Found a site with lots of low sodium recipes

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by Desiree, Jun 13, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Desiree

Desiree New Member

Tonight I found a site with low sodium recipes like 800 of them, and they sound tasty. First I went to www.health.discovery.com, then I went to diet and fitness tab, then in the national body challenge area I went to the recipe tab, then I wet down to search all recipes, and then it will pull up choices I went to low sodium there are 867 of them. I am going to try the southwestern steak and peppers, and the snow peas with orange recipes soon. I cannot wait to try some of these recipes, they look so good, can you tell I am hungry..lol

Thanks Desiree

2. saltlesstears

saltlesstears New Member

Thanks Desiree, I will try that site, recipes sound great-Yvonne

3. Linette

Linette New Member

I'm not sure if this will work, but here's the direct link to the site mentioned above. Looks like some fun and interesting recipes there!

http://health.discovery.com/national-body-challenge/recipe-search-results.html?action=showRecipesByCategory&category=Low%20Sodium

4. Renee

Renee New Member

question, have you found a great deal of weight loss associated with this disease? I have a family member the recently found she has the disease and has lost about 25 pounds?

5. chrissy23

chrissy23 New Member

I lost a few pounds when I originally went on a low-salt diet. I then gained a lot of weight because I used food as a reward, crutch, escape, etc. I've since lost about 30 pounds on Weight Watchers. Not sure if that answers your question though. I do know weight loss has been the subject of a few threads. I think I even started one. You could try searching and seeing what comes up.

6. chrissy23

chrissy23 New Member

Thanks Desiree. I suddenly feel the urge to start cooking.

7. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

8. hdsterry

hdsterry New Member

Thanks for the links to all the recipes. I am a cook at heart and this low-sodium is about to kill me...lol. Can't wait to try some of the recipes!!!

9. rottiesrule

rottiesrule New Member

I like to substitute lemon or lime juice for salt, and use alot of garlic and onions. I've been loosing weight on this diet (21#), but I miss the hell out of chocolate. Not sure if chocolate will make my ear feel full, but I'm not about to risk it.

10. trippen1999

trippen1999 New Member

I lost about 20 pounds

11. Funshine

Funshine New Member

Some really great recipes! Thanks for posting!