversations with my "daughter"...

Life is so full of blessings....

(Welcome home, Tori!!!)

3. Sarita

Sarita New Member

I am thankful for the cleansing tears that finally flowed today when they were least expected.

4. sparksmith

sparksmith New Member

Too many things to list I am thankful for.

Of course my beautiful in every way Wife

and for friends on this forum who insipire me both to write and to read

God Bless,
    Mike

5. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

I am thankful that Tori was able to enjoy her holiday and that Paul felt well enough to spend a LOT of time with us :)! And I'm thankful that Tori is back home with Paul :)!

I am thankful for all my friends here, for my children, and for my boyfriend who has changed my life!

6. Cathy

Cathy New Member

Thank you, God, for blessing my friends here on this site.

I am thankful that I have an intimate relationship with God, thankful for my husband, Steve, sons, Joshua and Caleb, family, friends, neighbors.

7. Titus

Titus New Member

I'm thankful for all the understanding and encouragement that I've received here, especially during the last few weeks. I feel accepted here and I want everyone to know you're all in my thoughts and prayers.

8. ToniG

ToniG Guest

I am thankful for all those who find peace in their hearts. I am extremely grateful for my mom who is watching our children for 2 weeks while Jim and I are at hearing dog training.

Welcome home, Tori!

9. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

I am thankful to see my beautiful friend Sarita posting here!!!

10. Pluto

Pluto New Member

Hi, don't normally post in here, but felt I must now. Maybe I'm having one of those philosophical days.

I'm thankful even through MM that I am able to work nearly everyday.

I'm thankful that I'm not afflicted in the way many of you are and hope I never will be. I feel deeply for you, I imagine myself in your shoes. Know that I love you and feel a deep brotherhood with you.

I'm thankful that I've got several friends here, even if I may have let them down through my actions. For that I am deeply sorrowful and I deeply regret it.

I'm thankful for this board, to Ray for starting it, people that understand, people that I feel a kinship to.

I'm thankful for Linda and Sherry, who were the first people I became acquainted with here. You both mean the world to me. You helped me to understand this, I love you very much. You are the best.

I'm thankful for one other person who has stood by me, who has always talked "straight" with me, given me hell when needed, and understood me. Know you mean the world to me, you saved me from myself.

Thank you Paul for starting this thread, I needed it.

11. SMC

SMC Look for the footprints in the sand......

This is such a beautiful thread that I feel almost inadeaquate to intrude. I am thankful for being allowed the opportunity to once again think of the many many reasons I have to be thankful. Just to mention a few, I am thankful for my husband's jokes that keep me laughing. I'm thankful for the colorful mountainside that is visible from our front porch rocking chairs. I'm thankful for every good minute that my precious Dale and I share. And I'm thankful for this site when I can come for information, understanding and concern.
    Hugs
    SherryC

12. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

Richard, what a lovely and eloquent post you made. It makes me pleased to have initiated the topic. Your thought about working touched me. I work 28 hours weekly. By Thursday I am wiped out, exhausted and sometimes hanging by a gossamer thread. But, I do it and I enjoy it and I am grateful for it. You are a stalwart of this forum and I thank you for that.
    Paul

13. rev

rev New Member

There is so much for which I am thankful. I believe a thankful heart is also a giving heart. My heart was not always an open one. Difficulties in adolesence caused me to be hard, untrusting, and selfish - to just name a few. It took a touch from God to allow me to open my heart and to trust again and to care again. One of my favorite thoughts is "Create in me a clean heart, Oh Lord, my God. And renew a right spirit in me."
    Big picture, I am thankful that I can care, love, trust, and hope.

14. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

life, God, family, and friends

okay - chocolate too

15. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Yes, I am thankful for chocolate! LOL

I am also thankful for MM that it has allowed me to meet all of you strong and courageous, perservering and compassionate people. It has also taught me a lot about being compassionate.

I am thankful that I have a job - probably a one of a kind jobs that allows me to use skills I have inspite of being deaf. It makes me feel productive and useful, even tho it is very lonely working all alone.

I am thankful that I have made a lot of progress in rehab from 5 years ago when I could not even sit in the bathtub unassisted. I am able to drive a car and ride a bicycle (as long as I don't have to make any turns LOL) and go to the store.

I am thankful that I have been able to help a couple of other people, some with MM & some with other struggles.

I'm thankful that my husband has stuck with me even when I told him I would understand if he left because this has forever changed his life too. I know he is lonely and frustrated and shoulders many more responsibilities now. I am thankful that he is happy to take me to these MM get togethers we have and to help me with the KC MM Support Group I have started and the Meniere's Resources, Inc. non profit organization still getting off the ground.

I am thankful that I have heaven to look forward to, where there will be no more sorrow, tears, pain, grief or illness. I will be able to hear thousands upon thousands of angels and the saints singing Hallelujah. It will be the first real sound I'll hear - how glorious!

16. Titus

Titus New Member

I'm also thankful my husband has stayed with me, Sherry. I got sick within a year after we married. Steve was a free spirit and envisioned our lives much differently than it turned out. I sometimes feel like a real "ball and chain".

Today I'm thankful I spoke with a wonderful friend on the phone. Yesterday, I actually went to someone's house for a short party. I was dizzy but was glad I made it. I'm thankful for that and that I can still drive.

17. notgivingup

notgivingup New Member

Thankful for......

My DH James
    Christ coming into my life
    Family and friend's
    Friend's here on the board
    I can still work and drive
    Comfortable home
    So many thing's...........

Janet

18. Bergie

Bergie New Member

I am thankful for my family and for what ails me in that it gave me a backbone that I never had before...I am more observant of people and their actions or lack of...and I have come to realize that the "true" friends that I do have...I cherish deeply and words alone can not express the appreciation I have for them here.

I am thankful that I WILL be going back to work one day and that I have the ability to do so!

I am thankful to Ray for this forum...I can't begin to explain how much I have learned here that I would never have gotten first hand from anyone or anywhere.

I am thankful that I have clothes on my back, shelter and food...three things that we take for granted every day, and shouldn't.

Paul..I'm glad Toni is home too!! :)

19. Willie Marie

Willie Marie New Member

I'm thankful first of all to Christ for giving His life on the cross that I could have everlasting life.

I'm thankful for my husband who is ALWAYS there to help me--even when it means having to stand beside me in Wal-Mart and then help me up when I CAN get up after a drop attack. He never is embarassed or "put off" my any of this.

Willie Marie