Forum etiquette - Hijacking

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Stick, May 2, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Not on Survivor Island. Maybe pomegranates.

2. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

You'd need a pea-bucket fer that anyway. And there all spoke fer down to the security hotel.

3. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Give peas a chance wasn't Russell Hantz. The was Leon Russell. Get your Russell's straight. (You may have to Google that one Taximom.)

4. Seadog

Seadog Ambidextrous dumb-ass with out coffee

All we are saying is give peas a chance. Be sure to line them up though. There must be pea order. Peas on earth and goodwill to man, U-all.

5. pardonme

pardonme Guest

6. Stick

Stick Guest

Thanks Wino better said than I could of, since Im not a very good writer, unfortunaltely someone (I won't mention any names) had to stir up the pot because he likes to act like a three year old. See a trend there?
    Anyways it's clear that the lack of respect around here now outweighs the benefits. I might as well just re-read the "Quietus" adds over and over again. Good luck all.

7. Seadog

Would this be a bad time or the wrong place to mention that I have 6 toes on my left foot?

8. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

Six toes, egross! But I guess that's better than my toes. Big Boots says they are freaky, because each toe should be successively shorter than the previous one and that is not the case with me. My 2nd toes are a bit longer than my big toes. Then the next 2 toes are about the same size. Then there's about a 3/4 inch drop down to my baby toes. A podiatrist was more concerned about my lovely arches and said that if my husband isn't satisfied with my feet, then there's no pleasing him. My toes didn't bother him. But I think even a podiatrist would get squemish about 6 toes.

9. Seadog

It aint nuttin

10. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

all this hooplah and not a word about alien abduction--well!

11. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

I know that many of you question most anything that Seadog ever says. That's who I was too. But having now learned the hard way, I must urge you, never doubt Seadog. Like most of you, I didn't believe him about the six toes thing. I called him a liar. And because of the vaunted esteem he holds for my opinions, being called a liar by me was more than Seadog could take. And so, because of Seadog's restraints, when he was done emptying Seadog's pee bucket, Seadog asked his attending male nurse to pull the covers off his feet and take a shot of his left foot, a photo that would serve as notice of the integrity of Seadog's word to the entire world. Sea dog's male nurse sent me the resulting photo over his security hotel issued Blackberry. And did Seadog make a fool of me! I'll never doubt Seadog again. I publically apologize to Seadog for tarnishing is questionable reputation even more.

But because there are those of you who continue to doubt Seadog's word, like I did, a decent respect for the truth requires that I display the evidence Seadog's male nurse sent:

[​IMG]

I feel afool.

12. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

Well, except for the 6th toe and the totally twisted up big toe, those are some beautiful feet, SeaDog! I mean they are real pretty! If not for the irrefutable proof, from the highly respected Henry Sullivan, I wouldn't have guessed these to be your feet.

13. Seadog

It makes me swim in a circle though.

14. joy

joy New Member

Disappointing not to see a ring or two (or three) on those beautiful tootsies, too. If ya got 'em, flaunt 'em.

15. burd

burd New Member

I think they're the reason for the 6 toed foot. Things can go wonky with their genetic experiments.

16. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Miss Donna, when you have that many toes, it stands to reason that you have to double up on the foot maintenance.

17. Seadog

You should see my pedicure bill.

18. bertito

bertito The greatest composer who ever lived.

I've been participating in several public forums since 2001 and almost always, specific topics generate answers totally unrelated to the original threat.. This deviation is the norm and there is nothing we can do to stop it.. Perhaps, the reason for deviating from the topic has to do with a conviluted manner in which the topic was written or becaue those who reply have no information to contribute.

Despite this, I still enjoy this forum very much.

Good day fellow Meniere's patients.

19. Lorrie K

Lorrie K New Member

Here we go again - way off topic!

20. burd

burd New Member

I find it to be no big deal when a thread goes off topic, as long as the initial post is addressed somewhere in it all. To me it's like having a bunch of people together in a room for a common cause and the conversation will naturally ebb and flow all over the place, even when a common thread brings them together. It seems rather normal. I have learned alot by side thoughts and hijacks. And sometimes all you might get from hijacks is laughter, and that is a pretty good thing I think.