Feeling sick when taking lemon bioflavonoids.

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by anemaskell, Oct 3, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. anemaskell

anemaskell New Member

Hello,

I'm after some advive. My mother has just started taking the lemon bioflavonoids as part of John of Ohio's Regimen, and she has unfortunately had some quite severe side effects, namely feeling very nauseas, loss of appitite. The brand she is taking is called Stabelite, and I was wondering if anyone could advice something diffferent? We are based in the UK.

Many thanks, Anne.

2. KareBare

KareBare New Member

I am not familar with that brand, is the only thing in them the bioflavinoids? I take the Lindberg brand and don't have any problems. I also take the C-complex on that regimen but have to take with food or I can feel more nauseated than normal. Maybe she should try with food if she hasn't already.

KareBare

3. nassman

nassman Guest

Hey Karebare,

A question for you:

I, too, recently started taking the Lindberg Lemon Bioflavonoids to try to reduce my tinnitus and the container says to take "one or more" per day. Well, what is "or more" mean? Does it mean two, three, four a day?

How many do you take?

Thanks.

4. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

Is your mother eating before she takes the pills? If not, have her try it. It does not have to be a lot of food. She just might experience a difference. Also, did she start at too high of a dose. WOuld taking it in smaller doses throughout the day work? Just a thought. GOod luck.
    Paul

5. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

If they are making her sick and she know that is the cause - she should probably quit taking it. ??? Not everything that people suggest taking is going to work for everyone and it may just be coincidental that it seems to work for any - it could just be the nature of the beast.

dizzjo ???

6. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

Anne,

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of the Stabelite product. I have no experience with it, so I can't helpfully comment on it in any significant way, or on any of its side effects.

As mentioned by someone above, I too, would make sure that it's being taken with a meal, not on an empty stomach. You might also cut the dose in half to see if that eliminates the side effects. There is no doubt that lemon bioflavonoid (if that's the only active ingredient) is GRAS, generally regarded as safe, as it's found in lemon zest, lemon rind, which is found in many foods.

But there is no need to consume something that disagrees with ones system, no matter how generally safe it's regarded to be.

Please keep us posted on how this resolves.

My best wishes.

--John of Ohio

7. michele

michele New Member

Hi John of Ohio, this is Michele of Ohio, what is "part of John of Ohio's Regimen"?? guess I've missed something,

8. robi

robi New Member

Hey everone. I have been taking the Lindberg brand. I have been taking them since July. I started out with one a day, and now I am up to three a day. I take one and a half in the morning, and one and a half in the evening. I always take them with food. This seems to be the best for me so far. I'm a big guy at 6' 215 pounds and maybe you just have to try and see what amount works best for you body.

As far as my tinnitus goes, it really didn't do much for it, but it did make a big difference with the fullness and the slight dizzy spells that I was having. At this time, I am vertigo free with no dizzy spells, still have tinnitus, and slight fullness. I also feel that it made a big difference with hyperacusis.

Rob

9. KareBare

KareBare New Member

Nassman,

I take two a day. One in am and pm. Have not thought of taking more, but maybe someday I would try to up it. Hasn't done much for me in terms of tinnitus, didn't have dizzies everyday only when I have attacks, but will keep on for a while in case they are helping.

KareBare

10. burd

burd New Member

I had success with taking 1 tablet for the first 7 months, with no side effects and good results. When pollen season came on so strong I upped it to 2 a day, since my allergies were aggravating my menieres terribly. One in the morning and one at noon. And with food. And I chew them up with water to make sure my body absorbs them well. And that was 7 months ago, no side effects.
    I've only taken Lindberg brand from www.nutritionexpress.com Here's the link: http://www.nutritionexpress.com/lindberg/lindberg_bioflavonoid_complex_100_tablets.aspx
    (I believe they ship internationally)
    It could be she may not be able to handle it too, as Joyce said.

11. cmrasberry

cmrasberry New Member

I have been taking Nature's Life brand 500mg in the am with no bad effects, but I do think it helps the tinnitis. My brother has also started taking it and he is a bigger man so he takes 2 (he weighs about 250, I weigh 130 so he is double my size). He also thinks it helps, but we both thought it took 2 weeks for any difference.

12. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....