For Carolyn33 - Potholes!

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Intrepid, Oct 27, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Once upon a time, on a Monday, a man was walking down a road. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, he found himself at the bottom of a big, dark place. It was scary! After several hours, he figured out that he had fallen into a very large pothole. He wasn't able to get out on his own--actually it required a lot of help to get out, but eventually he did get out. It was awful.

The very next day--Tuesday, the man was walking down the road and fell into the pothole again. This time he immediately recognized where he was, but he still couldn't get out. He needed help again.

Wednesday, when the man fell in the pothole for the 3rd time, he remembered how to get out, and--with much hard work--was able to get out on his own. Whew!

On Thursday, the man was walking down the street again. As he approached the pothole, he remembered his previous falls. He even saw the pothole when he got close... but unfortunately he fell in anyway. But he knew the way out pretty well this time, and got out quickly.

On Friday, the man saw the pothole from a good distance away. He felt so proud of himself for spotting it, and while it took a lot of effort, he did manage to walk around it safely, and didn't fall in for the first time in a long time! Hurrah!

On Saturday, the man took a different road.

2. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

The Higher road no doubt.... Great story thank you

3. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Or the road less travelled...

4. Tara

Tara New Member

5. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

It seemed kinda like men are rumored to be - after conquering one thing, they move on to another... Geez, I hope I don't get smacked around by that one!

6. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

That was a seriously dumb guy - it took him a whole week to figure out to avoid the potholes. Sheesh. :)

7. June-

June- New Member

A week is nothing. For most of us it is a lifetime!

8. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

How come you did not use a woman in your story? Do you hate men?.....that is easy to do. Have you ever been hurt by a man? If the world was controlled by women, would the world be different? Is a female innocent, until a male corrupts her, or are some just as evil as some males? Would the story be more entertaining, if the man broke his neck on the way down? Do men use religion and politics to hide their evil side? Why are gay men percieved on TV, to be less threatening to women? Last question....

9. June-

June- New Member

Perhaps so that it could be useful instruction to all people since a man cannot take spiritual instruction from a woman and presumably a woman's experiences.

10. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Seriously - you don't get that?

11. June-

June- New Member

Seriously, Dolfan knows how to make trouble just as well as anyone else. Innocent question begs sincere answer, followed by angry debate.

12. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

Seriously June, women use men like a garden tool and everybody knows it.

13. June-

June- New Member

I am so stupid I never know anything everyone else knows.

14. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Right, but which one? Lawn mower? Wheel barrow?

Honestly Dolfan, if you're going to post something suggesting that Sarita and/or Womankind hate men then you'd better make your own response a little less predictably cliched and sexist.

15. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

I have spent the last year, contracting work in a retirement community. After talking with dozens and dozens of widows, I realized that God intended men to die first.

16. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

17. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Why? (Holding breath, wondering if I really want the answer...)

18. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Yes. Useful. I get that. Every home should have one etc.

19. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

No, because their tool holders are rusty and broken...LOL

20. June-

June- New Member

Your portrayal of women is instructive.